• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What episode of a stop motion episode scared you the most?

The friendcode exchanger

Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
If there one form of animation that has the big potential when it comes to scaring viewers it's stop motion animation.

It has been used to great effects by creators like Tim Burton and plenty of other much more obscure series such as the Swedish show that you have probably never even heard of called Skrotnisse which features stop motion puppets in a creepy fashion.

When it comes to animated stop motion shows what episode creeped you out the most?

For me it would be that dream episode from Pingu , I swear this episode is so freaking scary it makes even most Tim Burton movies look fairly tame in comparison because this feels like it was directed by David Lynch.

I never saw this episode as a child but it still scared me really badly and I am 19 years old and I watched it at night which made it even worse.

Everything about this episode just feels off in so many ways from the eerire to sometimes non existent music and those sound effects .

But what really makes it stand out is the atmosphere which starts out strange and creepy but becomes increasingly disturbing .

And then THAT thing appears out of nowhere moving in a very unnatural and stiff way with it's almost satanic appearance because of those empty black eyes and those horrifying human teeth.

It also does not help it's absolutely bigger than any other character in the entire series .

Also the laughter it makes is the stuff of nightmares because it sounds like that of a serial killer.

I am seriously glad this episode was pulled off the air in most countries yet still many children were scarred because of this episode.

I can’t think of any that scared me but I want to post this short film anyway.

Back