• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Scared you as a kid?

Dogs
Bats
The exorcist. ( I watched it when I was about 5 years old.)
I was often afraid that my mom would leave me home alone. ( She was a great mom and never once left me) I'm not sure why I had that fear.

i was terrified of vacuum cleaners and ceiling fans. i hate loud noises and spinning blades scared me.

Cerberus, the three headed Greek mythology demon dog, coming through my ceiling through a dark portal and eating me. I had a dream about this. And I thought it was real for the longest time.

And I told my mom when dad "tickled" her at night, she should scream and Cerberus would come and eat her.

Not sure why being eaten was a better alternative than being tickled but it's what I said.

Large houses (and they still do). Not necessarily mansions, but large houses you live in, in general.

Especially if they have several floors.

Large houses (and they still do). Not necessarily mansions, but large houses you live in, in general.

Especially if they have several floors.

I get this, I remember when my mom's boyfriend's sister was watching this giant Lux house and she let us all come over, and it was so huge and bright and honestly beautiful but it gave me the creeps. Because my brain goes "ok big house, it's gotta be haunted right?" I refused to go up the stairs because I was terrified that something would have pushed me off. But then I got even more scared being left down stairs all by myself. >.<

also there's a fence in my backyard, and it has these pointy edges on the top of it. I had nightmares that I would crash my bike into it and gouge my eyes out. needless to say my bike rusted because I didn't ride it for a long time.

You need the Star Rod.

I was terribly afraid of waking from my sleep and being unable to breathe (saw a House episode about that) and that someone would drag my body to my house pool, undress me and throw me there while i wouldn't wake up. Yuppidy.

I only remember being REALLY scared of three things: The giant lobster creatures from Neverending Story, E.T, and the Dark Crystal (to this day I still cringe when I think about that horrifying movie) My grandma had to pick movies that would scar me for life.

I also was afraid of lightning and dogs when I was a real small child, but I got over those pretty fast.

I was scared of toys that moved xD

I remember I got an Elmo toy of Ernie that moved around and I was terrified of it as a child xD. I loved Elmo as a kid, but I was scared of the toys lol

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

I haven't watched that movie since I was very little and don't plan to. Probably didn't help that my brother and even my parents would make fun of me and sing the Oompa Loompa song. It was only funny to them until I started crying, then they'd tell my brother to stop.

Sometimes mum still makes fun of me about it, I don't cry these days but it is really annoying being reminded of it. D:

Speaking of that, that once scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) with the singing puppets suddenly lighting on fire, along with a close up of their faces melting and their voices dying out traumatized me as a kid. Later that day at home I heard my mom or aunt's phone go off and I just started yelling "FIRE!!!" and started crying because of the memory of the flames melting those puppets faces and the sudden ringtone from the phone combined. I was only four years old. Still scares me a bit to this day.

Last edited:
I watched Tremors when I was about three or four and it scared the hell out of me. I still don't know why. Maybe it was Kevin Bacon's face.

nothing scared me as a kid, omg i was so strong back then
but now im afraid of ghosts and the dentist... +_+

Lots of silly things, but most of all, it was dolls.

I was a very girly girl who owned lots of toys like stuffed animals and, of course, dolls. For whatever reason, I started to get really bizarre, surreal nightmares about them that scared the crap out of me. Even if they weren't particularly scary, they were just weirdly unsettling. I still played with them though; the dreams were on and off when it came to regularity, so it wasn't a huge deal.

I blame Chucky.

You got...

You...

I...

STAR ROD!?

Ok for some weird reason, my mom decided to show me the movie: Pan's Labyrinth when I was too young to even read. The movie is in Spanish with only a subbed version available. My mom literally had to read me the subtitles because I was too young to read. There were a lot of gory scenes in the movie, but the worst for me as a kid was this one scene where there was a skinny monster with no eyes sitting at a huge table filled with food. In front of the monster is a plate with eyeballs on it. So the main character decides to eat a freaking grape. Bad idea. The monster grabs the eyeballs with his long fingernails, and places them in the palms of his hands. He then opens his hands in front of his face so he can see the main character. This gave me several sleepless nights for weeks lol. image.jpg

Back