• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's Bothering You?

I don't really know what to say to you because what I would like to say is directed at your classmates who made those inappropriate comments(and not you)

I agree with ZeldaCrossing64 please tell a trusted adult such as a parent or teacher about this. What your classmates said was not okay in the slightest. You guys were suppose to be writing a awareness project about sexual violence and trying to erase stigma surrounding it, the things the girls said does the exact opposite, it further stigmatizes sexual violence, men can be victims of sexual violence and women can be perpetrators of sexual violence, men are not the only ones who cause it and women are not the only victims of it.

Sexual violence is always horrible and disgusting no matter what. It can be extremely difficult and traumatizing for victims to talk about their experiences and the stigma surrounding the subject makes it so male victims feel like it is not safe or okay for them to talk about what happened or get help when they deserve love and support just like all other victims.

It is not okay to generalize or classify people based on things such as race, nationality, ethnicity, biological sex, gender identity, sexuality, religion, disability etc. etc. We should judge people based on their actions and how they affect others not who they are labeled as, anyone has the potential to be a good or bad person regardless of what group they are part of it is how you treat others and your moral beliefs that matters. Men should not be held accountable for sexual violence, only perpetrators should, men do not think sexual violence is okay, only perpetrators and supporters of sexual violence believe that.

I am extremely sorry this happened to you, I think you handled the situation very maturely and I'm very glad you are speaking up about this and I think you need to tell a trusted adult about what happened. You worked very hard on the project and you did a good job with your classmates, I'm really sorry this made you very upset and uncomfortable you deserve to be treated better Mr_Keroppi

I saw I got a grade on my midsem exam worth a decent chunk of my overall grade last night that was way lower than what I expected, and what I was hoping for. I know logically its not the end of the world, but I'm still very upset about it. And as always when it comes to anything school related, I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it. I went back on my word to myself a year ago when I promised myself I'd shut up about my grades, good and bad, because there's no point. And guess I'm going back to that. I don't want to hear "oh well at least you passed", or "it could be worse". I know I generally get good grades, but I can't open my mouth about it either way. If I get something good and tell someone I'm excited I'm being a jerk because I'm showing off and rubbing it in people's faces. If I get something I'm personally disappointed in, even if I preface it with that, "it stings because that's about the grade I usually get". I get that. But I'd think that as someone close to me they'd care at least a little bit that I'm very upset without belittling me and basically telling me to shut up and stop being a jerk. I'm hurting a lot, and you basically telling me to shut up when I reach out for comfort, or even someone just to listen isn't making anything better. I thought I'd try again after the last time I finally mentioned that I feel like I can;t talk about my grades and explained a lot of my feelings. but I guess I'll go back to shutting up : ( And now I need to try to work on catching up on lectures my motivation isn't feeling it after this :/
I'm sorry I'm just rambling, I'll delete this in a bit

Upcoming birthday giving me a nighttime existential crisis. Granted it's not till a couple months away.

I'm not seeing my family this summer, so I don't have much to look forward to. It made me kinda melancholy.

Back