• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you miss most from AF/AF+/AC/AFe+?

Admiral Sven

Bells
Yellow Candy
I have loads:

1. Live recordings
2. The Post Office building in AC
3. Tom Nook opening after hours in AFe+
4. K.K. Slider playing a mini concert for your birthday
5. Chip giving you a free fishing rod at the Fishing Tourney if you don't have one

And, worst of all:
0. The villagers which Wild World killed off for good :mad:

I love how those games give a different feel. The villagers were more expressive, they were like...
"EWW, you didn't talk to me for 3 weeks! You ungrateful brat!!!"
New Leaf :
"Aw, I was worried you were gone for 10 centuries. I'm glad you're okay!"

I miss a couple of bugs and fish there. It was interesting to see huge coconut crabs falling from palm trees.
Also, the time when the island was a thing.

The ability to ask for errands from villagers.
The scavenger hunts that villagers would post on the bulletin board where they'd say they buried something in a certain acre.
Visiting the dump every day to see what was there.
The gold spots.
The balls.
The music.

Aesthetically:
The unique circular design of the dirt.
The bushes.

Last edited:
I miss asking the villagers "can I help you?" and they'll give you a task most of the time. I also miss the balls, the gold spots, digging up bells with a golden shovel, the music (the "meow" one!) and the dump. All of these posts are bringing me wayyyy back!

Last edited:
I really miss the old villager personalities, especially the cranky ones. I loved having to work hard to earn their friendship and some of the mean things they said gave me a good laugh. I also miss the NPCs having more personality, like Blathers. I used to love turning in things to the museum and hearing his explanations. I never minded how long they were because I enjoyed them. Reading about the items on a plaque in the museum is a nice idea but so much more impersonal.

I also miss being able to choose whether you want to talk to a villager or do an errand for them. Sometimes, I'm running behind and I just want to have a quick chat before I log off or something, but in New Leaf that always seems to be the time that my villager wants me to do something for them. It was really nice to be able to go around doing errands whenever I had the time, but just talk to them when I didn't.

I don?t think I can say ?miss? because New Leaf was my first game, but I wish they kept The Dump because I always look forward to seeing what new things are in there :p. I also wish they kept the villagers giving you bells after you do a request for them.

The dump. The 30,000 bell cheat that I would use everyday. THE BALLS THAT WERE AROUND TOWN. I also miss the lake with its lilypads. I do not miss the fact that your dressers could hold only three items each. My basement and outside of my favorite villager's house were a M E S S because I liked to have the different shirts to be able to wear all the time... even though my character always wore the "dogstooth shirt".

NES games the most, 100%. When I was a child, I would go on Animal Crossing just to play Donkey Kong and Excitebike sometimes. Other things would be universal codes tbh lol, the dump, villager dialogues (yes, villager, i want to buy your chic wall for all of my 94,000 bells), more villager capacity, and the tier'd town maps.

Am I the only one who was immediately put off by the original AC animal personalities and don't want them back? Tried to play the original and the villagers were immediately nasty to me even though I was trying to be nice, and it put me off from really spending any time in it. I liked that they had a lot of lines but I DON'T want the nasty attitude to come back, I deal with enough of that in my life I don't want to be verbally abused in my virtual town with cute animals, too.

To me, the personalities seemed more humorously rude and over the top than anything. I also started playing as a young kid though, so my take may be different. What I think I and others liked about their personalities though was despite their rudeness the more you talked to them and logged on every day, the more they would gradually warm up to you and befriend you.

Besides the original dialogue though, I miss the simplicity of roaming special characters which it seems NH is bringing back. Having only one or two visit every week gave more of an incentive to plan ahead and made those days feel much more unique, opposed to in the newer games where special characters move in or are just always available.

The fact also you knew in general besides red who was coming to town because Copper would mention it. Isabelle would rather tell me about her missing sock than look outside ugh.

I miss all the things others stated for sure. But also I miss the Ables telling you their story? In NH other than, oh hey sad quilt on wall and yay Lable is here thats is. Like...okay?

I miss the errands too. Really the errands. I never get them now. But forget the ones where Peaches moved to my brothers town will I got there and return their Gameboy. No I will not hmpf.

Besides the dialog/personalities, I miss the events and the mini town square where a lot of stuff would go on (the fountain) It would be nice to see them bring back lots of those events

My childhood. 😆

For real though probably having to visit towns in person and trade without the internet by using codes. Less comparison. In some ways more originality.

All in all though I love NH more!
Post automatically merged:

NES games the most, 100%. When I was a child, I would go on Animal Crossing just to play Donkey Kong and Excitebike sometimes. Other things would be universal codes tbh lol, the dump, villager dialogues (yes, villager, i want to buy your chic wall for all of my 94,000 bells), more villager capacity, and the tier'd town maps.
Oh yeah! How did I forget that?! This is actually what I miss most too, Balloon Fight was the best!
Post automatically merged:

The dump. The 30,000 bell cheat that I would use everyday. THE BALLS THAT WERE AROUND TOWN. I also miss the lake with its lilypads. I do not miss the fact that your dressers could hold only three items each. My basement and outside of my favorite villager's house were a M E S S because I liked to have the different shirts to be able to wear all the time... even though my character always wore the "dogstooth shirt".
What was the 30k bell cheat?!

Back