• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What would you do?

What would you do?

• Total voters

Hsn97

Inexperienced Person
Bells
Switch
3659-0452-2022
Isabelle
I?ve been landscaping my town recently and it?s been going really well. I?ve been having to move out most of my villagers because none of them are in places I want them. And that?s okey, because I?m not too sentimental about villagers to be honest. That being said, there is this one. Daisy. She?s the only original starter villager still in my town. I?ve had her for nearly 3 years and formed quite a close friendship with her. The problem is, her house is in a terrible location! Slap bang in the centre of a part of town I want to change. But if I move her out, I may loose her for good.

I?ve got two choice:

A. Completely redesign the town to fit around her oddly placed house.
B. Reluctantly move her out

If it was your town with a villager you loved, what would you do?

It's not even a question for me, I would design around her. Trust me, if you move her out, you will regret it. I did that with a villager who happened to be Daisy (I know, what a coincidence) and I actually sobbed with regret when I adopted her out to another player. The town was never the same after that and I ended up deleting the whole thing and starting over. Even if you move her out and move her in again with an amiibo, it won't be the same Daisy. Keep her and work around her house. Don't make the same mistake I did :)

I obsess over town planning and placement, so much that I've never stuck with the same town for more than like a month or so lol. The perfect map is more important to me than the perfect villagers, so I don't really understand people's bonds with villagers (yet. I'm getting there). If you tend to stress yourself out over town planning and this has been on your mind a lot, I would just move her out. But we could be completely different people in our play styles. If you do end up moving her out, I have her amiibo card and would be willing to lend a hand there. I just don't really know how they work because like I said, I never really stick around with the same towns for long. I wish you the most luck with whatever you decide to choose.

Last edited:
Get rid of her.

Why let one villager make you redo all your hard work.

Get her card.
Amiibo the thing out.. then plot reset her back in to a better spot.

Last edited:
I have an old style 3ds and don’t have the NFC card reader or any amiibo cards.

But today settled it. She asked to move and I couldn’t bring myself to click yes. So I guess that area of town is just going to have to be a bit funky and have some creative planning XD

I often find that when I have to work around some immovable object, that is actually when my designs are the best. Since it forces you to think of new solutions instead of simply doing whatever is obvious.

Last edited:
i was on the same boat as you once and i totally feel you! for my case it was henry the frog but i was starting to get bored of his plain design but because he was one of my starters i couldnt bear to move him out an d ruin our friendship jusr because i got tired of him. and you know whats funny? i didnt move him out at all not because i got sentimental about him but because i quit the game before i could even move his ass out LOL! im on my second game and the first game which henry was in is lost.

Back