• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the hardest Side-Scrolling Mario Game?

Pyrozanryu said:
Comatose2009 said:
Tubular was surprisingly easy if you knew how to beat it.
i dont remember..., :S what was it like? might jog my memory
There were lots of pipes/tubes, Chargin' Chucks and piranha plants. I think there might have been bob-ombs or bullet bills, too.

Comatose2009 said:
Pyrozanryu said:
Comatose2009 said:
There were lots of pipes/tubes, Chargin' Chucks and piranha plants. I think there might have been bob-ombs or bullet bills, too.
:S nope... i last played 7yrs ago so yea...

Wii Master 64 said:
I hated SMB 3. anyways, the hardest game for me is lost levels, hands down. it's Japanese, it has to be hard.
The reason why we got a modified Doki Doki Panic with the name "Super Mario Bros. 2" slapped on it was because Nintendo thought that the original Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 was too difficult for Americans. So yeah, it's hard as hell. XD

Comatose2009 said:
Pyrozanryu said:
Comatose2009 said:
The only way to navigate were P Balloons as well, but you could easily use a cape or blue yoshi. Using the cape is really risky and hard though.

The cape could only get me three-quarters of the way through the level. The trick was using the max out of the P balloons or they would run out too early, and you were screwed.

Back