-Super Monkey Ball Bannanah Blitz
-Metal of Honor Vanguard
-Wii Sports

Snoopdogga said:
Propaganda Man said:
Snoopdogga said:
Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:
$50 isn't overpriced? Even from the best $50 games, you maybe get 30 hours of gameplay, max.

I can hang out with friends, maybe spend a couple bucks to go grab some food, and have a great time. If I've got nothing else to do, I can do a little homework - that's free to do, and when all is said and done, I'm getting free money from scholarships because of me doing my homework, pretty much. And, unlike some people think nowadays, you don't need to be doing something every second of every day - so maybe I can spend time with the family or just relax.

Option 2 ends up gaining me money (or at least spending a lot less) and spending those 30 hrs. a helluva lot better. Video games are overpriced, because they are not a necessity, and as of late, have been really disappointing compared to my SNES and N64 games.

I spend 5x as much time playing old games instead of Wii games.
You're forgetting something, my friend... N64 games NEVER cost $50. They were HIGHER. $60, $70... Hell, I even have a REALLY old EGM with advertisements for N64 games. Paper Mario was $70, some WWF game was $60... You just never paid for those games before, you asked your parents for them, just like any kid would do.

Now that you - and I - are paying for these games ourselves, we feel the damage to our pocketbook.

I'll agree with you, though -- games ARE overpriced, any way you look at it. That's why I buy DS and Virtual Console games more nowadays... cheaper.

;)

Edit - My bro was reading a FFVI review in Nintendo Power, and noticed that the reviewer mentioned that the original game "cost $70". Yup, SNES games were expensive, too.
Pokemon Stadium was $100.00 in Canada.
1. The Canadian dollar is weaker than America's.
2. Games are probably on a different system in Canada. a Ds game in Australia is $70-$100.
The Canadian dollar is now stronger than the American dollar.
Actually, it was $79.99
A DS game here is anywhere from 20 to 50 dollars. Most are 39.99.

DarthGohan1 said:
OddCrazyMe said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Pokemon Stadium was a great game.

:D
So that's way overpriced in your dictionary?
I didn't pay for it.

:p
POINT PROVEN!

When you didn't pay for games, you didn't realize they were expensive. Now that you're paying for them, you're feeling the damage.

Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:
OddCrazyMe said:
DarthGohan1 said:

I didn't pay for it.

POINT PROVEN!

When you didn't pay for games, you didn't realize they were expensive. Now that you're paying for them, you're feeling the damage.
That's hitting his weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Sorry.

Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:
OddCrazyMe said:
DarthGohan1 said:

I didn't pay for it.

POINT PROVEN!

And finally realize how overpriced they are.

Will I buy my kid a GBC and a Pokemon game? Hell yeah. Will I be buying him or her a new system the day it comes out and new games every month or so? Nope.

Snoopdogga said:
Shadow_] [quote="Snoopdogga said:
Propaganda Man said:
Snoopdogga said:
Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:
$50 isn't overpriced? Even from the best $50 games, you maybe get 30 hours of gameplay, max.

I can hang out with friends, maybe spend a couple bucks to go grab some food, and have a great time. If I've got nothing else to do, I can do a little homework - that's free to do, and when all is said and done, I'm getting free money from scholarships because of me doing my homework, pretty much. And, unlike some people think nowadays, you don't need to be doing something every second of every day - so maybe I can spend time with the family or just relax.

Option 2 ends up gaining me money (or at least spending a lot less) and spending those 30 hrs. a helluva lot better. Video games are overpriced, because they are not a necessity, and as of late, have been really disappointing compared to my SNES and N64 games.

I spend 5x as much time playing old games instead of Wii games.
You're forgetting something, my friend... N64 games NEVER cost $50. They were HIGHER. $60, $70... Hell, I even have a REALLY old EGM with advertisements for N64 games. Paper Mario was $70, some WWF game was $60... You just never paid for those games before, you asked your parents for them, just like any kid would do.

Now that you - and I - are paying for these games ourselves, we feel the damage to our pocketbook.

I'll agree with you, though -- games ARE overpriced, any way you look at it. That's why I buy DS and Virtual Console games more nowadays... cheaper.

;)

Edit - My bro was reading a FFVI review in Nintendo Power, and noticed that the reviewer mentioned that the original game "cost $70". Yup, SNES games were expensive, too.
Pokemon Stadium was $100.00 in Canada.
1. The Canadian dollar is weaker than America's.
2. Games are probably on a different system in Canada. a Ds game in Australia is $70-$100.
The Canadian dollar is now stronger than the American dollar.
Actually, it was $79.99
A DS game here is anywhere from 20 to 50 dollars. Most are 39.99.
$50.00!!

:eek:
The most expensive games I've seen are Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and they are only $44.99!
By the way, the prices will be lowered soon! :lol: [/quote]
I included tax with the 20-50 dollar figures =P

DarthGohan1 said:
Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:
OddCrazyMe said:
DarthGohan1 said:

I didn't pay for it.

POINT PROVEN!

And finally realize how overpriced they are.

Will I buy my kid a GBC and a Pokemon game? Hell yeah. Will I be buying him or her a new system the day it comes out and new games every month or so? Nope.
I would find it cruel for my dad to buy me a Colecovision.

Wii Sports
Guitar Hero 3
Metroid Prime 3
Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Some junk bowling game my dad bought

Back