• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the hardest bug for you to catch?

The mole cricket was the bane of my existence for the longest time. I have nothing but contempt for them.

The tarantula and scorpion are always the hardest for me. I am not looking forward to catching them next summer for my newest town lol

At the beginning, it was the Golden stag. When I played New Leaf for the first time, I didn't
knew that your character is able to sneak, so of course I was wondering how I can catch
that one bug that always fly away that fast whenever you're near the tree. Even if I know
now how to catch the Golden stag, I still have some troubles, as I sometimes forget to
sneak.

The tarantula and scorpion are also these two that are hard to catch, at least I was only
able to catch each of them two times in all the time I'm playing the game. Most of the time,
I had no looking finding either the tarantula or scorpion or even both, which is very frustrating
after a while.

Tarantula/scorpion, catching them isn't really hard but finding them to me is. Also the diving beetle is really annoying

I still haven't caught the mole cricket in any of my towns ( ?•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥` )

Scorpion and Sub-Zero tarantula obviously. I saw that spider twice in two years, never saw scorpion, and I don't have patience to crawl through lawns of my town to spot them.

The tarantula , still haven?t caught it yet.
I wish we could trade bugs, would make my life so much easier.
I actually want a tarantula for one of my rooms.

Freaking orchid mantis. The darn thing is the same color as the flowers!!!

Tarantula and Scarab Beetle

Personaly I would say tarantula, I used a lot of time trying to catch it. Allthough I also had problems whit the scarab beetle, it just did not want to spawn and the fruit beetles looks like them at the morning becouse of the ingame lighting their green collor looks like gold. (It was actually kind of like trying to catch a shiny pokemon in well pokemon.)

:p:p:p

Scorpion and Tarantula. I had to cut all my trees down just to find them. It made it somewhat easier. Also, I used to have a hard time catching the bee as well, but eventually figured out a trick to get them.

scorpion and tarantula!!!!! HARDEST EVER!!! ii was on a complete mission to catch those little meanies!!! ii finally caught them both bht ii literally was going to cut down ALL my trees just so no beetles or anything would pop up during August lol.. as ii was picking the fruits off, the tarantula spawned and BAM!!! my encyclopedia was COMPLETE!! :)

Back