• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is "norm/normal-core"?

I've never heard of normal-core. ๐Ÿคจ Sounds innocent enough, I suppose. Nothing too exciting. ๐Ÿฅฑ My island happens to be Swag-core. I don't expect many people here to know what that is, of course, but I'll spare you the big boy vocabulary and tell you this: epic. swag. finesse. me. yes. beer. cold. get me one. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰

I think a normal core island would be one that doesn't have to much terraforming. It would also have simple paths or use ones that were part of the game not any custom designs.

How I describe a normal island might be simple, and does not have custom designs on the ground everywhere, the players' houses are neat and tidy, and the villagers aren't overly cutesy, and have natural colors and/or themes.

Bonus points go to any player that might have most, or all villagers with the normal personality.

I also hate the, "core", name, as well. It's used everywhere on Tumblr, and I am so sick of it. I wouldn't be surprised if people started referring to their favorite villagers, as, "core", too...

"Merengue-core", "Marshal-core", "Poppy-core", "Raymond-core", and so on...

Reading through this reminded me I had never heard of all these "core" terms until the year New Horizons came out. And as time went on, I stayed confused because there were so many. I still don't know what cottagecore means and I certainly don't know what normalcore is either.
I'm seeing multiple interpretations of normalcore in this thread too, and that's confusing me even more.

I recently started a second island and I am thinking of going bor-core. Boring as possible.... flattening the island, no plant life, nothing for my villagers to do or look at. I may be nice and put a single sleeping bag in the center for everyone to fawn over, but we'll see.

Okay not really, I just wanted to make a new "core". I feel like at this point every theme is "normal". It's all been done. I just made an outdoor movie theater... nothing new, so I guess it could be considered "normal-core"?

Reactions: Doo
I recently started a second island and I am thinking of going bor-core. Boring as possible.... flattening the island, no plant life, nothing for my villagers to do or look at. I may be nice and put a single sleeping bag in the center for everyone to fawn over, but we'll see.

Okay not really, I just wanted to make a new "core". I feel like at this point every theme is "normal". It's all been done. I just made an outdoor movie theater... nothing new, so I guess it could be considered "normal-core"?
I wouldn't say everything is normal. Cottagecore is still cottagecore whether it's been overdone or not.

It basically means that you play the game in a "normal" way, or as "intended". You don't time travel, your island doesn't have a certain aesthetic / theme, it is functional, and you don't reset it

Back