What’s the best villager you’ve turned down on a mystery island?

maple22

a huh huh huh
Bells
Whitney was pretty much my top snooty villager for a while, and she still is one of my favorites. I’d never gotten a snooty villager on an island, and today I got my first one... it was Whitney! I knew immediately I would take her.
After freaking out for about 30 minutes, I decided to... leave, because I have another favorite wolf villager, and I figured that eventually having 3 wolves would be too many. And I had only used three tickets so far, anyway.
I kind of regretted it instantly. But, just a couple of tickets later, I got Marina to round out my octopus trio... so things didn’t turn out too bad, even though my town will once again be lacking a snooty. But if I ever get Whitney on an island again, I’m inviting her without a second thought.

the most popular ones i've passed on are probably all the cranky wolves lol, i've seen them all like 3 times each

oh i've passed on diana, fauna, and marshal too

i had to turn down bob, apollo, fang, the list goes on

Not necessarily a popular villager, but I passed up one of the new villagers (Cyd).

I've passed on merengue. Kinda wished I had gotten her, even if I didn't plan on keeping her I know that she's popular and I could have probably helped someone get their dreamie.

I passed on Wade and Merry.... I regret both sm as I love them! I did it at the time because I was trying to get the personalities I didn't have. Big mistake. Also if you want Whitney lmk, I have her amiibo so I can get her in boxes for free if needed.

I passed on a lot of great villagers because I'd had their amiibo cards and I was set on not getting villagers that I had a card for, but I still regret passing on Alice. She was one of my favorites in NL and I got so excited to see her on an island. I have her card, which is why I left her there, but I still feel so bad.

Saw Julian at one point. I know people like him, I don't, so I kept going. Felt a little bad cuz my friend said she would kill for Julian. Whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some popular ones I turn down were Fauna, Beau, Judy, Chief, Bunnie, Zell, Chevre, Melba...
I kinda regret Fauna and Beau but it was my first wave of Island hopping, already got Deirdre as my initial villager and didn't want more deers at this time.

I passed on Zucker even though I thought he was cute. I got Ankha on the very next island and I was so happy :)

Blanche.

No no one famous lol, but I need a snooty now and I should've taken her even though I already had Naomi

On my first playthrough, I ran into Audie on one of my first ever mystery islands. The only thing I knew about her at the time was that she was one of the "new villagers". I left without inviting her. I'm not interested in having her on my island for myself, but if I ran into her today, I'd probably bring her back home so I could give her away to someone, now that I know how popular she is

I haven't really regretted passing up on any villagers at all, but I guess just in terms of the popular ones... Marshal, maybe? It was late at night and, from far away, I had mistaken him for Cally, one of my favorite past villagers, and so I left the island in a rage. : P

Based on that tier list that's floating around, I also passed on Audie, Lucky (twice), and Zucker (like two or three times). I think I also saw Beau or Fauna, I can't remember.

I've already had Zucker, and I prefer to not have doubles of species, so I didn't even consider the others. The only one I would have vaguely considered was Lucky since I was thinking of maybe having Goldie move at some point. But after seeing him, I'm actually not a super huge fan of his model in this game. His bandages are so smooth, so he's just this weird featureless white blob. No regrets here. : P

I turned down Marshal because I have his amiibo. Tier wise, Lucky because I don’t like him even though I don’t have his amiibo.

Personally, the one I turned down that I like from New Leaf is Murphy.

Back