• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What is your earliest memory on Animal Crossing?

I took my son to the dentist. They had a gamecube in the waiting room, and AC was in it. I played for a few minutes. I thought it was such a stupid game. All I could figure out was shaking trees and picking up the fruit. What do you do with the fruit? What am I supose to do next? Eat the fruit? How come nothing happens when I eat the fruit? LOL.

Well, I remember seeing the GC version used at Gamestop for about five dollars and my dad being like, "why don't you get that it's so cheap." So I went home and wanted to start playing - my older brother, whose GameCube it was, told me that there wasn't enough room on his memory card so I wouldn't be able to save. I started playing anyway and was somehow still surprised when I wanted to save and the game didn't let me. I threw such a tantrum! I feel bad about it because my dad got mad at my brother because he didn't really understand what was going on (he thought my brother just didn't want to share, when really he just didn't want to have to delete his save data from other games).
Anyway, the reason I threw a tantrum is because I thought I was "so far" in the game and was losing all of this great progress I had made. Really, I had just finished paying off the first tiny loan to Tom Nook lol. It probably took me so long to do because I was a kid who sucked at video games that I thought it was such big progress.

Last edited:
My earliest memory on animal crossing was playing my sisters on her DS lite and meeting Daisy and being so obsessed with her. Legit, I used to take the animals so seriously when I was younger. Whenever she tried to move out, I used to get real sad because she'd make me feel terrible. On my own game, it was probably meeting my villagers and hating every single one except Lucy. I later deleted that town when I found out that you could. It was such a big discovery at the time.

Last edited:
When I was a kid I was terrified of Resetti and that's like the only thing I can remember about when I was little. Well, actually, I do remember being so obsessed with Wild World that I bought two copies for no reason. I bought the other copy second hand and the town was called Beach and my seven-year-old brain thought that was dumb, but, I didn't reset the game cause I felt bad for the villagers.

Back