• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What You'd Like to See

AeroFunk80

Bells
I always like these discussions. I'm sure this has been done before, but I couldn't find a thread.

I absolutely love AC:NH and have spent days and hours playing. However; curious what the community here would like to see removed, added, or changed in future DLC, updates, or AC games? Listed mine below:

1. Trade Window: The ability to actually start a trade window (similar to WOW or other MMO's) where you place the item and the other player places their bells/DIY/trade items. You then both have to agree. I'd also like to see the ability to give money via your phone (straight from your bank) as opposed to multiple bags of bells.

2. Visitor Loading: I really dislike how you have to, literally, close all windows and stop what you're doing when someone comes to visit. My friend and I play FarCry 5 together. I invite her into my game... and I can still talk to people, open inventory, run around, fight. She loads in while I'm still playing. Quick, easy, and convenient. Why can't AC do this?

3. Kick/Ban Visitors: If I have people over because my turnip prices are high, or they're coming to purchase something I sold/bought off Nookazon, and they're being a troll... the ability to kick those players (maybe even ban so they can't return) would be nice. Closing your gates and kicking everyone when you only want to get rid of one person is really annoying.

4. Player Business: While there are third-party sites (Nookazon) and other ways to trade and start a business... I'd love to be able to start my own (player run) shop. Have so many shelves with the ability to place your used, found, or crafted items to be displayed and sold. When friends or other players visit your island, they can go into your shop, browse, and buy. What they buy goes directly into your bank account.

5. Business Partner: Ability to invest in your island businesses (Nook's Cranny, Able Sisters, Coffee Shop) and become a small partner... when visitors buy from those shops (if you're a partner)... you get a % of that sale. The % you get depends on how much of a partner you are.

As you can see... I really enjoy the business side of this game LOL Love crafting, trading, and just being an entrepreneur. While I can do this through other sites (and I still would)... I'd love to see us be able to do it (to a degree) on our own island. I'd have people over all the time to go shopping if that was a possibility.

I'd like to see (realistically):
  • Nooks upgrade to Nookingtons
  • A option to change the outer appearance to buildings like Town Hall, Stores, etc
  • Basic multiplayer minigames (tag, hide and seek, bug/fish competition)
  • More dialogue to villagers
  • Just more items
  • Weird idea, but it would be cool if the donation box worked inside Dream Addresses (One per account though). You get a little tip for someone visiting :) Or maybe an optional comment box (filtered for language) where people can write comments about your island?

@rubyrubert

Yes! Changing the outer appearance of buildings would be nice. Multiplayer mini-games would be fun. I considered creating a hide and seek with friends, though. I also wish the donation box could accept any amount or more than 1000 bells. Granted, people can just throw it down on the ground, but the donation box is cute and want to see it used more :)

the ability to leave comments on dream islands would be amazing. i'd be a lot more inspired to use the dream function that way.

and yes, more upgrades to nook's cranny. i miss the nl shop!

i really like the idea of being able to have a shop you run yourself too. i'd have so much fun decorating the heck out of it

Things I want/would like to see, realistically in the next game

• A bug "safari place" you travel to, to hunt Beetles. I really liked that in New Leaf and I want that back. I don't care to hunt tarantulas and scorpions, not to mention, they nerfed those in NH.
  • Bulk buying and Bulk crafting.
  • I would like to be able to upgrade a villager house to be a house for two villagers on my own map. This can increase villager count optionally without taking space. Or some sort of building where you can house more than one villager.
  • I want to see PWP come back to some extent. I don't want it to be the main drive of the game and I don't foresee that happening luckily. However it would be nice if PWP existed for large bizarre items that would be considered more of a tourist attraction or special land mark. PWP was enjoyable to unlock and "earn" in New Leaf. These can be items that aren't feasible to craft or just buy like nook mile stuff.
  • I want to see some catchable creatures added. Even if it can be counted on one hand.
  • A place for Celeste. She needs her own place like Blathers.
  • More villager dialog and interaction is always a plus.
  • A place to see past villagers visiting. I liked seeing past villagers on main street in New Leaf.
  • Campsite Villagers are now Hotel Villagers. A Hotel has 8 rooms for the 8 personalities. You must complete a room with items that are associated with the personality in order to attract a villager of that personality to visit. They can stay one week at a time. One or two can be in the Hotel at a time.
  • Cooking expanded along with farming.
  • I want to see what I see in the DLC, being able to decorate and open up public buildings. Like a Cafe. Perhaps we can hire Brewster in and attract new character who can also work there since we have cooking and farming going on in the game now.
  • I like collectables in the games. So I think adding a new "wing" to the museum is always a good idea. What about a Library? Finding and collecting old and classic novels to add to the Museum through a new NPC that is a rummage merchant that sells odd and end things that you may otherwise not find. Redd could also be in on the novels with his art selling as some books are considered an art like Shakespeare or poetry in general really.

What I want to see changed in NH

• Bulk buying and crafting
  • Building customization, like RS, Museum, Nook's, ect.
  • Gyroid spawn rate. High chance of appearing after rain. Get rid of the fragments on beaches and have fragments appear guaranteed on Kapp'n islands with a high probability of a full gyroid also being discovered. Water fragments for 3 days doesn't have to be in a row.
  • More Villager Dialog is always a plus.
  • Villagers asking for you to cook something for them. And then they eat it when you give it to them.

I agree. I'd love to see more businesses and buildings added. Just so our town/island can have a much larger business district. Like the coffee shop that's added to the museum. Maybe have a cafe/coffee bistro as a separate building?

omg yes, give celeste her own place! i might make a little area just for her on my island, i'm inspired now

I agree with more buildings for the next game. The interiors are so well designed in New Horizons that I want more of them. I think having a big city to visit would be great. It could be a a mix of NPC shops and buildings the player can design like in HHP.

In general, I really like how populated the HHP island is and would want them to expand on that. With our main town, we are limited to 10 villagers at a time, even though there are over 400 villagers in the game. It would be nice to go to a city or somewhere where there are other villagers just taking part in the world.

oooh, yes. More buildings. i kinda miss shrunk's comedy club.

what about the idea of somewhere to take trash? a little recycling center or something? maybe the more trash you bring in, it unlocks diys specific to the recycling center? or maybe you can trade trash for flower seeds?

Oh, a comedy club sounds fun! This is my first Animal Crossing, so I'm not familiar what was in previous installments. I'm a huge fan now though. Anything that lets me increase the # of buildings (shops or homes) plus more ways to make bells :)

I am going to say my final saying of what this game could've had and I would not repeat myself again. Again as much as I like this game and the 2.0 update really improved alot there are things I still think could've been added and improved:

1. Bulk Crafting
2. Shop Upgrades
3. Multiplayer Mini Games
4. Trading App on your Nookphone
5. An App that lets you call villagers to find out where they were
6. If you wanted to restart your island but still want a lot bells Tom Nook will help you (seriously this was a thing in New Leaf Welcome Amiibo)
7. Settings app that lets you change the music and sound effects of the game.
8. Expand the Room Size in your home (seriously I was so upset that HHP allowed us to use it but can't use it on our islands, New Leaf made this possible)
9. Get rid of the loading screens when going to someone's island.
10. Bring back the Post Office

Oh, a comedy club sounds fun! This is my first Animal Crossing, so I'm not familiar what was in previous installments. I'm a huge fan now though. Anything that lets me increase the # of buildings (shops or homes) plus more ways to make bells :)

new leaf had the comedy club where Shrunk, an axolotl npc, would tell jokes, and this was how you learned the reactions in new leaf! it was fun.

Some things I would love to see are

The option to use the extra playable characters as villager plots
Being able to place rugs outside
Bring able to use our nook phone to call villagers to see where they are
Being able to connect cliffs without having a river
Storing flowers trees and bushes
Being able to expand room sizes for you and villagers.

oh man yes. the ability to place rugs outside, i need it. and being able to call our villagers with our nook phones, since the megaphone from new leaf didn't show up in this game.

@azurill what do you mean by connecting cliffs without a river? i'm not sure i understand.

I think this game is pretty much done and even though I find myself wishing for this or that, I've accepted the game as is and don't really expect or want anything else. I do hope we still get small updates with a couple new items here and there for holidays and special occasions. Rainbow tights and screen for St Patrick's for example.

For future games....
• return to a town/forest setting with train and have the title of mayor
• more furniture sets than we currently have (all the New Leaf ones updated and some PC ones, too)
• a Valentine's type event where we exchange cards or candies with villagers
• a bigger focus on villagers -- villagers interacting with things we place*, villagers interacting more with each other and forming bonds, and more meaningful interactions with us. more varied personalities would be great, too
• more things to do with friends or reasons to visit others for fun, but at the same time not make it required for those that don't have online or just like to play alone

* One thing I really hope the next game includes are placeable recreational areas and attractions similar to amenities in Pocket Camp. A pool that villagers actually use... a carnival area where they can ride rides and play games or a park where they use swingsets or seesaws. Maybe we can even participate and play with our villagers. Maybe even include a feature where we can call on our villagers to do something, like organize a picnic or gather in a certain spot at a certain hour.

I don't expect a new game anytime soon, though. ☺️

oh man yes. the ability to place rugs outside, i need it. and being able to call our villagers with our nook phones, since the megaphone from new leaf didn't show up in this game.

@azurill what do you mean by connecting cliffs without a river? i'm not sure i understand.
I want to be able to walk under the bridges . You need rivers to use bridges. My second island has cliffs in the back of the island . This path leads to the secret beach it would be nice to connect the two cliffs with a bridge.
E5827A33-5BC7-40DD-869C-6FDB7E309D29.jpeg

i would really love for a suspension bridge between two cliffs for the main game. seems like a really doable thing for the developers. perhaps maybe the next big update? For HHP, i really do want a real loft that would be so cool considering HHP markets itself as an interior designing DLC seems like essential to add that.

I would really love to see the visitor in the campsite actually wandering the island and interacting instead of stuck in their tent

For me the huge things are:

• Bring back the ability to change the exterior of buildings such as the resident services.
  • Bring back missing furniture sets like the full gracie sets, etc.
  • Better villager dialogue. The biggest negative for me with ACNH is just how watered down the dialogue is, everything is so repetitive and boring.

Back