• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can i turn luna off now?

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
I really don't like how laying in bed always brings up that question of about seeing Luna or not. I'd like to turn off the function entirely. Didn't they discontinue visiting dream islands or something? Luna honestly creeps me out like it's weird. Imo they really should've made a better choice for the character in the dream thing.. I don't even know what kindve animal Luna is besides maybe an ant eater? It's really creepy that like something with a trunk is standing next to the bed while you're sleeping and like being weird and it triggers my ptsd. Honestly they shouldn't have used a weird character with a trunk that looks like they're also wearing some kindve masseuse outfit.. for kids.. but they shouldn't have used a character at all it would've been much better if they just asked the question through text with no character at all and wayyyy less creepy. It literally just weirded my four yesr old out also hes like "mom, how do i get out of bed" and this weirdo is just like standing next to him talking and making weird emotions like what a nightmare.. I'm like do u think this is weird? He's like yeah. We can agree we like the clouds all going around but the character just needs to leave me alone!!!!! I'm trying to sleep !!!

Luna is based on a tapir, which is similar to the baku of Japanese mythology, a creature which is said to eat people's nightmares and ward off bad dreams. Tapir, and the baku's reputation for eating dreams, are also the inspiration for other creatures in media like Drowzee, Hypno, Munna and Musharna from the Pokémon series, the Baku in Yo-Kai Watch, and others. Considering the inspiration, I find her kind of neat and I love the dream world with the pink clouds that the player gets transported to before visiting someone's Dream Address.

Visiting people's islands through the Dream Suite hasn't been discontinued in New Horizons; you're likely thinking of the upcoming loss of the Dream Suite and its associated Dream Addresses in New Leaf due to the closure of the 3DS (and Wii U) online servers in April.

There's no option to permanently turn off the prompt; if you and your son don't want to interact with the Dream Suite feature, just choose the "I'll just lie down." option when the game asks.

Is it inconvenient? Sure, a little, but it's just one dialogue box and it could be worse; it's beats having to sit through Orville's dialogue at the airport whenever you want to fly somewhere. You can also avoid the situation entirely by just not lying down in any beds inside homes.

I mean, there is an option not to go inside the dream suite! It's the second option when it asks you "Do you want some sleep?"
Also, Luna is a Tapir! like the Pokemon Drowzee, Hypno, Munna, and Musharna, they're based off of the Japanese yokai "Baku"(dream or nightmare eater) which resembles a tapir!

Its not mandatory you see Luna. Just choose the second option, and there are no follow up questions. You could play the game every day and never see her even once. Personally, I think she a pretty interesting character, but to each their own.

Back