• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something strange that makes you happy?

I like reading reviews of bad hotels or Greyhound bus reviews to hear people complain. I love how clueless some of the people are when it comes to travel, lol. Some of the reviews have typos and poor grammar, too, that it’s hard to take them seriously.

I like reading reviews of bad hotels or Greyhound bus reviews to hear people complain. I love how clueless some of the people are when it comes to travel, lol. Some of the reviews have typos and poor grammar, too, that it’s hard to take them seriously.
do you happen to watch another dirty room by Dan bell? if you don't, you might like it

I love sudden differences of texture when it comes to like, ordinary things. if I have my hand on a desk and I suddenly come across something squishy or soft om hyperfixated on that for a very long time.

Already made a post here, but I love references in shows and video games, especially if it's a reference of something I'm familiar with. For example, in one of the Pinky and the Brain episodes (in the Animaniacs reboot), Brain says something about an "Italian Brothers Mustache Game" and you can see Pinky with a controller that looks like the one for the SNES and a game that looks like Mario Kart. (If you couldn't figure it out, that was referencing Mario. I love it.)

Probably disgusting idk but definitely strange: I like looking at raw meat in the meat section of the grocery. I always have this urge to buy so much meat just because they look delicious as raw. (PSA: No, I dont eat meat raw LOL. The only raw thing I've ever eaten is sashimi.)

Another is really prominent arm/hand veins. Seeing them and touching them makes me feel very oddly calm. It was a thing ever since I was a child. I'd rarely hold my mom by the hand; I instead held her by her wrist so I could touch the veins behind her hand. Even now I find myself playing with the vein on the backside of my hand whenever I'm nervous. I honestly thought it was a childhood thing and I'd eventually outgrow it, but apparently not?

There's a lot.

- Stretching my fingers.
- Calling my lizards "Lizard Man" and "Lizard Girl."
- Playing old games on CRTs.
- Reading population statistics.
- Looking at Sage Grouses.
- Watching clips from bad movies like The Room or Troll 2.
- Tilting my head in circles.
- Watching linguistics videos.
- Watching low quality memes or videos on loop.

Whenever I finish a book, I go on GoodReads and read negative reviews about it. I do this regardless of whether or not I liked it. For some bizarre reason I take great joy from it.

I felt strange satisfaction over ships and boats passing by at the sea or any body of water, there's something about vehicles floating above water that made me either thrilled or in awe.

I also like looking up public domain cartoon VHS from the 80's and 90's for some strange reason, regardless of whether its the VHS box art posted online or a footage of it uploaded online. There's something funny about a poorly-drawn Bugs Bunny or some other well known cartoon character from the 1940's on those public domain video tape covers.

For some reason sitting or lying on the floor feels so nice and comfortable, especially a corner.

I try to be careful when doing it around people though, I have scared or concerned WAY too many people lol
I'm the same way, there were so many times in my college classes when I wanted to just sit on the floor because sitting/lying on the floor is oddly comforting. but lots of people seem to think that's odd/weird.

a few things that are strangely comforting to me:
- playing with the little bumpy things on my dog's lower lip (called a lemurine toothbrush). his face is really wrinkly/loose so I like playing w his lips when I'm lying in my bed w him. as weird as it might sound he doesn't pay any mind at all.
- sitting in rooms with minimal light. I think bc I have SPD being able to enjoy low light/noise areas is nice.
- drawing fluffy animals or animals with bushy tails
- the stone enemies from the Super Mario series. idk what it is abt them but I've always thought they were great. I think bc they're so ridiculous and odd looking 😂😂

Back