• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the last movie you've seen?

rewatched sympathy for lady vengeance the other day and it was SO intense i love park chan-wook and his movies so much, they are always so aesthetically pleasing and truly delve into subjects that we usually do not think about enough

The last movie I watched was Pumpkinhead a couple nights ago. I'd seen bits of it prior to then, but never the whole thing. I liked it well enough. I hear the sequels are trash though so I won't be bothering with them.

In theatre: I saw the Meg with my boyfriend and his dad while extremely sleep deprived. The first half of the movie is very dark (lighting wise, not emotionally) and it had such stunning visuals. The second half of the movie was utter garbage, plot-wise and visually. I would not watch it again.
At home: My 10 year old brother loves scary movies, so a few days ago we decided to browse netflix for something. We ended up finding Murder Party, which I decided we needed to watch. It's an indie cult horror, that parodies the movies in its genre. It ended up being really fun to watch!!! A lot of parts were predictable, of course, but it's a parody, so that's kind of to be expected. I can't really talk about any more of it, since it's not forum friendly. Go watch it!!! It's a really good halloween movie!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The first purge

From what the internet has told me, you seriously need to watch the sequels, since the first is pretty lame. I haven't watched any purge movies yet, but they're on my movie list for this month, since it's halloween time!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

In theatre: I saw the Meg with my boyfriend and his dad while extremely sleep deprived. The first half of the movie is very dark (lighting wise, not emotionally) and it had such stunning visuals. The second half of the movie was utter garbage, plot-wise and visually. I would not watch it again.
At home: My 10 year old brother loves scary movies, so a few days ago we decided to browse netflix for something. We ended up finding Murder Party, which I decided we needed to watch. It's an indie cult horror, that parodies the movies in its genre. It ended up being really fun to watch!!! A lot of parts were predictable, of course, but it's a parody, so that's kind of to be expected. I can't really talk about any more of it, since it's not forum friendly. Go watch it!!! It's a really good halloween movie!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

From what the internet has told me, you seriously need to watch the sequels, since the first is pretty lame. I haven't watched any purge movies yet, but they're on my movie list for this month, since it's halloween time!!!

I have watched every purge movie ;) the purge: anarchy was my favourite.

Last edited:
Ant-Man and the Wasp
It was alright, I couldn't really get invested. It's a Marvel movie so I can't expect much.

Last movie I seen at home was Annabelle which was yesterday
At the movie theater last movie I saw and it was in the summer time, it was the Ant Man and the Wasp

I want to see Venom even idc if the ratings were bad.

My niece made me watch Barbie Dolphin Magic with her. Definitely not a fan of modern Barbie movies, but I might just be too tainted by those old movies that relied on fairytales. The Life in the Dreamhouse series is super funny though, def recommend that.

I saw The Nun in cinema on Thursday. I'd absolutely recommend it to people who utterly love The Conjuring films as it provides an interesting backstory. I don't think it'd be as thrilling to people unfamiliar with the franchise though. Like The Conjuring films it's a slow burner.

I just watched Venom in theatres! I usually enjoy marvel movies so wasn't disappointed, it wasn't incredibly amazing or anything but enjoyable for sure, some parts very funny comic relief and interesting character design imo, I've been trying to find inspiration for DND 5e characters and the movie helped give me some ideas haha

I saw The Nun in cinema on Thursday. I'd absolutely recommend it to people who utterly love The Conjuring films as it provides an interesting backstory. I don't think it'd be as thrilling to people unfamiliar with the franchise though. Like The Conjuring films it's a slow burner.

Thought it was a lazy attempt of a cash-in. I was really excited for it, and then realised while I saw the very first scene of the movie: Wait, nuns aren't scary, why did I come here? I was fooled by the marketing and myself. Funnily I saw another "spooky" nun movie the next week (already had the ticket), and it was somewhat better, yet not great. It was more realistic about a small order that took advantage of pregnant girls who sought rest/guidance. The name is St. Agatha.

Last I saw Lazzaro Felice, just yesterday at the movies. A story set in Italy, in which people who do not know better get secretly exploited on a small farm 20/30 years ago, with a main character Lazzaro who endures it all in perfect obedience and innocence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hocus Pocus

on repeat

Do you know this one? Trick 'r Treat from 2007. I can recommend it as Halloween movie.

Back