• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What did you name your island? And any inspirations?

I really wanted to name it "Echo Island" but that was too long, so I settled for "Maui." Not the most original name, but I like it. :)

Armadillo... Got it from Red Dead Redemption...

Oh, that's cool! If I had another island, I would probably have named it "Destiny" Island after Kingdom Hearts :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dahlia. Was thinking about Chrysanteme but it was too long haha !

What a cool, flowery theme <3 I love mums and was lucky to have them as my native in my island!

Hesperides. The garden of the nymphs of sunset and the apples of immortality in Greek myth, a reference to the Hesper of Diane Duane's Young Wizards, and a lovely tropical-feeling name by itself.

I ended up going with the first thing that came to mind a few months back, Poveglia. Poveglia is an island located between Venice and Lido in the Venetian Lagoon in northern Italy. It was used as a quarantine zone in the late 1700s until 1814, and later featured a mental hospital. It's allegedly haunted, if you believe in that, and while there are plans to develop it, it currently sits abandoned.

I went with it because I like creepy stuff and wanted to use something that invokes that, and because try as I might, nothing else was really coming to me. That said, I'm not particularly comfortable with it; it feels like it takes the seriousness of the island's past too lightly, actively makes me think of quarantine, and with the plans for development on the island, it would eventually become an outdated reference. I had thought of using the name back before this whole thing exploded, so yeah.

I might restart once a friend gets the game (so I can have them hold my items) and rename it to something else. Problem is, I still don't know what I'd call it instead. Oh well.

Last edited:
I named my island Agrestis. My inspiration? I like latin words. Agrestis means wild, rural, rustic, fields, etc.

I wanted my island to be more rustic and rural. Almost natural and wild, like a field. It is going to be an incredibly amount of work to pull off, but I'm going to make people's jaws drop with this theme.

Last edited:
my island is leporidae!!its the family that rabbits and hares are in in the animal kingdom, and it fits for me bc i wanna make an all-bunny town ^_^

I named mine after Zero Isle, an island in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers that contains 5 separate dungeons, each very difficult with their own challenges in them. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was my childhood so of course I'll name my island after something from the games.

Last edited:
My island’s name is Chromatica , because that’s the name of the new album by Gaga , and also , in the same album everything is going to happen in a world called Chromatica.

I named my island “Anetum” because I was looking up words in Latin that might sound cool, and it just stuck. What I really like is that Anetum is Latin for “dill” which I just find silly

my first town in new leaf was grooves, and my second was sunspear.

i put together the both of them as homage and sungroove island was born!!!

Back