• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What did you name your island? And any inspirations?

I named mine Eressea, inspired by Tolkein's Tol Eressëa!

Ey! Someone else with a Tolkien name! I ended up with Eälótë, meaning sea flower in Quenya.

Also considered Havbris(ocean breeze in Norwegian) or Iliya(an island I liked in Black Desert), but I think I would've gotten bored of those in the long run and I want to get over my ACNL issue of resetting my town all the time |:

Last edited:
I named it Crayola after the crayon brand :p I was originally going to go with Rainbow but then my sister wanted to share the game and didn't love that name, so I picked something that's still colour-related but that she liked the sound of better!

I named my island Inchworm! It comes from my favorite beanie baby; Inch the Inchworm! Not to mention, Inchworm Island has a good tone to it in my opinion lol

Meridian, after horizon zero dawn! that game helped me through so much so i thought why not

I was going to go with Dango Island but someone mentioned Seastorm Isle a few months ago so that’s what I ended up liking best

Hanamura- I was really into Overwatch a couple of years back, and it's a really pretty name for one of the character's family compounds.

Everyone has such interesting names! It's fun reading up on island names and their meanings. A friend of mine named their island after my dogs lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was going to go with Dango Island but someone mentioned Seastorm Isle a few months ago so that’s what I ended up liking best

Based on your avatar image, I can see where "Dango" comes from. I love Clannad <3

Last edited:
I named my island Koi Pond! It came to me out of nowhere and I immediately fell in love with it.

I got a green airport and pears and thought huh...what can I do with the name going off of this
and thus greenwater was born

I named my island Asphodel~
The flower is lovely and the name flows nicely to me.

I name my town Altomare. But really Hermione Granger as your user name? Now when i watch harry potter i will think she got a nintendo switch in her handbag.

Venus! part because of the planet, part because of aphrodite/venus, and part because of the gaga song on artpop <3

Nishikigoi.
It's a term for decorative koi varieties.

I just enjoy koi. Used to have them in a pond and would like to again one day. :)

Tarot Island. It just came to my head and so I stuck with it. It sounds mystical and mysterious. I was gonna build a theme around the island and Tarot will really fit the magical theme I'm going for.

Cherie, which was my NL town name too! The inspo behind it was a French term of endearment. Also, I wanted my native fruit to be cherries at the time and the word was quite similar. I wanted oranges this time, but I still kept the name haha

I named my island R'lyeh after one of H.P. Lovecraft's stories.

Unlike the story version, my town is in the Northern Hemisphere.

PS: Gulliver visited my island. It was his first visit and he gave me Stonehenge. I love it, but I think I like the New Leaf model.

Back