• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your favorite artwork in the game? (Real or fake)

QueenCobra

Gutted, rotted, Gila monster, BEAST!
Bells
I know Redd is infamous for scamming us with fake art, but some of it looks cool. (Such as the star earring on the Girl with the Pearl Earring, etc.) As someone who studied Art History and is really into it, there are several pieces I enjoy— and I like the variety of artwork shown in the game.
What real and/or fake pieces do you like?

I like many artwork in the game...maybe too much. I'll try to give my top 5 favourites but this top 5 can always change.

1. Twinkling Painting / Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. One of my favourite paintings. Glad it finally made it in NH.

2. Ancient Statue (fake and genuine) / Dogu statue of the Jomon period. I like the fake ones more because they float and glow. The real ones are great for outdoor decor too.

3. Wild Painting (both halves, preferably genuine) / Folding Screen of Fujin and Raijin by Tawaraya Sōtatsu. I like this one because it fits perfectly with the Eastern themes I prefer.

4. Informative Statue (fake and genuine) / Rosetta Stone. I find the fake an interesting take. I plan on using it for one of my haunted sections on my new island.

5. Mysterious Painting / Isle of the Dead by Arnold Bocklin. Its another new painting and another one that looks nice because its natural.

Other honourable mentions: Dynamic Painting, Detailed Painting, Great Statue, and Worthy Painting

Fakes I miss:

New Leaf Valiant Statue (fake): The batwings looked so cool. Not sure why they didn't keep this fake one.

I like the Flowery Painting (Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh) and the Common Painting (The Gleaners by Jean-Francois Millet).

I don't know all that much about art history, but as far as I know the latter depicts the lives of everyday working people, something which wasn't very common in art at the time.

For the former, I just really like Van Gogh and I believe this was one of his favourite pieces. It looks like an expression of happiness, which is nice if you know anything about his life. I like to decorate with this one in game!

For fakes, I think the Motherly Statue (Capitoline Wolf) is cute with its tongue sticking out hehe

I quite like the "haunted" fakes; the fake Graceful Painting (Beauty Looking Back by Hishikawa Moronobu) that switches position at night, the fake Scary Painting (Ōtani Oniji the 3rd as Yakko Edobei by Tōshūsai Sharaku) that is sad but then switches to a smile at night, and the fake Wistful Painting (Girl with a Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer) where the Girl with the Pearl Earring closes her eyes to sleep at night.

I also like the fake Famous Painting (Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci) where the Mona Lisa looks annoyed, and the Ancient Statue (Jōmon Period "Dogū" Figurine Shakōki-dogū by Unknown Artist) that glows and floats when you interact with it is cool too.

As for the legitimate art, I like the Jolly Painting (Summer by Giuseppe Arcimboldo), Moving Painting (The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli), Mysterious Painting (Isle of the Dead by Arnold Böcklin) and Sinking Painting (Ophelia by John Everett Millais).

i love the twinkling painting, moving painting (real), worthy painting, and the sinking painting. in terms of statues i'm absolutely obsessed with the valiant and beautiful statues, both real and fake.

i’ve always admired that the artworks in the series are replicates of/inspired by artworks in real life.

my favourite genuine artworks are the scenic painting (though i like the fake variant as well), calm painting, moving painting, glowing painting, sinking painting, twinkling painting, and mysterious painting. i also like the colours in the jolly painting.

i think the “haunted” fake artworks are cool, especially the ancient statue and the informative statue. i really like the fake valiant statue as well.

For paintings, I love Vincent Van Gogh's ones (Twinkling Painting especially) but Asian ones as well (Dynamic Painting, Scary) and I love all the real statues because I'm a big fan of them! I find them pretty. But some fakes are not cool at all. Seriously, a watch on a sculpture, what an idea! Warrior statue is probably my favorite. I really like China, its culture and its history and I would like to visit this fabulous place that is X'ian and its terracotta army.
Fake Valiant statue is cool I think because if you combine it with the real statue, you have a nice effect of... I won't come across the word again, but I think you understand.

One of my favorite paitings is in the game
So ill have to go with “the birth of Venus” by boticelli i like how pure,inocent and feminine it is. its like a tribute to women in a non sexual way, dunno i like it 😅

My favourite paintings are the Moving Painting and the Sinking Painting... both so beautiful

And my favourite statues... the Beautiful Statue, the Informative Statue and the Valiant Statue

Last edited:
I personaly love all paintings from Vincent Van Gogh (especially the Twinkling Painting, which is my favorite of all times!) and as well the Great Wave (don't remember name in game).
For statues, I LOOOOVE Warrior statue most! I have a nice replica in my room, very small but i came from a expo several years ago! But to be honest, most of the statues in this game are really nice (real, fake I like not except for Valiant one) so I cannot really choose my favourite except the Warrior!

My favourite paintings are the Moving Painting and the Sinking Painting... both so beautiful

And my favourite statues... the Beautiful Statue, the Informative Statue and the Valiant Statue
Perfect! I’ve always loved the Ophelia painting and the Valiant Statue (of the goddess Nike).

My favourite paintings are the Glowing Painting, Sinking Painting, Twinkling Painting, and Mysterious Painting. I honestly wish they had fake versions of them just for the variety!

For fake artworks I like the Detailed Painting for the pretty purple, and I like the little smile on the fake Rock-Head Statue.

Back