• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

medication

what meds are you on?

• antidepressants (ssris, bupropione,…)

• stimulants (ritalin, adderall,..)

• blood pressure meds (ace inhibitors,..)

• antacids

• antihistamines

• antipsychotics

• hormones

• anticonvulsants (pregabalin, trileptal)

• anxiolytics

• diabetes meds (insuline, metformin,…)

• anticoagulants (eliquis, xarelto, baby aspirin…)

• food supplements

• others

• none

• cholesterol meds

Results are only viewable after voting.

pochy

Bells
Flimsy Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Yellow Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Peach (Fruit)
Blue Balloon
im curious, are any of you also on meds longterm? you dont have to specify if you feel uncomfortable. i used to be on sertraline, and switched to escitalopram. i stuck w it for a year and now im feeling it losing the effect 🥺😭 or im just getting burnt out. + i’m also on birth control and take supplements. do you feel like your medication helps or are there unwanted side effects?

i was recently diagnosed with anemia, so i take iron supplement pills. i don’t think that falls under any of these categories so i picked other! it just makes my hands and feet really cold + i’m generally fatigued, dizzy, and unfocused without them. it’s definitely starting to help a bit.

Yeah, I'm currently on antipsychotics and have been for awhile. I take one at morning and one at night, and just recently had them changed a bit to better help me. Take them for my autism and depression, and also to help stabilize my mood.

I’m on anti depressants after 7 years of refusing them 🤡 also on iron tablets, b12 injections, inhalers 🙃

I'm on an antidepressant, anxiolytics, diabetes meds, a sleeping med, and a cholesterol med.

I take medications for high blood pressure,diabeetus(I prefer the Wilford Brimley pronunciation of diabetes)and high cholesterol,which collectively make up the old guy disease trifecta.

I'm legitimately shocked that only one other person so far has voted "none". 😥 Although, I guess food supplements really do not count imo, so maybe those votes should be read as "none".

Thankfully the only medicine that I use "regularly" is painkillers since I get seasonal headaches in late summer - early autumn for one or two months.

I'm on birth control so I guess that goes under hormones.
I was wondering how many votes were related to let's call it these types of functions.

Last edited:
i take an antidepressant. mirtazapine, currently. i've been on several others before, but none of them have done anything rippp. i also take contraception because i used to have really heavy, agonizing periods that were most likely behind my past B12 deficiency.

none but i really should for things i prefer not to mention. i used to take birth control + doxycycline for severe acne but not anymore since that’s gone away with time thankfully.

I'm regularly on antacids and antihistamines 😭 I have bad stomach cramps, stress ulcers, and GERD all bunched up so every time I'm at work, my stomach just goes haywire. The way I describe the pain is like menstrual cramps, but it's my stomach that's cramping. I bought new medications today for ulcers and so far it's been hurting less, hopefully the pain continues to improve 😭
I'm on antihistamines as well because I have allergic rhinitis, like it's not as bad as my mom's (she has allergic rhinitis and atopic dermatitis) but I've noticed through the years that my allergies have gotten worse. Like I have episodes where I sneeze so many times in a row that my eyes tear up and I find it hard to breathe 😭

I take lexapro, which is in the escitalopram category. I've been hospitalized for severe panic attacks. This medication has really helped.

This disorder only began later in life. I was standing outside of the school building not long before a student walked in and opened fire. (killing and wounding multiple people). I also had family trapped inside.

I don't entirely blame this situation. Anxiety is inherited. But the shock and stress of that day may have accelerated things. My symptoms began a year before that.

I'm on an antidepressant, anti-anxiety medication (which is primarily used to lower blood pressure, but is sometime used for anxiety as in my case; it works a charm and I love it; also my blood pressure's always been really good and that hasn't changed since going on it, which is extra nice), and a vitamin D3 supplement.

I was on one antidepressant before (escitalopram) and am currently trying out a new one (bupropion); both I feel have done an okay job, not a drastic improvement, but I'm hesitant to go on anything stronger until I can go into therapy and see if that helps further or not. The escitalopram had a side-effect I really wasn't equipped to handle well, which led to me wanting to switch.
So far on the bupropion the only side effect was some dizziness in the beginning, and although things seem to have stabilized at least, the side effect of the escitalopram hasn't started going away as I was hoping it would. ;; I'm gonna give it some more time though and hope things have improved by my next appointment.

uhh, a few. antidepressant, anxiolytic, stimulant (can't have both in a certain amount of time so i don't take the anxiolytic much anymore,) thyroid medication, antacids. ill need to be on some vitamins im sure of it, but won't know until i get my blood results back. i take a B12 already

I'm on an antipsychotic for my BPD, two anxiety meds (one is an antihistamine which is approved to treat anxiety), a stimulant for my ADHD, aaaand a sleep aid (which is also an antidepressant).. I've been on medication for as long as I can remember.. I hate feeling like I have to rely on them to be stable. I know there's nothing wrong with being on medication, but I fear losing my insurance. My meds are pretty expensive and I can't function without them. ;;
So I hope one day, I don't have to rely on them as much as I do now ;w;

I'm off and on with a nasal spray because I have persistent non-allergic rhinitis and I also take a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (had to google that) for a neuro-ophthalmological problem that I have 😵

I've considered getting on some kind of anti-anxiety medication but I really don't like the idea of taking so many different medications at once. Maybe if my eye problem goes away and I go off this medication that I'm on then I'll look into getting prescribed anti-anxiety medication.. but idk.. it's hard to know if I truly need it

I've got so many meds man 😩💊 antidepressants, stimulants, hormone treatment (for PCOS), occasionally antihistamines for allergies and occasionally buscopan for stomach issues. All of them do different things that benefit my life in one way or another, so I wouldn't have it any other way at this stage.

I’m on anti depressants after 7 years of refusing them 🤡
omg me too 🤡 i was convinced id become dependent and i wanted to ‘tough it out’ and hope i’d magically get better! it took me four years, not quite as long, but i do wish i’d started earlier in hindsight

Back