• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Languages Can You Speak?

English and Spanish 8) I can read/understand some Portuguese since it's so similar to Spanish too. I also used to sing in Italian when I was in chorus and singing classes but I don't know that much.

German, English and moderate Chinese. I can't write or read it though.

Indonesian (my native), English, and currently studying Japanese by playing video games.

I am most fluenr in English, but I can also speak Filipino. But I'm so used to English that I sound weird when I speak Filipino... :(

English is my first language and I'm pretty decent at Irish and French. I'm trying to improve my Irish a bit and then I'm planning on learning Italian

English is my first language and I'm pretty decent at Irish and French. I'm trying to improve my Irish a bit and then I'm planning on learning Italian

y would u learn dead language irish
NFukyCG.gif

English, German, and a smattering of Russian.

I would like to learn plenty more. You can express yourself in so many ways.

I did Spanish to A Level and got an A* along with having a tutor for about 10 years and having all my lessons at school taught in Spanish so I'm decent. I always buy the Spanish versions of books and listen to Spanish news/movies too. I also did 90% of my singing grades in Spanish. But like. I hate saying that I'm fluent because I'm kinda scared someone's gonna challenge me to a Spanish off and I'm gonna suck and I'll cry and everyone will hate me. So I'll give my Spanish an okay/10.

From a Portuguese family so I'm one of those kids who can understand and speak European Portuguese, but spells things phonetically. I was gonna study Mandarin this year but my family wants me to master their native tongue so. I think I'll probably dedicate myself to that. I'm quite ill atm so I've had to take a year off from uni, with the intention of learning more languages (because I am cra$y about languages) and luckily my family are generous enough to get me private tutors, media resources, books and the like. Wouldn't say I'm fluent I'm pretty meh. When my extended family hear me speak it they say I speak it with a Spanish accent (????) but I suppose it's because I'm so used to Spanish pronunciations that when I learn new words in Portuguese, I pronounce them in a Spanish way (if that's possible??).

Also studying German and British Sign Language in this year so I hope to become pretty good by the end of it. My intentions are always to become fluent and I kinda love dedicating myself entirely to my non-native language. I fully intend to spend these next 12 months using English very sparingly.

So hopefully at the end of this year I can say I'm pretty k at English, Spanish, Portuguese and pretty meh at German and BSL. I gave up on my intentions to try and learn Mandarin because goddamn it just didn't come easy to me. I know I give up easily. But I'd rather learn a language which I can retain within 30 seconds of reading a new word. That is my one talent. Every single new word in learn in Portuguese and Spanish, I will never ever forget it. Even if I just see it once.

I did German, French and Latin up to GCSE level too but that's not really saying much. I am literally so bad at French it's embarrassing.

I speak English fluently. But I also know some Japanese and French. Not enough to have full on conversations. Just basic words and phrases.

English is the only language I fluently speak, I was required to take several Spanish courses, and did; however, I forgot a majority of the information, I did make good grades in those classes though. I spent some time trying to learn Hebrew, beginning with the Hebrew alphabet, but I ended up never continuing on with it. I still remember a few words and letters though, but not many.

i only speak english but im learning spanish at school (and the duolingo app) and japanese in my own time. the most i can say in japanese is わたしのなまえはミランダです and even then i'm pretty sure it's wrong. haven't looked at japanese in a while.

English & Spanish. I don't think I can learn anything else quite as useful as the two for where I live. But someday I'd like to learn either Japanese or Armenian. The 2nd one would be mildly useful here but still not needed by far.

So I can speak English, German, French, Spanish, Polish and Latin :D English and German fluently, French and Spanish normal and a bit Polish and Latin xD
I learnt Frensh, Latin and Spanish in school and polish by my grandma :D

Back