• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Did You Set as Your Town Tune?

ZeldaCrossing64

Dat's brutal
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Magic Red Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
The town tune is a jingle that plays whenever you talk to a villager/NPC, and it also chimes whenever the hour changes. (And, in older AC games, it would play when you interacted with an instrument in your house. I wish that was still a thing instead of random pitches playing when you interact with an instrument in NH.)

It's sort of limited due to the amount of notes available (code for not a lot), but you can still manage to play parts of songs from video games, shows, movies, etc. What did you set as your town tune? For the longest time I had Song of Storms, but earlier I changed it to the Tetris theme. I also had Saria's Song, Song of Healing, and the Clock Town theme.

With only sixteen notes to work with, it's amazing how creative people can be with this limitation. I think the first time I changed the Town Tune in City Folk, I used the A Scale. In fact, I toyed with musical scales in all games except New Horizons because I was still a beginner learning music theory (I'm still learning it, I'm just not as active as I can be). I also used Saria's Song in a couple of them. I even threw in some Metroid tunes for Halloween: For the N64 original (yes, that game), I used the Item Fanfare, then I used Samus' Fanfare, and lastly, the Main Theme of Metroid: Prime in both CF and New Leaf respectively. I changed those last two Town Tunes for Christmas. I know one of them was taken from Rudolph the Reindeer, but I can't remember what the other one is called. I went through various experimental tunes for WW, but today, it's just a simple one note rhythm. I tried imitating a few Rush songs, but I don't think my ear is good enough to capture them accurately through the games' limited note selection.
(...in older AC games, it would play when you interacted with an instrument in your house. I wish that was still a thing instead of random pitches playing when you interact with an instrument in NH.)
That's one of few gripes I had with New Leaf. It seems they did a switcheroo and decided to have animals sing the Town Tune whenever they're in "happy mode" or whatever, instead. I didn't care for that change, and honestly, it got really annoying having to experience that yesterday with Festivale, because I constantly kept hearing it. It's one of the few "WTF?" thoughts I had with NL because there's really no plausible reason why this needed to be the new standard.

Last edited:
For my main town, Sakura, I have the town tune set as Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast.

For my second town, Nocturne, which is a bit darker and more somber, I'm using Beethoven's Silence by Ernesto Cortazar.

I don't think I set the town tune to anything specific in either of AC or WW, and I barely played CF so I know I didn't set it there, lol, but for both NL and NH I have it set to the Stone Tower Temple theme from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Last edited:
I have Scarborough Fair even though it isn't very islandy. I really like that song ever since choir in middle school. I love the tune.

My town tune still is the standard one as I never bothered changing it. Maybe I‘ll change it today though. Probably to some Zelda song, but I don’t know which one yet.

i don’t remember my town tunes from wild world or new leaf, but i’ve had “bulls in the bronx” by pierce the veil as my island tune in new horizons for the longest time. it’s probably a really depressing song to have as an island tune, but it’s one of my favourites and i just love the melody of it so much. i might change it to something else soon, though, since it’s been my island tune for several months now and i’m ready for a change.

My town tune still is the standard one as I never bothered changing it. Maybe I‘ll change it today though. Probably to some Zelda song, but I don’t know which one yet.
If you're having trouble choosing, you could always watch some videos about it! There are a ton of videos on YouTube about town tunes, and Zelda is no exception to that. I would recommend Song of Storms! Or if you want something more intricate, then maybe the Clock Town theme is for you! (I sound like I'm trying to sell something, but I'm just being enthusiastic. 😂)

These are the tunes I have set for both islands in New Horizons

Main Island: The Destiny Islands them from Kingdom Hearts 1

2nd Island: Daybreak Town theme from Kingdom Hearts Unchained X

for nh my town tune is the very beginning of the new leaf title screen theme. for nl i sadly can't remember, it's been a long time since i've played regularly.

In my first New Leaf town, I didn't set it to anything specific. I slightly edited the default tune and I refuse to change it now due to nostalgia. In my second town, I have it set to Jigglypuff's song. In New Horizons, I set it to the main theme of Kirby Planet Robobot.

I can't remember my NL town tune since It's been quite some time, but my NH town tune is the "morioh cho radio!" starting jingle from JJBA part 4!

Ever since I reset for the last time for an island that I liked, I had Saria's Song as my island tune. I didn't end up changing it until I made a second island character that I used them to change it Epona's Song mainly to get to the 5k miles so I can get her into a house from the tent.

I have mine set to Gourmet Race from Kirby Super Star because Kirby's 30th Anniversary is coming up!

Back