What do you do in Dream Towns?

kiwi34fruit

Bells
Mailbox
Whenever you visit, what's your favorite thing to do in a Dream Town? I spend most of my time checking out the town design and layout. But I rarely talk to their villagers or go inside a villager's house.

However I don't really spend that much time in a dream. I visit them frequently, but I don't usually stay for long. What about you?

I used to dream only meet the villagers, but now I go meet the villagers and marvel at how cool some dream towns are. I may pick up some ideas ranging from home layouts to PWPs, and try to make my town something special as well.

I simply visit c:
It gives me inspiration for designing my town ^_^

Check out their town and homes, visit with the villagers, and... RUN THROUGH THE FLOWER GARDENS LIKE A MANIAC.

I go to other towns to meet villagers, get ideas for my own town, and have way to much fun running and destroying flowers. I can never run in my town so I let lose lol I don't stay long either. Probably bc I know whatever I do means nothing. If I catch a rare bug can't keep it, so I guess I feel what's the sense of catching it lol

I only run through their flowers if their town has a huge hybrid meadow.

I feel like you have to frolic and crush them when you see so much.

Last edited:
I focus mainly on the landscaping when I visit dream towns. I can't say I do it for "inspiration" like others, more like appreciation. Because seeing something in a dream town isn't likely going to affect how I design my town, you know? But I still like to see what others do with their towns :)

Something I should do more is look through the house interiors. I admit I often skip this when visiting dream towns, just because there are often so many rooms, and looking through them all could turn into a long visit.

My dream visits are often pretty short. Thinking about this, I find it a little funny that I meticulously think about every inch of my town, and every room in all my characters' houses, when it's likely that visitors to my dream town are the same as me, just breezing through everything and skipping many parts :p

Though I'll say that I often spend more time in towns of WiFi friends who I haven't WiFied with in a while for whatever reason. I guess it's because I miss WiFing with them, so visiting their dream town is the next best thing. And I'm more invested in their town (rather than a stranger's) since I know them, so I find it more interesting to explore and see what's going on.

I never focus on the villagers much, except for taking pictures of their houses for my villager house exterior collection!

Last edited:
I usually visit towns I know have paths laid out and lots of PWP's for inspiration. I don't tend to stay for very long or look in any houses.

I look for inspiration, both landscaping and house design. When I'm done with that I just trample the flowers, it's too much fun to just crush them aha.

Usually, I just look around the town and in the houses real quick. If I see something cool, sometimes I take a photo so I can use it as inspiration. I usually also try to talk to at least one villager, so that the creator of the town can see someone visited. c:

i go for landscaping, to see good ways to place flowers/pwps, admire the beautifulness of the town...

and then I DESTROY IT!

I usually run around and see all their houses for inspiration when decorating my town. I usually see landscaping, not interior decor, since I'm more of a town-decorator than an interior decorator.

look in their houses, talk to some villagers if i like them, use any items they leave out, take screeshots

Run through the flowers then explore and check the houses. I'm so horrible.

I rarely visit dream towns, but usually just for inspiration and stuff as well, if I'm stuck on decorating a certain area of town. Otherwise I just

RUN THROUGH THE FLOWER GARDENS LIKE A MANIAC.

I don't know why, it's just very satisfying, trampling beautiful imaginary hybrid gardens.

I check the whole outside of the town, and the insides of any player characters homes.

Back