What did you name your island? And any inspirations?

I haven't got my copy yet, put I'm gonna call my island Puddle. I'm not really entirely sure how villagers moving in works in this game, but I'd love to have an island with all ducks and frogs!

Last edited:
I named mine Tippervale.
Tipper is my beloved cat's name who also happened to turn 7 on the release day (March 20).

My Island's name is Eventide because I have been playing Breath of the Wild again. I am trying to resist naming an alt Hinox. Lol

I named my island Tinsel just because. It popped into my head and I liked it so I rolled with it

I was going to name my island "Echo Island" but then that didn't fit / "island" was not automatically included at the end of the name, so I went with Maui instead :p

I named it Melemele Island, like the one in Pokémon Sun/Moon, because my New Leaf town is a really bad misspelling of a town on the island (I think I was nine and too lazy to look it up lol)

I named mine Rosewood, after a small Black community in Florida during the 1900s.

My town is named Itoigawa, which is a small fishing village in Japan known for amazing sushi! I visited there once and it reminded me of fishing in animal crossing haha

Amicitia, which is latin for "friendship". It seemed thematically appropriate for Animal Crossing, and kind of sounds like a tropical island name anyway.

i named mine maluhia (hawaiian for peace/safety). some ideas would be keana, malaia, cherry, utopia, honeybay and euphoria. some tips; choose a language (for ex hawaiian, latin or french) and use a translator. search for good words like summer, sweet, island or sunny. there are also name generator websites. if u want to combine something, here are a few ideas;

- honey
- moon
- sun
- sunny
- fairy
- cutie
- sweet
- rainbow
- new
- old
- dark
- bright
- lazy
- busy
- star
- leaf
- fox
- cat
- dog
- night
- day
- salty
- flower
- secret
- lovely
- basic
- wood
- odd
- fluffy
- magical
- beverly
- (your name/pet etc)
- bay
- land
- city
- town
- island
- isle
- leaf
- pond
- river
- pie
- hills
- valley
- forest
- lake
- sea
- light
- trees

hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I named my town Peachbloom after my native fruit, and it was the only name I liked that fit into the text box :)

None of the names I originally had in mind. I ended up naming it Lahua :)

I named mine Lunar Cove! I'm hoping to eventually make the cliffs into a crescent shape around the back & sides of the island.

Back