• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite Animal Crossing game?

new leaf, i like it’s style the most. it was my introduction to the animal crossing series and it’s an incredibly nostalgic game for me. i have so many great memories with this game, i started playing when i was 9 years old and it was revolutionary to me because i had never seen a game with so much customization, it was everything i wanted at the time. i sadly do not have my original file anymore but i still find myself coming back 7-8 years later, i won’t ever forget the first time i played.

Last edited:
Probably New Horizons, but I definitely enjoyed the original a lot and New Leaf was great as well. The next game still has plenty room for improvement though.

Has to be new horizons.
The longest I've spent on previous games was new leaf which I found ran out of content after 4 months.

In new horizons its been 2 years, and yes I've taken some breaks from the game in that time, but I've put in a couple thousand hours and still want to come back to it. Its got so much content.

Make it so villagers give you requests more often and you've got a near perfect game.

Of the three I've played (WW, CF, and NL), New Leaf is definitely my favorite. I've put over 6000 hours into the game and still play it daily. During covid when I couldn't see any of my irl friends, I'd go to Tortimer's Island and chat to other people. The game is just so relaxing and I love decorating naturally instead of with furniture like you can in NH. (no shame if you love decorating with furniture, though!)

Back