• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favourite Nintendo DS game ( on any DS console)

1) animal crossing: wild world

573EA8BE-9A7B-415B-8648-86568028B12C.png

i played dozens of different ds games when i was younger and enjoyed almost all of them, but wild world will forever be my #1 favourite for so many reasons. i received it along with a grey dsi and a couple other games on christmas in 2007-2008 and it was not only my introduction to the ac series, it was also the first video game i ever played! i have so many fond memories of my years playing it (meeting a villager for the first time, thinking resetti was my friend at first and then crying to my mom when he yelled at me LOL, restarting my town over and over so i could meet new villagers and try out a different town name etc) and i love it sm!! even just thinking about it fills me with so much happiness and nostalgia. its ost is also my favourite from the entire series! every single hourly track was a bop fr. <3

2) mysims kingdom

1FEB1433-249A-47CF-BEB2-A8ADD5C8E038.jpeg

i never played the original mysims (though i bet i would’ve loved it), but i adored mysims kingdom! it literally took me years to finish the game as i couldn’t figure out how to beat one of the mini-games, but i was def crying happy tears when i finally got it! finding out who ruined the kingdom was a highlight of my childhood, though i was disappointed the kingdom wasn’t restored to its former glory afterwards and i still had to decorate LOL. my absolute favourite part of the game was setting out various items in different parts of the kingdom to attract and take photos of different animals so that tim (one of the characters) could locate them and bring them back to his zoo. it was a bittersweet moment for me when i helped him locate the last one haha.

3) style savvy

0A0D16CD-B9BB-43CB-91FB-AED2F4B140F8.png

i got style savvy as a birthday present one year (my mom let me pick it out) since i was really into fashion games back then, and i absolutely loved it. i loved getting to help and meet all of the different customers, running and designing my own store (i would change the name and interior constantly... even back then i couldn’t decide on an aesthetic 🤣), participating in fashion shows, changing up my character’s outfit, hairstyle and makeup constantly etc. my former boss(?) having a crush on my character always had me like 👀, but lowkey i’m hoping that’ll be explored in a future game or something lol. i’m not as into fashion games as i was then, but the style savvy franchise is still one of my faves!

honourable mentions
mysims party
princess debut
pony friends 2
harvest moon: island of happiness
princess in love
best friends tonight

don’t judge me for these... i was young LOL.

Last edited:
My favorite is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I love the PMD series more than the main Pokemon games and this is my favorite one out of all of them.

I do not know what order I would put the others in, so here are some listed at random.
Kirby Super Super Star Ultra (I loved all the Kirby DS games but this one was my favorite out of them)
Drawn to Life: The Second Chapter (I played both games and I'm choosing this one)
Pokemon SoulSilver (Sinnoh is actually my favorite region but I'm choosing this one anyway)
The Legendary Starfy
Club Penguin: Herbert's Revenge (I played both CP DS games and I'm choosing this one)
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (I played all 3 and I'm choosing this one)

This does not include my 3DS games.

1) animal crossing: wild world

View attachment 460265

i played dozens of different ds games when i was younger and enjoyed almost all of them, but wild world will forever be my #1 favourite for so many reasons. i received it along with a grey dsi and a couple other games on christmas in 2007-2008 and it was not only my introduction to the ac series, it was also the first video game i ever played! i have so many fond memories of my years playing it (meeting a villager for the first time, thinking resetti was my friend at first and then crying to my mom when he yelled at me LOL, restarting my town over and over so i could meet new villagers and try out a different town name etc) and i love it sm!! even just thinking about it fills me with so much happiness and nostalgia. its ost is also my favourite from the entire series! every single hourly track was a bop fr. <3

2) mysims kingdom

View attachment 460264

i never played the original mysims (though i bet i would’ve loved it), but i adored mysims kingdom! it literally took me years to finish the game as i couldn’t figure out how to beat one of the mini-games, but i was def crying happy tears when i finally got it! finding out who ruined the kingdom was a highlight of my childhood, though i was disappointed the kingdom wasn’t restored to its former glory afterwards and i still had to decorate LOL. my absolute favourite part of the game was setting out various items in different parts of the kingdom to attract and take photos of different animals so that tim (one of the characters) could locate them and bring them back to his zoo. it was a bittersweet moment for me when i helped him locate the last one haha.

3) style savvy

View attachment 460278

i got style savvy as a birthday present one year (my mom let me pick it out) since i was really into fashion games back then, and i absolutely loved it. i loved getting to help and meet all of the different customers, running and designing my own store (i would change the name and interior constantly... even back then i couldn’t decide on an aesthetic 🤣), participating in fashion shows, changing up my character’s outfit, hairstyle and makeup constantly etc. my former boss(?) having a crush on my character always had me like 👀, but lowkey i’m hoping that’ll be explored in a future game or something lol. i’m not as into fashion games as i was then, but the style savvy franchise is still one of my faves!

honourable mentions
mysims party
princess debut
pony friends 2
harvest moon: island of happiness
princess in love
best friends tonight

don’t judge me for these... i was young LOL.
OMG sims kingdom??? I have never seen this game it would of been amazing !!!!!
Post automatically merged:

My favorite is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I love the PMD series more than the main Pokemon games and this is my favorite one out of all of them.

I do not know what order I would put the others in, so here are some listed at random.
Kirby Super Super Star Ultra (I loved all the Kirby DS games but this one was my favorite out of them)
Drawn to Life: The Second Chapter (I played both games and I'm choosing this one)
Pokemon SoulSilver (Sinnoh is actually my favorite region but I'm choosing this one anyway)
The Legendary Starfy
Club Penguin: Herbert's Revenge (I played both CP DS games and I'm choosing this one)
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (I played all 3 and I'm choosing this one)

This does not include my 3DS games.
Yes !!! club penguin I remember you got some codes with the game to redeem on the website to unlock items?

Great topic for a thread. The DS was a fantastic system, and it's pretty difficult to narrow down my favorites to just three. I could probably come up with a dozen or more honorable mentions for this top 3 list. :)

Anyways, if I had to pick only 3 top DS games, they'd be:

1. Animal Crossing Wild World
One of my favorite Gamecube games got its first sequel. New characters and events, the ability to play Animal Crossing online with friends for the first time, some nice quality of life improvements... it was an amazing game. Wild World was probably the most hyped release of any DS game for me, and it exceeded any expectations I had.

f0abfcffbb.jpg

2. Chrono Trigger
One of my all-time favorite RPGs. Excellent RPG gameplay, great artwork, really strong story, essentially nothing you can criticize about this game. I still enjoy going back and playing it every now and then. If you're into RPGs even in the least bit, I highly recommend Chrono Trigger.

6-Chrono_Trigger_DS_NA_cover.jpg

3. Kirby Canvas Curse
For some reason this game is one of a few that really defines the uniqueness of the DS for me. The touch controls worked so well for the game, drawing the rainbow path for Kirby to roll along, or tapping Kirby to get him to react. It didn't feel forced at all. It was a really solid, enjoyable platformer, pretty easy to pick up and play a few levels whenever you had a few minutes.

s-l400.jpg

My favorite DS game has to be Puyo POP Fever. I was introduced to it via emulation, and I LOVED it. Sure, the end of the WakuWaku and pretty much all of the HaraHara (normal and hard modes) courses were hard, but I beat them somehow. Also, Popoi's theme is AMAZING. That theme should not belong in a puzzle game. Although, considering the stuff the series has that also doesn't fit (a character named Satan that is in love with a 16 year old girl (Arle), who is Satan's dead wife reincarnate, a character that speaks in innuendos in Puyo Puyo Tetris (Schezo), and much more), his theme seems to fit.
(I just realized I went into lore territory without realizing it, sorry! :p)
Btw, here is his theme from the gcn version, featuring the DS version boxart!

The DS era was my favourite in all of gaming! I truly miss the touchscreen these days.

Animal Crossing Wild World
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Harvest Moon DS
Kirby Squeak Squad
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team
Pokemon Pearl
Sonic Rush Adventure

Metroid Prime Hunter. That game's online multiplayer had no right being as good as it was. In lobbies before starting the match, you could literally voice chat with your friends. It's very rare to find voice communication in Nintendo video games. The multiplayer experience was really good, and all players had a profile that tracked your wins/kills/deaths and all. The developers did good for that time period and hardware.

Animal Crossing Wild World was my most favorite game. It was my introduction to Animal Crossing, and it was a blast discovering the mechanics and things for the first time. I spend hours day and night on this game.

Diddy Kong Racing. It's a Mario Kart clone, but with it's own formula. This wasn't an a great game, I do fondly remember playing it a lot.

I played my DS a lot when I was younger but as I got older I just started playing them on my 3DS instead of getting my DS out! Some of my favorites are in this order!

1. Super Princess Peach
I LOVED THIS GAME SO MUCH AND THIS WAS MY FAVORITE GAME FOR SO LONG. I still remember getting it off Amazon for doing good at school. I think its so fun and I have never really enjoyed mario platforming games but really enjoyed how engaging and easier peach was.
1675268288310.png

2. Mario Party DS
I also played this game alot! It was soo fun to me! The minigames are by far some of my favorite Mario Party ones and I enjoyed the lil extra's, collectibles, and story mode! My favorite Mario Party is Star Rush but DS will always have a special place in my collection!
1675268359491.png

3. Mario Kart DS
Really fun Mario Kart game that I played a ton when I was younger! 8 is much better and my favorite, especially with the Wii Wheel but I loved DS and PLAYING AS THE QUEEN DAISY!
1675268544778.png

4. Hello Kitty Party
This is one of the only DS games I did NOT play when I was a little child. I actually only recently played this in the past few years and Loved it. Its really short and pretty much just a cutesy Hello Kitty minigames collection and REALLY easy but I still love it and its really cute and fun! KEROPPI IS HEREEEEEE
1675268527370.png

There were so many good DS games I played! There are even more I never played like all the Yoshi games and Style Savvy original! I hope oneday to play even more as I kind of overlooked the DS growing up!

Gameplay wise - either Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia or Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Nostalgia wise, definitely Animal Crossing Wild World.

i miss playing ds games my favorite games were
1.animal crossing wild world ( this a.c game use to have me mad af at villagers)
2.harvest moon a new beginning ( fav bachelor neil)
3.fire emblem awakening (my favorite f.e game)

My favorite DS games are definitely Animal Crossing Wild World/New Leaf, Fantasy Life, and WarioWare Touched off the top of my head. I put in hundreds of hours on all those games

Oh wow! So many good entries on this thread. It’s brought back a lot of good memories for me, thank you!

My favorites would have to be wild world (of course), Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and Nintendogs (the chihuahua version). My dad looked all over town to get a copy of that nintendogs for me for Christmas. I’ve always thought that was so sweet and I still have those cartridges to this day.

ACWW, Mario Kart DS, and Dragon Quest IX are my top 3 in no particular order. GTA Chinatown Wars is an honorable mention.

Top 5 (mostly in no order):

1. Jump Superstars
1676916459584.png

This was probably my favourite. I used to play as Yugi, Yusuke or Naruto most of the time. I preferred this to Smash Bros at the time. For whatever reason, I didn't find the sequel as good as this one.

2. Pokémon Omega Ruby
1676918132367.png

Weirdly, R/S/E was my least favourite gen for a while. But the remake ended up being my favourite recent Pokemon game until Legends Arceus arrived. I think the hidden bases were my reason for preferring this game, since I had so much fun setting up a trickster lair and inviting my friends over to try it, and likewise exploring theirs to get a flag.

3. Digimon Story
1676918519306.png

I had the Japanese version of this game, because at the time I couldn't trust the UK to actually release games like these. Everything about this game was great! The pixel graphics were top notch.

4. Luigi's Mansion 2 / Dark Moon
1676919042447.png

I will never forget the look on that Boo's face when he comes back to inspect the dining table. I love this trilogy in general.

5. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
1676920350551.png

Really enjoyable puzzler, with a few (good) twists in there. Criminally underrated gem.

Other honorable mentions: Super Mario 64 DS, Fossil Fighters, Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

My favorite Nintendo DS game Pokémon HeartGold/ SoulSilver. It's definitely a popular one and for a good reason, It's one of the few remakes where it actually really does improve on every aspect of the original game it was based on. The graphics are absolutely beautiful pixel art, and Pokémon are presented in rich and vibrant colors. I love all of the legendary Pokémon from m Jhoto: Lugia, Ho-Oh, Enti, Raikou, Suicune and Celebi are all super cool.
GS/HGSS are still the only games to this date that have multiple regions and pokemon leagues to challenge.
The first Pokémon in your party can follow you in the overworld, and will even show up as shiny. On that note, I also really love the generation for shiny sparkle, still my favorite after all these years. Heart Gold soul silver has the fastest soft reset for a shiny starter of any Pokémon game, and when I did it I got a shiny totodile in 15 resets. I've now set up my version of HeartGold to utilize the Gen 4 cute charm glitch, so that game is a gold mine for shinies.
Excuse the phrase but there really is heart and soul put into these games.

Back