What Languages Can You Speak?

I'm fluent English and German as I grew up speaking both languages. I also know a fair amount of French and Spanish. I love learning all kinds of different languages.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm fluent English and German as I grew up speaking both languages. I also know a fair amount of French and Spanish. I love learning all kinds of different languages.

I'm fluent in a lot of languages! I'll list some,
American
British
Irish
Scottish
Northern-British
Southern-British
Scouse
Australian
New-Zealand
South African
Canadian

Last edited:
I'm fluent in a lot of languages! I'll list some,
American
British
Irish
Scottish
Northern-British
Southern-British
Scouse
Australian
New-Zealand
South African
Canadian

No offense, but a lot of those are really easy to learn if you understand English. Some of them just have variation. Just saying.

Last edited:
I speak English and I'm fluent in American Sign Language. I took 2 years of Japanese, but I can't really count that because I can only say little things like milk, egg, and bicycle; I left before they taught me how to carry out a conversation lol.

I speak English and I'm fluent in American Sign Language. I took 2 years of Japanese, but I can't really count that because I can only say little things like milk, egg, and bicycle; I left before they taught me how to carry out a conversation lol.

Can you say,

I like to milk the bicycle egg? lol

i speak english, and i know a lot of latin from school. (latin is really useful :3)
my dad is making me learn spanish soon, though. :\

English is my native language, I learned Spanish in the 8th grade and am taking Spanish ll in the fall during my Freshman year. I am just DYING to learn Italian. They don't offer it at my school and it pisses me off lol. It's such a beautiful language, and culture, and has some of the most beautiful cities in the world. ♥

English is my native language. I can speak a bit of Spanish and I can barely put together sentences in Japanese.

Spanish is my first Language but I have been learning English all my life so I think I'm fluid with it ^^. I lived in France up until I was 4, but when we moved out I haven't used it since and forgot everything I knew about it.

I studied Japanese formally for a while, and I think I want to return to those classes.

I can only fluently speak English but I'm learning German and Japanese! I would really love to be able to become fluent in Japanese but I know it takes a lot of hard work and time, however it would just be a great life achievement for me I guess? :3

English and Japanese, but I've had the opportunity to sing in a lot of different languages (Hebrew is probably my favorite).

I really want to learn Korean and Vietnamese. Korean is a really pretty language, and my husband's family is Vietnamese, so we'd like to be able to at least pass some of the language down to our children (we've talked about taking classes before).

Oh! And I used to know some Italian when I was younger from what I heard from my nono, but it was mostly stuff a 5-year old shouldn't be repeating xD

Last edited:
French is my native language. I speak English almost fluent. I know a bit of Spanish. I'm learning Japanese and Korean by myself, but I'll get Japanese courses at university.

English and Japanese, but I've had the opportunity to sing in a lot of different languages (Hebrew is probably my favorite).

Ah, I forgot about singing. I've sung in both Latin and Scottish Gaelic in the past. Although I can't remember any of the Latin, and the only Gaelic words I can recall are the ones I see daily (I live in an area where all of the sign posts are written in both English and Scottish Gaelic). :)

I took 3 levels of German and went on a 2 week trip to central Europe. I can barely speak a sentence with the right words and grammar.
Needless to say, my German class was based off of memorizing, which I'm good at. You memorize for a test, you pass, you memorize for the next test, forget what you memorized the week before.

Back