What is the meaning of your Island name?

One of my current islands has an interesting name- Cloudgate. However, I refer to it as 'Bean Island'. This is an elaborate joke about The Bean, a sculpture in Chicago, Illinois. The official name of The Bean is actually Cloud Gate. I got the name from a name generator, and thought "wouldn't it be funny if I made an island, gave it an official name, and then never used that official name?"
The Bean is a giant metallic sculpture that, to be blunt, looks like a giant bean. Why it was officially called Cloud Gate I'll never know. Below is a picture of The Bean. It's a bean, not much else to say.
1710448581161.jpeg

My other islands have all had many names over the 4 years of ACNH. Seastar was my first island, again a name generator gave me that one. I also had islands inspired by the Redwall series with names taken from places in that series- like Loamhedge. There was Stardust as well, my Winnie-the-Pooh and Alice in Wonderland island. I'm a chronic resetter, to the point that my goal for this year is to keep 1 island for the entire year without resetting it. That's my Switch Lite island... it's... not easy. I wanna do so many things but with 2 Switches I'm limited. Like, Wild World and New Leaf I have multiple copies of b/c each copy is one town. I wish they did the same with New Horizons...
Anyway, I'm rambling. tl;dr: one of my current islands is a giant joke about the sculpture Cloud Gate, AKA The Bean.

Cinnabar, like Cinnabar Island from the Kanto Pokemon games. Didn't know what to name it and that was just the first name that popped into my head when I was deciding on one. (Plus this was an accident but it's alsyo kinda similar to Cinnamoroll, who my character's outfit is inspired by!)

i named my island asteria after the greek goddess because i really love space and stars; asteria is the goddess of the stars and astrology
my current island theme doesn't reflect that but eventually i want to change it up so that it's more celestial themed ^u^

I named it, "Hawaii", as I knew the player and villagers would be moving to an island, as opposed to moving to towns in past games.

My island is named Magpyr and its from one of my favorites Terry Pratchett's book Carpe Jugulum (more specifically its the surname of a family of vampires like the one below)

1712500200015.png
I like vampires ok... xD

If you've ever played Wii Sports Resort, you will undoubtedly know where "Wahu" comes from. For those that don't know, Wuhu is the name of the big island in that game. When I made my island back in March 2020, I wanted to come up with a name that sounded tropical, but not overly generic either. After about a 20 minute brainstorm session, I came up with "Wahu", but didn't realize until several months later after randomly revisiting Resort that I misspelled it. Fortunately, I grew to like my own spelling better. Whataya know?

I chose Disneyland because I’m doing a Disneyland Paris themed Island and one of my acnl town was called Disney when I had a Disneyland like town

My island’s name is Skyhold; I named it after the Inquisition’s headquarters in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Nothing. It’s just the name of the planet that Kirby games take place on.

My island name is Paradisio – a made up word that's a combination of the word "paradise" in both Spanish and Italian.

Basically, since the game took place on an island, my initial plan was to create a "summer paradise" and make it as if you were going on a vacation to a beach town. My current island is... not that lol. I changed my plans a lot along the way.

I chose, as my main island, Óhana because it is Hawaiian for Family.

My villagers are: Teddy; Octavian; Molly; Marshal; Stitches; Plucky; Dom; Reneigh; Sherb; and Shino.

That is their seniority order.

I have played the island since Day #01—the very release date on March 20, 2020—of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

This cast of villagers was completed in either late-2021 or early-2022. (I am thinking January 2022 but with an island date then set to November 2021.) At the time, I was trying to determine the No. 10 villager, because I had some who arrived and departed, and then I was delighted with the 2.0 update introducing and revealing Shino as a Peppy. (She fits!)

If one wants to visit my island, it is set in August 2022. I have not updated it. I don’t know if I will. It feels complete.

I struggled with naming my island! The name I eventually landed on was Luosi, which sounds slightly similar to my partner’s maiden name (is spelled very differently so no privacy concerns here!).

It’s pinyin in Mandarin for the word “snail” or “spiral” or “shell” though I haven’t really worked this into any aspect of my island.

My island is called Mash Bay after the TV series M*A*S*H* 4077. I wanted to call it Hawkeye Isle after the main character Benjamin Hawkeye Pierce, but it was too many characters.

Back