What is your favourite animal from the fish area of the Museum?

F2omIP1aUAAxvCM.jpg

The betta is my favorite fish and really love the aesthetics of the tank it's in. The aquascaping is beautiful, the live plants are nice, and it has a lot of common home aquarium fish. Although, I seriously have to question Blathers' aquarium husbandry. He has cold water fish (gold fish) mixed with tropical fish that need a heater (like the betta and angel fish). I don't see a filter or heater anywhere on this thing. Not to mention way too small of a school of neon tetras (they like to be in groups of like 20), and the guppies in there would likely not get along with the betta as their tails would make them a target.

Overall I'm going to have to give it a score of 2/5 Try harder Blathers. 😮‍💨

I feel obligated to answer Whale Shark for this one. I do like the whale shark though, it's actually the centerpiece of one of my rooms in New Leaf. That particular specimen is also the largest sea creature I ever caught in New Leaf, measuring in at 306 inches and is the only sea creature I had ever caught over 300 inches in all the years I played the game.

View attachment 504068
The betta is my favorite fish and really love the aesthetics of the tank it's in. The aquascaping is beautiful, the live plants are nice, and it has a lot of common home aquarium fish. Although, I seriously have to question Blathers' aquarium husbandry. He has cold water fish (gold fish) mixed with tropical fish that need a heater (like the betta and angel fish). I don't see a filter or heater anywhere on this thing. Not to mention way too small of a school of neon tetras (they like to be in groups of like 20), and the guppies in there would likely not get along with the betta as their tails would make them a target.

Thank goodness we have resident rep Roxie to assist Blathers! I guess he's not the expert I thought he was 😔

All of it If I had to choose, maybe the river fish area! It’s such a pretty design. I also love the top room, being able to walk through all the fish!!

I think I spent an hour in my empty museum when nh was released because of how beautiful It was, and the fish area has always been my favourite!

Deep sea exhibit, but I also like the Betta/gold fish tank. (Which Id love to be in my house .. )

I think it's the Moon Jellyfish ... That circle on the floor intrigued me until I donated one and then went "Aah, that's what it's for !!"

View attachment 504068

I have to agree. Regardless though the Betta fish is my absolute favorite. Blathers didn't even get my first one till i had one to replace it.

haha close! my favourite fish is the great white shark, and i think he looks pretty damn cool in the museum as well! 🦈💙

IMG_2546.jpeg

the big ocean fish tank is my favourite area in the fish exhibit, though seeing the goofy-looking ocean sunfish swimming around in there always makes me laugh LOL. he’s so “no thoughts, head empty” looking 😭

IMG_2547.jpeg

The deep sea exhibit was always my favourite. Seeing the deepsea fish like the football fish, oarfish and coelacanth swim around in the dark water captivated me.

I think it might be the arowana for me! I've always adored the fish in real life and even chose to paint it for Camp 2021 lol. I've always really enjoyed their overall shape/anatomy and I love seeing their gorgeous colour variations. I think what really sells it for me though is the large scales. Something about their shape and look is so pleasing to look at for me. 🤔

Found it and honestly still kind a vibe?
Arowana_painting_2021_wm.PNG

In-game model:
Slaying idc what anyone says
Arowana_NH.png

Images I believe I referenced from when painting it. How can u not love this fish... 😭
shutterstock_755489131.jpg

Red-Arowana-Care-Guide-A-Fishkeepers-Crown-Jewel-Banner-678x381.jpg

01arowana.jpg

I can't remember off the top of my head since I haven't visited the museum in ages, but Whale Shark is definitely up there. Whale Shark is amazing. All the big fishes tend to be, really.

Arowana, soft-shelled turtle, and/or dorado.

I really like the Mahi Mahi for been one of the more colourful fishes. Think it may be in the same exhibit as the sharks so quite a cool place in the museum to visit.

There are still a few deep sea creatures that I've not yet caught and still need to do so before I can donate them to the museum and see them in the aquarium. That said, of what has been caught and donated, I really love the Moon Jellyfish display with the lit circular glass display on the floor with a bunch of them all swimming around inside. Similarly, I like the giant school of anchovy swimming together.

If we're just talking about the fish and deep sea creatures themselves, not necessarily how they're displayed, my favorite fish are the Barred Knifejaw, Coelacanth, Football Fish, and Barreleye, while my favorite deep sea creatures are the Giant Isopod, Vampire Squid, and Umbrella Octopus.

The betta fish is a big favorite for me! I used to have one irl but it got sick within months and died despite all the research and preparation I did beforehand 😔 I also love the whale shark, moon jellyfish, mantis shrimp, and the vampire squid.

LilComrade.jpeg

Back