• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Religion Are You?

What Religion Are You?

• Muslim

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Christian

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Jewish

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 38 55.9%

• Total voters
I'm not sure it was supposed to be. It was just supposed to be a way of reaching enlightenment. Buddha himself said to question everything and not follow a set of teachings blindly.

Buddha essentially just told people "hey this is how I think you can get the most out of your life, try and it and if you don't like it you can go back to other stuff."

A religion is essentially believing in some kind of deity. Most people who have no knowledge of Buddhism often mistake Buddha as some kind of god.

Non-religious/agnostic, maybe? I don't really have any strict beliefs at this point, but I guess I'm spiritual but just not in a sense connected to a religion.

over the past couple years i've realized that i'm agnostic
but i had a semi-jewish semi-buddhist upbringing

I'm not too sure what I'd call myself in terms of religion... since it's hard to believe in gods/goddesses without actual proof. And no god has actually touched or affected me or my life, so it makes it even harder to have faith in any. But I wish I had someone or something I could have faith in, besides myself, so I'm a mix of Buddhism/Paganism, with the hope of eventually figuring out what path I should choose and follow.

I see myself as apathiest, which is someone who doesn't care whether a god exists or not because it doesn't affect my life one way or another.

I'm an atheist with agnostic tendencies. I was raised by a mother who was a lapsed Catholic and she refused to take us to church weekly although she didn't oppose us "believing" per se. I knew from a very young age that God and religion were two very different ideas and had quickly worked out that a religious organisation run by human beings was as fallible as any other organisation.. Basically, as child I figured that if there was a god then either a) they were as good as the religious people claimed and wouldn't care about church attendance/denominations/what foods you did or didn't eat et al, or b) they were not the god talked about and they may or may not care about any of the rules/guidelines/customs of people trying to earn god's favour.. In hindsight there were a couple more options than I recognised at the time, but I had the gist of it right in my opinion. I concluded it would be foolish of me to try and win god's grace by ignoring my own conscience/thoughts/feelings/wishes in order to defer to any organised religion. I have a brain and I was taught to use it. If there's a god, my choices will either be acceptable to them - or they won't. In any event, my conscience is clear.

:)

Spiritual very and believe many things from different "religions" but not into organized religion. So other.

Back