• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's Bothering You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of "friends" only coming to me when they are sad and upset after saying they have no friends. I'm trying to get rid of toxic people in my life, but I'm too nice to people and I hate it. Also when you try to help them and they don't listen to anything you say.

i had to see a psych nurse 2day because im switching doctor and whatever and she got really caught up on my sh which was......... not great......... like i guess i'll need to tell her about all the therapy stuff ive done abt it but sdfhgjhdsgghs i really dislike how she talked about it and it felt like she misunderstood my entire situation :I

My boyfriend is coming home tomorrow and yet my mood is extremelly bad, yay :V

The guy I've been "seeing" for the past few months has been acting distant lately and when trying to talk to him he's giving me one to two word answers. When I ask him if everything is alright he tells me "Everything is fine" but will go back to barely responding. But if I don't text him that frequently, he'll pull the "Oh text me when you're not busy." Man, I would text you more if you actually responded or initiate a conversation. We've only been "dating" for about 5 to 6 months now? And I know that it is a bad sign if we're already having minor issues like this. I'm partially thinking of ending it with him because we're probably getting our signals crossed among other things. =\

We've only been "dating" for about 5 to 6 months now? And I know that it is a bad sign if we're already having minor issues like this.

To be fair, I was only 5 month with my boyfriend, when he started to act exactly the same, as yours is right now.
There must be a reason why he does that. You need to get to that reason, sit down with him and really speak about
everything. Trust me, it helps a lot.

For my part, when he acted more and more distant, at this time I had a very good online friend, that started to kinda
"flirt" with me and he was so much more nice to me, than my actual boyfriend. I felt more loved from a random online
guy than my actual boyfriend. However, my boyfriend never really takes me serious when I say "We need to talk",
but I made him clear, that this had to be a real talk. So we sat down, I told him about everything, he started to open up
as on why he is acting like it and we figured everything out.
Fast forward, we are now 4 years together, he just bought a house for us and we are getting even more animals (like 7 are not enough.. to be fair, it's my fault the amount of animals :3)

So don't give up that easily, speaking works wonder

I've done that already, telling him we need to sit down and talk about it because he really was starting to get all distant. He kept insisting that everything was fine, that he was just busy at work, or driving or didn't have his phone with him. The thing is, before he and I started talking about dating, we would be texting back and forth all day with at the most a 10 minute wait time between each response then all of a sudden he's constantly busy or some other thing. So there was a HUGE shift in the frequency of our conversations. The thing that irritates me the most? I'd text him asking him a question IE: "What did you have for lunch?"and he'll say something completely random like "I cut my thumb." So I'm strongly getting the impression that he's not keen on talking to me but doesn't want to say anything outright.

It also doesn't help that this is a long distance relationship so majority if not all of our communications are either through text messaging or on discord. And even then, he's quiet and not as talkative as he used to be. So I know that there is something wrong and every time I bring it up, he evades and deflects.

Meh, that indeed doesn't sound great.
I don't understand why boys can never just say if something's wrong.
Even if he would want to stop it between you and him, he should at least not make you suffer,
not knowing where you are at. ):

Have you ever tried to just not text him at all, even if he reacts bad to it?
Like, I know that there is the feeling, that is almost forcing you to write something,
but have you tried that already and staying strong to keep doing that (just answering
messages, if he writes first) ? If not, maybe you could try and see if it makes him miss you..
if not, then I guess there is something really wrong >-<

I've done that, just not responding right away to his texts and he'll switch tactics on "Oh I guess I'll talk to you later when you're not busy." So at this point I'm thinking it's just a weird game to him. And truth be told, he and I are both too old to be playing this kind of game.

Arf, I am really sorry to hear that.
I wish I could give somehow more helpful tips, but I am kind of a noob when it comes to relationships >:

omg idk if i can go to the concert i am going to cry if i cant go
and if i can go ill cry lol but happy tears

Last edited:
Talked to the guy. He said "I don't think we want the same thing out of this relationship so maybe we should take the next few days to ourselves and think." -.- Now this is coming out of the blue because we had this talk already so I'm guessing it's more mind games. So much for a mature relationship.

The side of my face...if this pain isn't gone by tomorrow it's hospital time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back