• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What greetings or catch phrases have you taught your villagers?

I taught Wolfgang the greeting "Fo' shizzle" and the catchphrase "my nizzle." Don't ask me why, it just makes me laugh.

On the terms of catchphrases

Tucker and Hans say "Senpai"
Kabuki says "grump"
Kid Cats says "sassafrass"
Flurry says "blushie"
Pheobe says "fwayah"
Nibbles says "squee"

Fuschia and Benjamin have their defaults just 'cause I like them.

My favourite greeting and catchphrase is definitely Julian's. Our conversations usually start off like, "Hey there babe! What's up, fabulous?" Don't judge, I think it suits him! :D Haha!

I usually teach my villagers their japanese onomatopoeia like Aurora's pen-pen or Rolf's gao c: it sounds reallly cute

I used to teach them inappropriate and immature things as greetings, like "sup, nig", "I will cut you" and "you make me gag". It was kinda funny, sometimes I'd forget I taught them to say those things and I'd be mildly shocked when their cute, happy faces run up to me and proceed to say such hostile things.

But since then, I've been starting to teach them old timey catchphrases such as "pip pip", "cheerio", "good sir", "old chap". For greetings, I have more generic things, like "good morrow" and "good day to you". I think it's cute, suits them. :D

Last edited:
i have them use their defaults coz i am lazy lol

I sometimes like to give them catchphrases from shows or movies I like. Portia says "my precious" :p
Mott says dang and a few other villagers say lmfao and it always somehow fits into the conversation lol

Stinky: Come at me, bro!
Wolfgang: Hello, awesome.
Katt: Purrrrrrrrrr...
Punchy: Hi, lazy bum.
Henry: Hi, frog puss.
Merengue: Doodle-doo.

Bonus: Wolfgang ends his convos with "poop face". :p

These are just some that I remember off of the top of my head.

Well, since I plan to be queen of my land...I've made my villagers all address me as royalty. They'll either start greeting me with "Your highness,...." or end their sentences with "...., your majesty" or "milady "

I'm also considering making them call me "Your royal beautifulness" only because it sounds silly and makes me laugh :D

Last edited:
Flip's catchphrase is Dumbbells because hes like a jock type i think because all he will mention is running and weights

Moe's greeting is "A la Moe"
Robin's catchphrase is "Flickie" (yay Sonic)
Fuchsia's catchphrase is "Deerling" (yay Pok?mon) :)

I made Kid Cat's "ladybro" cuz he called me that once and I thought it was hilarious. I had felicity say "diamonds" as her catchphrase, which I think fits her well, and "yoyoyodel" as a greeting, which I don't think fits her at all.

Recently Quillson started calling me ladybro too, once he got Kid Cat's old shirt lol, so I don't know if it's something that villagers will say at random... Or if he picked it up from Kid Cat?

I made Kid Cat's "ladybro" cuz he called me that once and I thought it was hilarious. I had felicity say "diamonds" as her catchphrase, which I think fits her well, and "yoyoyodel" as a greeting, which I don't think fits her at all.

Recently Quillson started calling me ladybro too, once he got Kid Cat's old shirt lol, so I don't know if it's something that villagers will say at random... Or if he picked it up from Kid Cat?

He probably picked it up from Kid Cat I think.

Rory always always calls me ladybro ^_^ And that's not even his catchphrase. But he's sweet.

I made Katt say 'Nyaaaaaa', and Celia 'Tjirp'.

10406467_794542397224557_5402371717061618601_n.jpg

I thought this was perfect for Marshal as an adorable little smug squirrel.
(Also disregard the patterns, I replaced my patterns with clothing designs temporarily. ( ? ▽ ` )ノ)

Last edited:
Back