• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's so great about Merengue, anyway?

I'm sorry I seemed rude as well, it's just I've seen a lot of posts like this since I joined (and it hasn't even been a month!) and it's getting kind of annoying. You edited your original post, but before you edited it, it seemed as if you were judging those who did like Merengue.

I edited it because yes, maybe it did come across that way, and I apologize as well. But I am not the kind of person to judge other people based on their likes and opinions. Personally, I find Merengue overrated, I see people literally THREATENING other users for her, but that's just my own opinion and I didn't think it was all that much of a bad thing to share it and hear people's thoughts. I was NOT expecting this kind of reaction, but maybe it was a learning experience. I'm relatively new here as well, and I just wanted to know WHY people are so crazy about her. People are saying 'well duh she's a cupcake rhino nuff said' but that's not really a reason. But anyway, I don't intend to offend anyone over her.

But anyhow, I really love the TBT community and don't want to upset people here. Everyone on this website is incredibly helpful and has been super accommodating to my needs. The last thing I want to do is cause a ruckus where it's not needed. Sorry everyone.

I edited it because yes, maybe it did come across that way, and I apologize as well. But I am not the kind of person to judge other people based on their likes and opinions. Personally, I find Merengue overrated, I see people literally THREATENING other users for her, but that's just my own opinion and I didn't think it was all that much of a bad thing to share it and hear people's thoughts. I was NOT expecting this kind of reaction, but maybe it was a learning experience. I'm relatively new here as well, and I just wanted to know WHY people are so crazy about her. People are saying 'well duh she's a cupcake rhino nuff said' but that's not really a reason. But anyway, I don't intend to offend anyone over her.

But anyhow, I really love the TBT community and don't want to upset people here. Everyone on this website is incredibly helpful and has been super accommodating to my needs. The last thing I want to do is cause a ruckus where it's not needed. Sorry everyone.

There may not be actual reasons people like her, though. That's like me asking you why you like Fauna. I mean, Daisy is a better normal villager in my opinion because personally I like dogs, and I think her design is really cute.

People really enjoy Merengue's design. She doesn't have different dialogue than other villagers of her personality type. The only real difference between her and other villagers of her personality is her appearance and home, that's pretty much it.

People just enjoy villagers and they shouldn't really have to give a good reason why.

I don't get why people obsess over things like this.

You love Marshal/Merengue. Great.
You hate Marshal/Merengue. Also great.
Now can we all just enjoy Ac.

There may not be actual reasons people like her, though. That's like me asking you why you like Fauna. I mean, Daisy is a better normal villager in my opinion because personally I like dogs, and I think her design is really cute.

People really enjoy Merengue's design. She doesn't have different dialogue than other villagers of her personality type. The only real difference between her and other villagers of her personality is her appearance and home, that's pretty much it.

People just enjoy villagers and they shouldn't really have to give a good reason why.

Well if there aren't, there aren't, and I won't self-destruct because of it. I just wanted to hear what people had to say.

Once again, sorry for stirring people up.

When she appeared on my campsite (after I spent 30 minutes resetting for Julian/Stitches/Colton/and her) I was like YAAAAAAAAAAAAS and I was spinning with joy. I already had Kiki in my town so with her there were 2 normal villagers in my town, but I didn't even bring myself to care. Long story short, it wasn't even a week before rumors of her fighting with Ankha appeared and she fought with Kiki 3 times a week. Kiki and Ankha are my bbs so I was really incredibly pissed at her, and even considered selling her, but decided to give her another chance (since she kinda bribed me with a polka-dot table I really needed). Now me and her are besties (I even have her picture!) she doesn't fight with Kiki (they are best friends too apparently, I saw them talking about cakes earlier) and she's just a cute little addition to my town since her house is where I used to have a big empty space.

I personally don't like Merengue. I had her in 3 different towns and I can honestly say that she is boring to have. Her house is cute but that's about it for me. And don't worry about all the negativity you got from your thread. It was just a question you wanted to ask. I don't comment about all the other useless threads people make and some should show respect. People have their own opinions on villagers tho. Whether people like a certain villager or not, their reasoning will be different. If someone doesn't like what you asked then there was an option for them just to move on without saying anything.

- SNIP - I don't comment about all the other useless threads people make and some should show respect.

What? That sentence doesn't make any sense. YOU demand respect? The thread demands respect? Respect should be given and not earned? I really don't know what you are saying here.

About Merangue, I don't know her personally, but her pics seem cute enough, and as others have said, it all just comes down to personal opinion. There are 300 villagers. People will, quite simply, choose which they prefer.

I personally don't like Merengue. I had her in 3 different towns and I can honestly say that she is boring to have. Her house is cute but that's about it for me. And don't worry about all the negativity you got from your thread. It was just a question you wanted to ask. I don't comment about all the other useless threads people make and some should show respect. People have their own opinions on villagers tho. Whether people like a certain villager or not, their reasoning will be different. If someone doesn't like what you asked then there was an option for them just to move on without saying anything.

Thank you... I've said numerous times I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm not trying to sound cool by hating on Merengue. Jeez, I don't even hate her, I just think she's a tad overrated. I like Fauna, and she's overrated. I just didn't expect such a sea of negative responses towards my thread on such a nice and accommodating site. This is the first time I've felt a little... well, uncomfortable on TBT. I'm a bit concerned it's going to affect my interactions with other on the site too. Someone even gave my thread a terrible rating :/

People will get to know you for YOU. Don't worry! I don't think you need to worry about a thread rating, either. I never even look at that nor knew about rating threads until recently.

I also like your username, by the way. Wildworldgirl is a pretty awesome name. :)

People will get to know you for YOU. Don't worry! I don't think you need to worry about a thread rating, either. I never even look at that nor knew about rating threads until recently.

I also like your username, by the way. Wildworldgirl is a pretty awesome name. :)

Aw, thank you! That makes me feel a bit better. :)

What? That sentence doesn't make any sense. YOU demand respect? The thread demands respect? Respect should be given and not earned? I really don't know what you are saying here.

About Merangue, I don't know her personally, but her pics seem cute enough, and as others have said, it all just comes down to personal opinion. There are 300 villagers. People will, quite simply, choose which they prefer.

I wasn't talking about me. I don't know what YOU read where I said I needed respect. Do you think it's okay that people go onto other peoples threads and be rude towards someone asking a simple question?! Who cares if someone ask a question that others ask over and over again. It happens all the time here. Whether it's an opinion or other questions. They shouldn't be shown such disrespect.

Last edited:
I guess people thing she is cute. I find it pretty adorable that she has a strawberry on her head. As for the people being rude, it honestly isn't a problem if she asks about it. She wasn't going on a rant about how that villager is awful and how another is better. They simply asked a question.

Last edited:
I guess people thing she is cute. I find it pretty adorable that she has a strawberry on her head. As for the people being rude, it honestly isn't a problem if she asks about it. She wasn't going on a rant about how that villager is awful and how another is better. They simply asked a question.

Their original post was a lot more judgmental than the one they edited it to. It's why everyone (including myself, I apologized though) was "rude". Just saying. ^^

Last edited:
No need to worry about people rating your thread, some people can be ***holes while other people are laid back and good to get along with.

As for Merengue, she has a unique look about her and I prefer villagers who are unique like Lucky for example who is rapped up in bandages. I don't know why I havent been interested in Merengue, I guess I havent really seen her in the game yet

Their original post was a lot more judgmental than the one they edited it to. It's why everyone (including myself, I apologized though) was "rude". Just saying. ^^

I don't want to pick another fight, but people were still getting a little excited even after I edited it. I edited the post after about 3 comments.

I think It's fun having a cute rhino walk around town with a watering can. Her house is really adorable, too! (actually I kind of stole all of her house items because they were too adorable i needed them but let's not talk about that.)

Back