• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What would you change about a villager?

HelloAnna

Bells
Winter Mittens
As title said, what would you change about a villager?
For me, I'd change so every villager didn't have human-like hair.
Example:
95px-Bluebear_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png
95px-Cheri_NewLeaf_Official.png

They'd just look so much cuter to me without the human-like hair feature ;-;
I mean human-like hair, like a wig lookalike or something, nothing like Marshal's hair/etc.

I would also change the name of some villagers -- In my mind, they just don't fit sometimes and prevent me from liking them as dreamie material xD

What about you?​

The only villagers I really like with the hair is Bluebear, Felicity, and some of the uchis with it. Otherwise it looks kinda weird.

As for what I'd change, I'd get rid of the "superhero" clothes of the villagers who have them. (Agent S, Kid Cat, etc). It looks weird to me, and makes me not like otherwise cute villagers.

I think Felicity's hair looks really strange. I'm not sure why, it just looks so off to me. It might be that middle front lock of hair that really throws me off. She looks cute in fanart, but in the actual game her hair is just so strange and almost ugly looking to me

this isn't exactlyyy what your question was, but sometimes it bugs me how villagers get shirts from other villagers sometimes. Like I once had 7/10 of my villagers wearing Ribbot's lightning tee all at the same time .__. and right now I have like 4 of them wearing the preppy shirt.
so yeah that bugs me :,D

Allow female villagers to wear dresses. I sent a few of mine the Spring Kimono as a gift and was a little sad when I learned they can't actually wear it.

The only villagers I really like with the hair is Bluebear, Felicity, and some of the uchis with it. Otherwise it looks kinda weird.

As for what I'd change, I'd get rid of the "superhero" clothes of the villagers who have them. (Agent S, Kid Cat, etc). It looks weird to me, and makes me not like otherwise cute villagers.

Agreed - I can deal with Bluebear's hair, but I think I'd prefer without it. Even though it'll look weird/take a while to adjust to xD I like Agent S and Kid Cat, but I never really liked Mira :c

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think Felicity's hair looks really strange. I'm not sure why, it just looks so off to me. It might be that middle front lock of hair that really throws me off. She looks cute in fanart, but in the actual game her hair is just so strange and almost ugly looking to me

this isn't exactlyyy what your question was, but sometimes it bugs me how villagers get shirts from other villagers sometimes. Like I once had 7/10 of my villagers wearing Ribbot's lightning tee all at the same time .__. and right now I have like 4 of them wearing the preppy shirt.
so yeah that bugs me :,D

Felicity's hair does throw me off too xD I mean I had her, and she was fine, but I wouldn't find her cute with her hair Dx It's fine to get a little off topic xD It just bugs me when my villagers have an ugly shirt on Dx

- - - Post Merge - - -

Allow female villagers to wear dresses. I sent a few of mine the Spring Kimono as a gift and was a little sad when I learned they can't actually wear it.

They can't?! ;-; I always thought they could... Dx

ugh yeah, i've tried really hard to like her, but i just can't get past her hair :'D it looks really generic to me

and omg yes i hate when they wear ugly shirts and you send them one and they use the one you sent for furniture... :'D

I would change some of the villagers opening do-de-do noise. Like Lucy has this icky piggy noise. otherwise I love her.

Aww, I think one of the charm points of some villagers is their human hair, like Lucy and Pekoe
images-16.jpg

Ohh if you mean like how their sounds are when they kinda sing the town tune when you talk to them? If that's what you mean I definitely agree with you

ugh yeah, i've tried really hard to like her, but i just can't get past her hair :'D it looks really generic to me

and omg yes i hate when they wear ugly shirts and you send them one and they use the one you sent for furniture... :'D

I also replaced all the designs in my able's to just a simple mint color xD The original patterns bother me when my villagers wear them ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would change some of the villagers opening do-de-do noise. Like Lucy has this icky piggy noise. otherwise I love her.

Aww, I think one of the charm points of some villagers is their human hair, like Lucy and Pekoe
View attachment 35376

Yeah, I understand some villagers have key-points with their human-hair ( kind of like Bluebear ) But I'd absolutely adore them without it ... xD Just me maybe xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ohh if you mean like how their sounds are when they kinda sing the town tune when you talk to them? If that's what you mean I definitely agree with you

+ Also agree, especially when it's deep trying to go high notes in a town tune;-;

i've pretty much replaced all my able designs with either umbrellas or hats because yeah it bugs me when villagers wear those default designs, and also im afraid it's gonna be like ribbot's lightning tee breakout again where every villager save like 1 or 2, except this time in the custom design in ables.

I wish there could be a solid for sure way to get them back to their original shirt if you wanted to

I'd change some of the villager personalities. There are a lot of villagers that I'd love but I don't like their personalities, or the personality just doesn't fit the appearance.

i've pretty much replaced all my able designs with either umbrellas or hats because yeah it bugs me when villagers wear those default designs, and also im afraid it's gonna be like ribbot's lightning tee breakout again where every villager save like 1 or 2, except this time in the custom design in ables.

I wish there could be a solid for sure way to get them back to their original shirt if you wanted to

If only Dx I hope the next game will fix all our worries ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would turn Marshal into a BARA PRINCE. Bugling muscles everywhere.

An amazing wish xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd change some of the villager personalities. There are a lot of villagers that I'd love but I don't like their personalities, or the personality just doesn't fit the appearance.

This + I wish there were more variety on Uchi villagers Dx

yeah almost all my villagers are wearing the same friggin thing from the shop right now I really need to switch those out...

The wolves eyes bug me when they are staring straight and not to the side. They're all wonky and cross-eyed lol.
I also wish there were more Uchi villagers.. a lot of them are pretty hideous too.

aw 8`D I adore Felicity`s bobcut. She reminds me of a friend haha, or like the girls on the covers of jp fashion mags.

As been formerly said, villager ability to wear dresses. And I really wish they talked to each other more when they collide, I loved busting in on convos in WW. I`d also change some villager personas too (I think this was said by someone else too but when I first saw Marshal on a friend`s acnl blog when I was like the only person without acnl fml I thought he was going to be a cranky shota squirrel and I was so excited. Then it was like ``smug`` and I was just why)

This is also a little trivial but a lot of umbrellas don`t match the villagers in ACNL. Is it possible to change that actually huh I`ve never tried

I think Bud should be lazy instead of jock. He looks laid back, and his beach themed house is relaxing.
And the helmet villagers, I wish their helmets were shiny instead of textured like their bodies.

I also love Felicity's bob! I invited her from my campsite just because I liked her cute hairstyle! I like that it's not just bangs. Like I have Fuchsia too and love her, but it's a little weird how she just has these blonde bangs and no other hair.

I guess I would change some of the villager personalities. Like I don't think "jock" fits with Genji. I wish there was a "normal" boy personality. I mean, lazy, jock, cranky, smug, these don't sound like guys I want to hang around with LOL. (Though I love them in the game :)
I also think Lolly or Marina might be cute as peppys maybe.

Speaking of those, they look alright as long as they keep their original clothes, but once they change.... I had Agent S in my town for a while and she wore one of my designs (a brown one), and those blue arms looked horrible.

I think some of the villagers have too much make-up -_- Mostly thinking of EVERYONE with lipstick (like Jambette or Elise) and the ones with so much eye make-up that it looks like they glued their eyelids together (like Claudia, the only tiger-villager I don't like and I adore the other tigers...)

I generally avoid having villagers with noticeable make-up, the great exception being Ed because he's too cool for your norms, society :cool:

Back