• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite word and least favorite word?

Foreverfox

💖✨Egg mother✨💖
Bells
White Rose
White Tulip
Enchanted Bloom
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Didn’t see one of these and felt it was necessary. Let’s discuss. Favorite and least favorite words, and why?

Favorite: Boulevard, Pleb
I like boulevard just because of how it’s spelled. It’s just so pretty.
Pleb is just a funny sounding word, even though it doesn’t get said ever. It makes me chuckle, and that’s good enough for me. To add context, when you read period books, and hear this word in your head as it comes in text is what I mean by “sounding”.

^DISCLAIMER: I’d never use this or any other derogatory term towards anyone. I want to make that clear.

Least favorite: huh….I haven’t given that one much thought. I will edit when I determine it.

Last edited:
My favorite word is metanoia. It’s present everywhere, changes, shifts, blah blah. It’a rare but doesn’t feel pretentious, it feels pretty really. Like a real hidden gem of a word. And I found it at an extremely important time… that’s its own story.

Can’t say I have a specific least favorite word, but baby talk typo slang is up there. “Doggo” and “birb” are not cute, it’s dumb, it’s like the adult version of L33tSp33k.

LMFAO has anybody ever noticed that the bartender is grooving to the music (somewhat believable) but then at 1:19 does some crazy jump? Never noticed before, but it's awesome.
Post automatically merged:

Got way more invested in that video than I was expecting lol

Ok back on topic...I can't think of a favorite word. Serendipity/serendipitous is always fun to throw around...but as soon as you use it you sound pretentious.

Least favorite word...right now it's 'nugs/nuggies'. I'm not referring to a nug that you put in a pipe, I'm referring to adults who want to eat chicken nuggets and refer to them as nugs or nuggies. I can accept parents/children using these terms...but not two twenty-somethings standing in front of me at McDonald's.

Last edited:
Favorite word: Beyond. I don't know, this word always just gives the implication that there's something more... whether it's something to explore or something more within yourself (plus it's like, part of the MHA motto. how could I not choose this? :lemon: ).

Least favorite word: My least favorite word is actually inappropriate, so I can't post it here, but it's got to be one of the most stupid slang terms I've ever heard. Why people have used it and continue to use it is... beyond me. ;)

My least favorite word is any made up word. There’s one that really irks me but I won’t say it here. Similarly, I dislike children speak like “nuggies” or “tendies” referring to chicken tenders.

I can’t think of a favorite word at the moment.

Last edited:
Pleb is just a great feeling word to say, even though it doesn’t get said ever. It makes me chuckle, and that’s good enough for me.
Wait, I'm not sure what the word pleb means to you, but... isn't it a really derogatory and classist term? 😭

Wait, I'm not sure what the word pleb means to you, but... isn't it a really derogatory and classist term? 😭
It’s just funny sounding, that’s all. That’s why I included that doesn’t get used ever. 🙁❤️ I’d never use any derogatory terms towards anyone, and I’m sorry that wasn’t clear enough in my post. I’d hope people know me well enough to know that. ❤️

I’ve added a disclaimer and context to that, just to make it more clear. Thank you for bringing it to my attention that my intent didn’t come through correctly.

Last edited:
My favorite word is moist but my least favorite type of words are things like ain’t, worser, gooder and stuff like that

Favorite is "creature," I just love saying it
Least is "yankee," I say it in the most... yankee sounding accent haha. I hate it. Anything with sharp A and -ee sounds bother me.

Favorite: Among many, “lovely”, “oh dear”, etc
Least favorite: “moist” (unless we’re talking about pastries I guess idk lol)

Favorite: Probably ultraviolet, it has to do with science so it's automatically great and it sounds cool.

Least Favorite: Girlies. I. Hate. It. So. Much. I don't even know why it's just obnoxious.

I love words like perhaps, instead, since, and, result. I use whatever excuse I can think of to use them. They just sound nice to me.

My least favorite word is hugely. I know it’s grammatically correct, but it sounds like one of those words a 3 year old would make up because their vocabularies are still too small. For me it’s on the same level as “fastly.” I’ll give an honorable mention to the ever changing handful of formerly academic words that turned into buzzwords. Currently the big two are disproportionately and adjacent. I usually agree with the people I hear those words from, but they’re said so frequently that I become irritated from it.

“Just the other day some punk from another team got up in his grill and he (beep)ed his (beep) right in the (beep)... with a dose of (beep) for funsies! He's mad, I tell ya!”
“He, he (beeped) his (beep)?! And even his (beep)?!”

favorite words are probably stuff like "scrunkly" and "scrimblo" and "scrinkle" words that don't really exist they're just fun to say LOL i like to make up words (though the first 2 aren't made up by me)

least favorite is moist

Favorite: (it’s tough to pick one, so here are a few) Plump, luminous, ripple, prickle, scalloped, twinkle, frost, jade, blossom, crescent

Least favorite: Hubs/hubby, iconic, kiddo, ick, adulting, mushy, shaming, oscillate

i don’t know what my favorite word is but i feel very strongly about the words i dislike. “nits” (like baby lice - 😀) and “broiled”… i hate them.

My favorite word has to be Mac and cheese lmao I like the way it sounds in my head like it’s satisfying to just say it lol and least favorite word has to be milk because it just doesn’t sound right it’s weird cause I don’t know how to explain it, it’s just a really weird word

The word Meow is my favorite

I guess my least is Sorry, I hate when people apologize to me

My favorite word is actually a stim of mine! "EEP!" I LOVE SAYING EEP ITS JUST SO FUN :3 I also love the word Fruit, i love fruit so much anytime i hear fruit i get so excited !!

My least favorite is any similar word to thr-wing up .. nausea is a okay word a bit different though but i cannot take the word thr-w up or v-mit I HAVE TO PUT A DASH BETWEEN IT SO I WONT BE SCARED OF IT <\\3

Back