What's bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why why why did my English teacher have to give us a project final T-T I have to stay up really late to finish it and I haven't even had time to study for my other finals tomorrow T~T

Your English teacher is dumb.

You need a Chinese teacher instead.

Last edited:
pc doesn't let me replay videos? no big deal, i'll just refresh the page every frikken time.
pc doesn't let me upload to dA? eff this, i am so done.

you know what book sucks? this immortals book i red once back in my vampire craze. dozens of pages of some chick whining and moaning over some guy? no thanks, i'll read twilite for that. :lemon:

solution: dont hav a dA. mayb try pixiv or wysp or somethin.
also try using a different browser. or like. restart your pc

My friends read the Scarlet Letter in 7th grade and some read it again in 9th grade. However, I never read it. I heard it's the worst book ever though.

it sucks so much i hate it

Got set up on a date with a guy...we get along, same taste in music, books and movies and video games.... He's freaking 10 years younger then me. -face desk- (I'm 31 he's 21 going 22.)

135 question mid term. This isn't even the final wtf

- - - Post Merge - - -

I read it junior year and it was really sad. REALLY sad. I enjoyed it a lot.

Never saw the movie though. I didn't like either of The Great Gatsby movies. Well, I didn't like to book either but meh.

Great Gatsby is amazing wahhh

Have you been forced to read huckleberry Finn yet???

I had a wisdom tooth out this morning and I can feel a slow trickle of blood in my mouth.
Nasty.

I think what's sadder than the book is the fact that school teaches students to hate it (well, many things. I used to like photography until I was forced to take 400 pictures of a ****ing shoe).

With "Of Mice and Men", I had my least favorite English teacher of all time also so what a great time to read it. However, I decided instead of just annotating while reading, I'd just read the chapter. It was GREAT. I actually finished the book in two days (no shocker, it's not that long). However, we read it in class and it took us 9 days because my teacher went "Look at the color of Curly's hair. Isn't that just anazlastic!"

I still enjoyed the book. I'd recommend it to someone who hasn't read it.

Another book I loved was "Dubliners". AMAZING book with the very best English teacher of all time. I also recommend it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My friends read the Scarlet Letter in 7th grade and some read it again in 9th grade. However, I never read it. I heard it's the worst book ever though.

My teacher: "Curley's wife is wearing red ostrich feathers. Ostriches are flightless birds, so this is symbolic of Curley's wife's lack of freedom to escape the farm and her life of disappointment. They are red because this colour has sexual connotations, and it is part of her desperate attempt to get attention from the ranch workers."

Me: "or maybe she just likes red ostrich feathers" -_-

You know what book I hate? 'Heroes'. I think it's terrible. Even my teacher is ashamed to teach it.

Also, something that's bothering me is how my school's new head teacher is changing everything without regard to how the students feel about it. Even the other teachers aren't happy with what he's doing.

Last edited:
i got the chicken alfredo instead of the burger + tater tots at lunch just now
cries
the burgers are made of actual beef
thats what the lunch ladies told everyone the first day these new ones were introduced

My teacher: "Curley's wife is wearing red ostrich feathers. Ostriches are flightless birds, so this is symbolic of Curley's wife's lack of freedom to escape the farm and her life of disappointment. They are red because this colour has sexual connotations, and it is part of her desperate attempt to get attention from the ranch workers."

Me: "or maybe she just likes red ostrich feathers" -_-

You know what book I hate? 'Heroes'. I think it's terrible. Even my teacher is ashamed to teach it.

Also, something that's bothering me is how my school's new head teacher is changing everything without regard to how the students feel about it. Even the other teachers aren't happy with what he's doing.

Heroes? Never heard of it actually. What is it about?

My school and many other schools are being forced to follow Common Core things. We took a test:

"What is a purpose?"
one of the answers: "A mammal that lives underwater." complete agony being treated like idiots.

- - - Post Merge - - -

135 question mid term. This isn't even the final wtf

- - - Post Merge - - -

Great Gatsby is amazing wahhh

Have you been forced to read huckleberry Finn yet???

Uh, we kinda did. Well...I sparknoted everything...lol. In class, we had a discussion and it was my turn to speak and I just blurted out something I remembered in sparknotes and my teacher just lit up and went "YEAH, I AGREE! VERY GOOD!" and I didn't have the heart to tell her that I only read two chapters.

Heroes? Never heard of it actually. What is it about?

My school and many other schools are being forced to follow Common Core things. We took a test:

"What is a purpose?"
one of the answers: "A mammal that lives underwater." complete agony being treated like idiots.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Uh, we kinda did. Well...I sparknoted everything...lol. In class, we had a discussion and it was my turn to speak and I just blurted out something I remembered in sparknotes and my teacher just lit up and went "YEAH, I AGREE! VERY GOOD!" and I didn't have the heart to tell her that I only read two chapters.

It's about this guy who was in the Second World War (I think) and some of his face was blown off by a grenade. It's more than just that, but it doesn't deserve to be written about in detail lol. All I remember really is that I had a terrible teacher who couldn't teach us anything, and five people literally fell asleep reading in one lesson.

Also, we have similar pathetic tests. This is very annoying considering I've never answered a question wrong, along with many others, yet we still have to take these tests. One of our questions was:

Which of the following is the biggest?

a) a sofa
b) a cow
c) The Moon
d) a house

-_-

Last edited:
I need to memorize ''The Journey" by Mary Oliver by tomorrow,and recite it perfectly for that score qqqq.I also need to include hand gestures ,`m`.
Or pretty much all of this:

One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice--
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
"Mend my life!"
each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do--
determined to save
the only life you could save.

It is a really nice poem imo but...I only memorized a part of it.UGHHAAAH.Oh well,I inflicted this pain upon myself x)

original.gif

My mom thinks I want to live on Hawaii with a ton of money and be a famous veternarian or scientist.

I want to live in Norway in a small cabin and be left alone.

She hears me but she doesn't listen.

been sick the last 3 weeks and coughed so much my ribs hurt now... went to the doctor and she said she cant do anything bc its prob a viral chest infection so antibiotics wont help fml

It's hard to have a parent with a mental disability.. Just don't know what to do sometimes. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back