• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what do think of Doki Doki Literature Club plus

will you get the game?

• yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • nah

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I dunno yet

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Marridia

that weird introvert that likes anime
Bells
Switch
2836-1477-5593
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
I'm curious on what people's thoughts on it are, I havent seen the trailer yet so I dont have any yet.

The visual upgrade, sound test, and new side stories seem interesting. Although I’m not sure if the horror elements will be as effective the second time around. If it’s a decent price I might consider it though.

Eh. I played the original already so I think I'm good. If I cared about the characters more I might but to spend actual cash on it this time is settling me into the "nah" category. It's cool they're still working on it though!

I looked at the trailer, I want to see the new side stories cus I heard monika will have a route. When I get it depends of the price

Looks cool. The console menu looks kinda dorky, but you gotta make do. I hope there are new scares.

i didn’t realize this was a thing until now o_0. just watched the trailer but even though i thoroughly enjoyed ddlc, i don’t see myself buying this. i’d definitely reconsider if one of the side stories allowed me to kick monika’s ass, though. 👀

I really want it but I think it costs money so I definitely won't be able to get it, my parents would never buy it for me so I'll watch playthroughs of the side story's when it comes out

I love the concept of this game but have never played it as I am a Nintendo console gamer so I’m glad to see it coming to a device I can play it on. I’ll wait to see the price though. If it’s too expensive at launch I’ll just wait for a sale.

i've been tempted to buy it purely for the bonuses -- the stands are cute, and i love the idea of the little membership card -- but i probably won't just because i've already seen playthroughs of the main-game and don't need to play it myself. it sounds petty, but i could've potentially been swayed if there was an option to change MC's gender. right now it's a guy and... that's it as far as i know, so. that being said, i'm really excited to see the dlc routes -- specifically yuri and natsuki's. i've lowkey shipped them since the game first came out on PC and i saw a leaked screenshot of their side-story that absolutely sent me. (in a good way.) obviously i'm not naive enough to expect any of the side stories to have any intentional romantic vibes (even though the majority of the fandom ships some variation of 2 or more of the girls and it wouldn't kill them to make that an option) and know it's just going to be gals being pals, but i can't wait to see fellow people of taste take the Sapphic Vibes and run with them lmao. hopefully one of the two youtubers i watched play the original game also play the dlc.

Last edited:
Just saw the price on the Eshop it’s $19.94 CAD ($14.99 USD) which in my opinion isn’t a bad price at all so I’m definitely gonna get it.

Just saw the price on the Eshop it’s $19.94 CAD ($14.99 USD) which in my opinion isn’t a bad price at all so I’m definitely gonna get it.
I would argue that’s a terrible price 😞

I was expecting more like $30 Canadian honestly. Switch stuff in general is a bit more on the pricey side.
Meh… it’s a 3 hour game that was free upon release, watching it on YouTube kinda gave me the full experience anyhow. To each their own though.

i'm curious about it! i was never a huge fan of DDLC but i enjoyed it. i'm hoping the characters are given more depth with these side stories, it feels like a really good opportunity to explore stuff beyond the game's gimmick! i won't get it at release but i'll probably get it eventually, it would be fun to just have.

the new chibis of the characters are really cute too!
60928826b02a9e17e066f7fc_Sayori-Chibi-HC.png
60928826b02a9e0b6966f7fb_Natsuki-Chibi-HC.png
6092882619f6a3604273e2c8_Yuri-Chibi-HC.png
60928827e2932ed04547af32_Monika-Chibi-HC.png
they did something weird with natsuki's fang that i've never seen before... the line on the top of her mouth is removed, making it look like a flesh fang. but the tooth itself is still colored in white, separating it from the skin? it's not an important detail or anything i just thought it was funny XD

i'm curious about it! i was never a huge fan of DDLC but i enjoyed it. i'm hoping the characters are given more depth with these side stories, it feels like a really good opportunity to explore stuff beyond the game's gimmick! i won't get it at release but i'll probably get it eventually, it would be fun to just have.

the new chibis of the characters are really cute too!
60928826b02a9e17e066f7fc_Sayori-Chibi-HC.png
60928826b02a9e0b6966f7fb_Natsuki-Chibi-HC.png
6092882619f6a3604273e2c8_Yuri-Chibi-HC.png
60928827e2932ed04547af32_Monika-Chibi-HC.png
they did something weird with natsuki's fang that i've never seen before... the line on the top of her mouth is removed, making it look like a flesh fang. but the tooth itself is still colored in white, separating it from the skin? it's not an important detail or anything i just thought it was funny XD
I adore these chibis!! Natsuki's fang thing is weird, like you pointed out. I've seen lots of anime girls with a "skin fang" like that but never was it also coloured white. Huh.... Either way though, they're adorable!

Just an update to anyone else interested in buying this game. The preorder on the eshop is currently on sale right now. It’s $17.94 CAD ($13.49 USD).

I definitely want to check it out! I've heard so many great things. It looks like such a cute, lighthearted game! I'm sure it's exactly as advertised with absolutely no plot twists!~
though in all seriousness, I love games that aren't as advertised--I loved that part of FNAF pizzeria simulator!

I like the first one, but even then, I though WVNs (Western Visual Novels) are a poor man's version of real visual novels. It's a good effort, but I'd prefer the real thing.

Back