• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What’s the best villager you’ve turned down on a mystery island?

maple22

a huh huh huh
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Whitney was pretty much my top snooty villager for a while, and she still is one of my favorites. I’d never gotten a snooty villager on an island, and today I got my first one... it was Whitney! I knew immediately I would take her.
After freaking out for about 30 minutes, I decided to... leave, because I have another favorite wolf villager, and I figured that eventually having 3 wolves would be too many. And I had only used three tickets so far, anyway.
I kind of regretted it instantly. But, just a couple of tickets later, I got Marina to round out my octopus trio... so things didn’t turn out too bad, even though my town will once again be lacking a snooty. But if I ever get Whitney on an island again, I’m inviting her without a second thought.

the most popular ones i've passed on are probably all the cranky wolves lol, i've seen them all like 3 times each

oh i've passed on diana, fauna, and marshal too

i had to turn down bob, apollo, fang, the list goes on

I've passed on Lolly and Bob - cute, but not what I was looking for!

Not necessarily a popular villager, but I passed up one of the new villagers (Cyd).

I've passed on merengue. Kinda wished I had gotten her, even if I didn't plan on keeping her I know that she's popular and I could have probably helped someone get their dreamie.

I passed on Wade and Merry.... I regret both sm as I love them! I did it at the time because I was trying to get the personalities I didn't have. Big mistake. Also if you want Whitney lmk, I have her amiibo so I can get her in boxes for free if needed.

I passed on a lot of great villagers because I'd had their amiibo cards and I was set on not getting villagers that I had a card for, but I still regret passing on Alice. She was one of my favorites in NL and I got so excited to see her on an island. I have her card, which is why I left her there, but I still feel so bad.

Saw Julian at one point. I know people like him, I don't, so I kept going. Felt a little bad cuz my friend said she would kill for Julian. Whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some popular ones I turn down were Fauna, Beau, Judy, Chief, Bunnie, Zell, Chevre, Melba...
I kinda regret Fauna and Beau but it was my first wave of Island hopping, already got Deirdre as my initial villager and didn't want more deers at this time.

I passed on Zucker even though I thought he was cute. I got Ankha on the very next island and I was so happy :)

Blanche.

No no one famous lol, but I need a snooty now and I should've taken her even though I already had Naomi

On my first playthrough, I ran into Audie on one of my first ever mystery islands. The only thing I knew about her at the time was that she was one of the "new villagers". I left without inviting her. I'm not interested in having her on my island for myself, but if I ran into her today, I'd probably bring her back home so I could give her away to someone, now that I know how popular she is

I haven't really regretted passing up on any villagers at all, but I guess just in terms of the popular ones... Marshal, maybe? It was late at night and, from far away, I had mistaken him for Cally, one of my favorite past villagers, and so I left the island in a rage. : P

Based on that tier list that's floating around, I also passed on Audie, Lucky (twice), and Zucker (like two or three times). I think I also saw Beau or Fauna, I can't remember.

I've already had Zucker, and I prefer to not have doubles of species, so I didn't even consider the others. The only one I would have vaguely considered was Lucky since I was thinking of maybe having Goldie move at some point. But after seeing him, I'm actually not a super huge fan of his model in this game. His bandages are so smooth, so he's just this weird featureless white blob. No regrets here. : P

I turned down Marshal because I have his amiibo. Tier wise, Lucky because I don’t like him even though I don’t have his amiibo.

Personally, the one I turned down that I like from New Leaf is Murphy.

Back