• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What is your earliest memory on Animal Crossing?

Playing Wild World at 4 AM in the morning to ease my severe anxiety as a kid. I use it to help my depression / anxiety issues now too. This game has helped me through so much tbh - I know that might sound silly but it has.

I remember borrowing my neighbor's copy of Wild World and making stupid patterns. I would spend a lot of time in Able Sisters; that's probably why they're my favorite NPCs. ◠‿◠

I also remember Vesta and Pompom being the very first villagers I talked to. ♥

I remember back in the day, people would post videos on YouTube with their friend code, and people in the comments could add each other. I added a lot of people and eventually played online with somebody named Stan. We became such close friends, we even played City Folk together when it came out. We played together for years, they honestly were the funnest times I've had playing online with somebody, but unfortunately we lost touch long ago. :c

Oh! When I first got the GameCube version shortly after, I can remember chasing Scoot around with my shovel lmao ~

Starting Wild World, and being Nutmeg of "Sidenie" (sydney) because I had no idea what to name it. I couldn't read very well at that time, so when they told me about how to save I just shut down and then 3 days later I wake up to this weird brown thing screaming at me.

...yeah Sidenie wasn't a very good town.

My first Animal Crossing was Wild World. My first memory was my first hybrid, a pink cosmos. I was proud when I got up to 13 hybrids. lol

My first memory was the Gamecube version, and wee ol' me stayed up until midnight or so for the first time playing AC. I caught a stringfish and I was so happy that I almost cried on my way to donate it to the museum.

Sadly, I only started playing it this year and I wish I knew of the series sooner, that being said my earliest memory was seeing a cat on a train and thinking "KITTY!" + "ok so I guess this is where I create my character". and so on, I was kinda scared when Isabelle said I'm the mayor 0-0 I thought "no I'm not ready for responsibility!!".

Last edited:
In real world perspective was seeing a preview of Mr. Resetti telling to to not reset the game.
In game perspective is meeting up with Rover and setting my first mayor and the town.

I remember playing the Gamecube version, but don't remember too much about it. I have long and short term memory issues. I do remember playing the Wii version of City Folk and getting frustrated with Nook's shutting early (I tended to play late at night), so I'd have a house full of fish waiting for him opening in the morning!

The happiness I felt the first time I got Animal Crossing Game Cube when it was released and started playing. ^^

Finding out that bill wasn't real and that he couldn't love me back.

Broke my poor 7 year old heart,

When I first started wild world I didn't know what animal crossing is yet and I was really charmed by the atmosphere. It was all pixelated and kinda ugly to be honest, but there was just something unexplainably addictive about it. The apple trees, the bugs, the animal villagers and their muffled babbling, the relaxing Nintendo DS-quality music, the round earth - everything was just so bizarre it felt like diving in a whole different world or experiencing a lucid dream. New Leaf doesn't really give me this kind of feeling anymore, but it's still fun to play.

Being mad at Mathilda for looking so angry. Loving Cleo. Playing with the Mouth of Truth. Running through piles of leaves. Time Traveling like a mad woman >>

My Wild World town was called ILLINOIS and I accidentally made a boy character because I thought the word burly sounded better than cute. Then I made another character named Maria because I didn't know you could have two characters with the same name.
I also wrote a daily diary type thing chronicling what I did on those days. I still have it.

Having Bunnie as a starting villager in wild world and always talking to her and wondering how she had a flower umbrella. This was only 8 months ago lol.

I first played Animal Crossing on game cube. I remember learning how to send items to other characters in the game. Also, I liked Elmer and Filbert.

Making a town on ac gamecube when i got it for christmas and thinking the characters were so full of life. I remember eloise and tangy, i think they were my first animals ever!

My first memory is, well, being the only one who spoke English well enough to understand Tom Nook's part time job so I went to basically everyone who bought the game's houses to do Nook's jobs for them. xD Good times.

Running around as a blue hair brat, time travelling and making Mr. Resitti really mad haha. I had Dizzy, a lion, ummm.. It's really fuzzy since it was 2004/2005 :c

The Gamecube version.
I remember getting it in the store and being embarrassed being a boy getting a kiddie game, so I kept on saying it was for my sister.
I remember the memory cad it came with had Excite Bike on it, playing it, but then selling it or something not realizing I could never get it again.
I remember some of my first villagers being Bob, Mitzi, and Olivia.
I remember having a 3 cliff town called Rivendale.
I remember Nintendo Power had a small section dedicated to Animal Crossing for over a year and would sometimes have codes for NES games.
I remember Tortimer asking me where to build the optional bridge, and totally messing up the placement.
I remember taking another memory card and creating another town just for the sake of seeing the travel mechanic.
I remember Bob moving out.
I remember the sad day I reset my town, I had played it for over a year.
(I know this isn't a single 'first' memory, but it all just came back to me once I started typing).

Last edited:
Back