• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What greetings or catch phrases have you taught your villagers?

I usually have them say sweet things like cupcake, shortcake, pumpkin, sweetie, etc.
I'm pretty predictable :p

All of my villagers greetings and catchphrases relate to Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, Bee and Puppycat and Rick & Morty :D They say things like Wubbalubdubdub, Megafrog, Jakethedog, Finn&Jake, Puppycat, PBGums, Impossibear, Catbug and a bunch of other weird stuff you won't understand unless you watch those four shows.

I told Pompom that a good greeting is "duckjobs."

I'm a mature person, I like to think.

I also try to give villagers the same catchphrase according to the town; Vinetown's residents use "Jabroni" and Parkfeld uses "fam."

Okay, I'm trash, but. I taught Goose the catchphrase "; )" so he can live his dream of flexing like Aaron from Undertale.

I'm so sorry.

I taught Chevre the catchphrase...."Senpai". I don't think that was a good idea....

Wolfgang says dawg. His greeting is "Ugh, GET OUT." I try to make sure my cranky villagers are actually cranky, since they ruined them and made them far too nice in New Leaf.
Whitney says dimwit. Her greeting is "Bow down peasant" or something like that.
Celia says child, which I think is cute coming from her.
Fang says stoopid. I forgot his greeting, I just remember it being mildly rude. Not as aggressive as Wolfgang's, cuz Fang just seems more chill than him in my town.
Deli says douchebag.
Mitzi says nuh uh boo. I think her greeting is "yaaas grrl werk" or something equally stupid lmao.

Last edited:
normally i don't tell them to change anything, i like what they say so it really makes me mad when they start using someone else's terminology

I wanted Beau to have his original catchphrase again but now it struck everyone and they are all saying 'saltlick' without a single ping. what have I created

No one really has any changed yet but I did make Marshal say My Princess on my girl character since why not lol ;)

I usually make my villagers say cute generic things so it doesn't mess everything up when they pass catchphrases to each other :)
Rudy says "hey friend" and "alright"
Marshal says "hey hi hello" and "oh yeah"
Vesta says "hello hello" and "beeb"
Agnes says "oink" and "okey-dokey"

and I made Prince's greeting "zip zop" because he requested a 'secret code' between us <3

Marshal's current greeting is "Hey there, baby" and his catchphrase is "sexy". I may very possibly have mental issues...

Also, Ankha's greeting is "Hello, peasant" and her catchphrase is "cleocatra".

Last edited:
Harambe is very popular in my town. Followed by Girl and I'm Britney B**ch.

I normally get my villagers to call me 'overlord' and greet me with 'hail hydra' because I'm a petty petty child xD

I'm not the most creative in this department, I usually just put greetings in other languages for the greetings. As for catch phrases, I put whatever I think is cute and thematically relevant, like I made Pinky's catchphrase "pan-pan". Creative, I know.

i tried to have catchphrases that matched each villager but they've all caught them off each other!

clyde's catchphrase is "sugarcube", blaire's is "acorn", jitters says "jitterbug", and i think the rest have one of those or their original one.
i might try to just give them generic ones though so it doesn't matter too much if they change them.

When I still had Marina in my town, I made her greeting, "Oops! I inked!" and sometimes whatever she said afterwards was just so fitting, it made for hilarious conversations.

Right now, I've got Ozzie saying "hype", Cesar saying "salad hype", and Quillson saying "ducks ahoy". I usually try to do something based off their species, personality, or name, but if I can't think of anything, I'll just come up with some random word. lol

Back