What does your Island Entrance look like?

KittenNoir

🌸 Meow 🌸
Bells
Island
Cosa Bella
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Shadow Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush

My favourite thing is visiting new islands and seeing the entrances people design.

At the moment I do not have online membership so I haven't been able to visit others.

Please share below your entrance:

The entrance to Cosa Bella Island:

This is the best and most clear photo I have this is the view you see once you have stepped of the sea plane.
I have water displays either side behind the pine trees.

1681899798780.png

Once you step on the island you follow the path leading the way up to my residential services.

I have pergolas leading all the way up to the services area. As you can kind of see once the water display areas stop I have a water stream running next to the garden.

1681899948703.png

This is my island entrance. It has gone through changes around 2020-2021 only to end up sticking to this kind of island entrance where there's a balance between terraforming and tree placement.

(pic below is the island entrance from 2020-2021 pre 2.0 update)
2020072718325300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2020092108255100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

In the end, I'm super happy in how the entrance turned out so I kept the island entrance as it is. 😊

(pic below is the current island entrance design)
2023042519315400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023042519321400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023042519323500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible. My island entrance looks terrible. I've had it a bunch if different ways, but somehow I never get it right. My resident services is somewhat close to the airport, and a space to the right. It's off kilter, and I've never found a way to make it look right.

I had a sort of open square market type area, which just seemed, off. I once put nooks to the left of resident services to try to balance it. I've tried just putting all of the shops there. I've tried no shops. Whatever I put, it always looks a little bit off.

Then i tried sidewalks, with some pink flowers, very simple. I had the sidewalk go around in a square instead of straight up to resident services, because it just feels really weird to go in a straight line from the airport to rs and suddenly realize they don't match. This pic is just to the right of the airport.

2021012608332700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

But still, it wasn't right. I tried a curved path from the airport. I tried hiding it with cliffs. It just never seems right.

I think if rs were farther to the right, it could be disconnected from the entrance. But it's close, and just ever so slightly off kilter. This is what it is now.

2022091612550900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D (1).jpg

You can see where rs is (can see the top of it), just to the right of the airport exit. I don't know why it bugs me. I'm heading into another island redesign phase, and will be experimenting more with it. Maybe I'll finally find some way to balance it out! 😁

Ooh, some of the entrances are really nice! I really like the idea of using the pergolas at the entrance! Also, Teehee Tiki always looks amazing.

I'm copying my pictures straight from my island journal, because I don't have my Switch on me! Mine's quite basic! It's just a large open pathway with flowers either side. 😊🌹

1708386943683.jpeg

1708387020466.jpeg

(airport entrance is next to that signpost)​

Terrible. My island entrance looks terrible. I've had it a bunch if different ways, but somehow I never get it right. My resident services is somewhat close to the airport, and a space to the right. It's off kilter, and I've never found a way to make it look right.

I had a sort of open square market type area, which just seemed, off. I once put nooks to the left of resident services to try to balance it. I've tried just putting all of the shops there. I've tried no shops. Whatever I put, it always looks a little bit off.

Then i tried sidewalks, with some pink flowers, very simple. I had the sidewalk go around in a square instead of straight up to resident services, because it just feels really weird to go in a straight line from the airport to rs and suddenly realize they don't match. This pic is just to the right of the airport.

View attachment 536771

But still, it wasn't right. I tried a curved path from the airport. I tried hiding it with cliffs. It just never seems right.

I think if rs were farther to the right, it could be disconnected from the entrance. But it's close, and just ever so slightly off kilter. This is what it is now.

View attachment 536773

You can see where rs is (can see the top of it), just to the right of the airport exit. I don't know why it bugs me. I'm heading into another island redesign phase, and will be experimenting more with it. Maybe I'll finally find some way to balance it out! 😁
I love the look of both your entrances they are both so pretty !!! I am loving the flowers around the fountain the design is amazing I need to have some more variation of flowers around my island. I also love the font and the size of you island name mine is way to small and boring haha

Mine isn't particularly grand, but I like it regardless:

Entryway.jpg

I previously took a picture back on May 9th, 2020 of what it used to look like:

Main Road Progress.jpg

As you can see, the layout has pretty much been the same after all these years, though with the obvious exception of the paths, flora and the fountain (I moved that a bit further to the left). Also, you can't really notice it, but the split horizontal path where the Statue of Liberty is used to be a single path, as I originally had more than two villager houses to the right of this area out of frame. Some of the houses had to be moved when I constructed the split path, and now a small park occupies the former space today.

Here's what mine looks like. The airport is just out of view where you come in by the wedding welcome board and donation box. I put a small seating/waiting area for doing trades and my shops are also very close by partially to be convenient for visitors.
View attachment 536784

I think I might add some waterfalls to my entrance. This looks really nice! I might be able to balance mine out some with a giant waterfall.

Mine looks boring compared to all of yours! I wanted a Beach Boardwalk inspired after a place I grew up going to every summer, and this is my "entrance". It's an outdoor concert area, and to the right is the amusement park, and to the left is the shops.

after seeing all of your beautiful entrances, I feel like I need to start redesigning!
1000003265.jpg

Back