• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What species can you not stand?

octopus in particular. i know they’re popular. i just don’t know why.
Post automatically merged:

i dont understand the desire to give them joeys and not have them interactable, mention them or anything. stinks highly of some weird heteronormative design, tbh !!

u wot

Last edited:
gorrilas have a cute one or two and i think design-wise, even if they arnt cute they make sense for what they were going for!! HOWEVER. LIONS? Its just the color schemes they all come in for me. i really want a lion villager but i cannot like a single one of them and so i say just throw the whole lot away. ( leoapald is the closest i can get... but his green ..........)

Reactions: Mu~
Dogs. I have a phobia of them IRL, and I just cannot stand them in-game, so I never invite any of them to my island.

Isabelle is forced on the player, so I just have to deal with having her on my island, but if I had a choice I would have had someone else have her job.

I am a more of a cat/lizard/birb/fish person than a dog person.

Reactions: Mu~
I don't like any of the gorillas, kangaroos, or mice. None of their designs are good. Unfortunately, Al decided my island was a good place to live and he won't leave

I don't think there are any species I can't stand as a whole. Some I find less appealing than others, but I think I'd give any of them a chance at least. I'm not a huge fan of gorilla villagers, but I can name at least three that I honestly wouldn't mind having.

I wouldn't say that I hate them by any means, but I feel like mice don't live up to their potential. I mean, I feel like with a few tweaks, the species in general could be made cuter.

There are a lot of unattractive animal groups but most of them have at least one passable villager- like I don’t like gorillas but Hans is ok. But for me, the the worst is probably a tie between mice and kangaroos. The mice are just sooo ew to me. Those tails 😭 And the female kangaroos are just creepy. Why do they have a baby? Why does the baby look like an exact copy of them? Why do they never acknowledge its existence??? So many questions...

Seconded on mice, but I am also thoroughly creeped out by the kangaroos. For me it’s the fact that their babies copy all of the facial expressions and reactions, it’s so freaky.

Hippos and monkeys. Although, I wouldn't really say that I can't stand them. It's more like I just don't really like any of the existing hippos or monkeys very much.

I actually enjoy some of the animals being bigger cause I think its fun having animals of all sizes running around! Tho I do think for some reason the bigger ones tend to be more poorly designed for some reason? Maybe its the proportions? Anyway the lions coulda been way cuter but the way their heads are shaped along w the mane just looks ugly : / just make their heads rounder and mane more soft rather than spiky

I also dont like the kangaroos but idk how youd fix that

gorillas. i swear, not one of them is even remotely cute. it's almost like they're all intentionally hideous.

also hippos (same thing, all ridiculously ugly). i don't entirely hate the mice, i don't think their overall model is too bad, but i just feel none of them are very interesting. ive had a ton of villagers over the years and not one mouse has ever held my attention.

also agree with everyone here about the kangaroos - the way the joeys are basically just an extra head for the females is super unnerving. at the very least i wish female kangaroos had special dialogue referencing their babies, because otherwise it's just so immersion breaking.

it's such a shame that a majority agree that lions, hippos, gorillas, and mice have horrible character designs LOL

I wished they were redesigned better (doesn't have to be cute! It could be redesigned to look cooler lol) - I would love to have a wider range of species that I liked other than the usual bunny, cat, dog, squirrel, etc.

No matter what though, I'm glad that at least one person loves each character dearly!

I think gorillas and hippos. The only gorilla I somewhat tolerate is Louie. The only hippo I somewhat tolerate is Bertha. Also encountering lions on a rainy day on a mystery island sometimes freaks me out because all I sometimes see is the back of their gigantic head.

Back