• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do daily on New Leaf? How long do you play each day?

Riyita

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Just wondering, After a few months, things start to slow down. What do you guys do daily?

I just water my hybrids, place down more paths, do favors for villagers, catch some stuff and sell, decorate my home and that's all.
I usually play for a looooong time like over 9+ hours? xD (Ofc I take some breaks)

I find all the fossils for the day, do snowman bingo, water flowers (since I have the late town ordinance) landscape a bit and place/plan pwps, do some errands for my villagers, browse the shops, check the island and beetle hunt if I need some extra bells. :)
Then if I still want to play I'll look at some dream towns or go on island tours/hop around on club tortimer~

Most of my time now is spent landscaping since a lot of dream towns inspired me to make my town look extra nice. I also make sure I send letters and build friendship with any villagers I need to as well :3

I'll usually play from 1 - 6 hours a day (depends on how busy i am of course)

Last edited:
My town is a month and one day old at this point, but this is what I do:
I find all the fossils/gyroids and donate/sell them, look for a special visitor, water all the flowers, talk to each neighbor (and do a request if they ask), make a snowman for bingo numbers, get a new emotion at Club LOL, check the shops, work at the cafe, and update my dream. This is what I get done first and foremost, like a daily routine. Takes me about an hour or so.
Other than that, I do whatever I feel like. I play AC about 1~2 hours daily.

I check all the shops, I check to see if Tom Nook has the roof for one of my brother character's, I check to see if any villager is considering moving, and I check the campsite. I used to do the Bingo but then I got sick of making snow people after winning 3 Bingos. My town is not the best place for searching for snowballs and rolling them to each other.

Last edited:
When I boot up my game, I usually do the usual routine, looking for fossils, donating them, do a bit of fishing, talking to the villagers and then I try and find the gem and money rock.
After that, I go to the shops and check if there's anything I like, if so, I purchase the item with money rock money.

I don't play as long as before. I reset my town, so there is a bit more to do, I guess, but I've done it before.

I dig up items, shake trees, plant more trees along the edges and cut a lot down (if the gardening shop is selling the axe that day, of course. I really need a golden axe, which is why I've also been buying one sapling per day), hit rocks, sell seashells, go shopping on Main Street, talk to my villagers over and over again...
Yeah. I usually spend about, hm..1-3 hours per day?

I walk around and talk to all of my animals, then I check the shops, then on my second character, I give a snack to Dr. Shrunk. Then I might walk around to try to see where a new PWP might go. Initially, I probably play for an hour, but I'll drop in all through the night when I feel like it.

Been playing since July and am not close to bored.

play as mule to find money rock then switch to main.

as of late ...
-build snowboy
-find money rock
-check island for mermaid stuff
-check gracie grace for anything different
-check nooks for house stuff for mule if i didnt as mule
-go to island to make money for next gracie season
-talk to cyrano
-check for blue hygrainae starts
-check for blue roses
-water hybrids i NEED more of
-contemplate next PWP

Depends what I have to do.. for a few days now I've only played for about 45 minutes, if that. Sometimes I feel like adding to my paths or planting trees, bushes & flowers.. that could take me a few hours to plan everything out. It just depends what I do. c:

Things I do daily are;
- Dig up fossils/gyroids
- See if any hybrids have grown
- Remove any unwanted flowers that villagers plant ._.
- Water all flowers
- Put fertilizer near my pink carnations c;
- Give Blathers my fossils
- See if a special character is around the plaza
- Talk to my villagers
- Do the swimming trick to get PWPs suggested
- Update my dream address (if I've changed anything that day)

c;

Well I play multiple in-game days per real life day since I TT and for each one I check to see if any hybrids spawned, talk to my villagers, see if anyone's moving out, check my campsite, etc. I don't bother with fish/bugs/fossils/etc anymore.

I've had the game for three and a half weeks.

My routine:
Wake up at 6am for work, and play for about an hour in my bed (it helps me wake up). I have my town set to early bird, so I check the turnip price and try to find all of the fossils and such before 7, which is when I have to eat breakfast and head out.

When I get home, I check the turnip price again, check all of the shops, water dying flowers and the flowers I want hybrids of, talk to all of my villagers, make snowpeople (working on snowboy's items now), run around trying to do favors for my villagers, then head to the island for some tours and bug hunting if I need the cash. I write everyone in town a letter and attach whatever leftover furniture I have to some of the letters, and send them off. Might go play around in a friend's town if they're online, or do whatever tasks I need for some badges. When I get bored for the night, I might visit a dream town or just shut the game off and upload the pics for my tumblr. :)

Then rinse and repeat!

Last edited:
Well, I shake all my trees until I get at least 1000 bells and both items, I also collect all my fossils and gems and the money rock. Then I donate my fossils and I buy my fortune cookies and redeem them. Finally after my first round of selling things I go and buy everything I want from Main street and if I don't have plans for a pwp(If I go I pay it off asap) I pay off my loan. I also go to the island once a day.

The rest of my day is spent organizing and doing favors

The only thing I do every time without fail is talk to all of my villagers. I will not put the game down until I've tracked down all ten of them. Time permitting, I like to make money, visit dream towns, and water the flowers in all those muddy spots that just won't grow any darn grass.

I always do a hybrid check and water my flowers when I wake up (this used to take ~5 minutes and now it takes 15 ahaha ;u; ). I don't really have a set schedule, but the things I do (outside of the usual stuff like checking shops) are:
  • Clean up sea shells/look for Gulliver
  • Plant trees/bushes/flowers (currently working on organizing my town so there's not a blob of trees every five steps)
  • Play island minigames until I get a good number of medals
  • Check the HHA showcase before I head out
  • Redecorate my house
  • Trading with others ( :' D I love this part)

Last edited:
The daily routine includes -
- Finding fossils and assessing/selling
- Shaking trees
- Checking stores
- Going to the Police Station to check out for any visitors and/or items
- Talking to villagers (I play several times each day and I always make sure that I catch every single villager outside to check for moving pings/rumors of moving)
- Do chores for the villagers - catching fish/bugs, visiting their houses, etc.

Things I do several times a week -
- New PWP
- The island - I sometimes go in the early afternoon to get a tan. If I want to make more bucks I go after 8 pm.
- Plant new trees/flowers

Talk to the villagers
Go to the island to make money
Landscaping (hybrids/bushes/paths)
and all the things that come along my way like villager favors

Ah..lets see.

-Water flowers.
-Put down a few paths.
-Dig up gyroids/fossils.
-Landscape.
-Sell a few things.
-Go to Dr. Shrunk.
-Talk to villagers.
-Island.
-Work on kappa-like house.

More stuff too. v.v

Since I'm still working on my house, I typically go to the island and farm me some beetles or sharks for bells. I also engage in the Stalk Market since I've a good amount of online besties that are online enough for me to generate some bell-flow. I still have projects that need to be done and stuff. My town isn't all that great at the moment, save for some flowers and paths. But I forward time quite a bit and sometimes go backwards since I like the spring/summer months.

im about to reset my town for the second time since dec. 20 but i usually find all the fossils/gyroids, check out main street (i usually will have early bird because i wake up so early on weekends and break ::::/), shake all the trees, talk to neighbors, etc etc. maybe i will have 2~4 hours of actual gameplay daily

Back