• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What did you look for in your map & why

I was mainly interested in getting a blue airport and a native fruit I liked. And I wanted my Resident Services to be near-ish the center of the map. I think it took me about 30 minutes to an hour to get what I wanted.

I really wanted both of my rivers to open at the bottom of my map, the resident services to be almost directly across from the airport, and for the native fruits to be apples.
I suprisingly got a ton of maps that matched what I wanted, but every time I went to them I got peach’s or occasionally cherries... I think it took me over an hour of constant resetting to finally get an island with apples.

Mine had a certain shape in the top right corner that I thought was funny. Just gonna leave it at that :lemon:

You cant move residential services?
Post automatically merged:

It would really be nice if they made it easier on us and more options like if we could just say nope not these four and they showed us another four maps cause resetting and having to redo everything is getting REALLY ANNOYING
Post automatically merged:

Or how about just let us move residential services pick the color of our airports be able to move where are rivers go out to sea and make our own peninsulas and move rock formations and little beach! yeah then I wouldnt have to do the reseting!!

Last edited:
I wanted an island with two south exits, because I knew that once I unlocked terraforming, my perfectionist desire would not have survived anything else.

I didn't reset or anything.

I was mainly looking for symmetry. I wanted a centrally located Resident Services, an airport not too far off to one side, double south outlets, the dock and peninsula on opposite sides, centered private beach, either apples or peaches as the native fruit, and an airport color that's not obnoxious. I thought I'd be resetting for at least an hour, but I found my map on the second try. It has peaches as the native fruit (which kind of stinks if perfect fruit doesn't make a return because I'd rather just have pears as the fruit and replace all the fruit trees with more valuable non-native fruit that I like), a blue airport, and all of the symmetric features that I wanted. I knew if I passed on that map, I'd likely be resetting for a long time only to eventually end up with something worse.

I liked the maps with the little "islands" sectioned off in the middle. So that was my basic preference for look.

I'd say overall, almost every reset had a version with that so that wasn't really a problem. The problem was I wanted native pears and for some reason the game decided to hate me...it took 2.5 hours resetting to finally get a pear map and that was with selecting a map on almost every reset.

I started playing a bit later so I looked at a website with all the maps in it. Fell in love with this one with the heart shape pond. I wanted: minimal ponds and nicely divided lands, a river that’s not too crazy and I thought this map fit very well with my requirements. Probably took me 2h of resetting to get it

1586235828257.jpeg

I picked one with a large starting area so I wouldn't get too cramped before I got bridges and the like

I really love the map of Oldcatlady. I picked that one too, but wanted a blue airport and got orange. I reset then and after 6 hours settled for a map I liked with cherries and a blue airport. I lost my save file when transferring save data to my new Switch, I was really scared it would take me a really long time to find a map again. Thought about resetting for the map Oldcatlady has, but within 10 minutes I found my old map again, with cherries AND a blue airport! Felt like that map and I were meant to be :D

I.....I picked the one with the cute heart. orz But I honestly picked mine because of the two waterfalls. I wanted to plop my house right down between them~

I found an almost perfect one last night I was resetting every 2 minutes for several hours but it had a red airport oh well on day 3.......

I wanted a small space for my developed town area- but then it turned out that I needed more space than that.

Peaches and yellow airport. Rs near south to save space. Heart pond leading down to secret beach. West dock. I just fish better there dunno why. Lol.

wanted my resident services parallel to the airport it's still a bit too much to the left though :x
other than that just peaches, cherries or apples as the town fruit

I reset for an island with river mouths at the right and bottom, central-ish location for resident services, and the bit of land that pokes out to be at the bottom right of my map. Oh, and apples as my native fruit. I also like that I can walk in a straight line up to resident services from the airport. Took me hours of resetting, but I’m happy I did it.

I wanted resident services right in front of the river (with very little space behind it), as I knew I wasn't going to terraform the main part of my river, and I feel like I can never build anything behind large buildings anyways, because it would make it hard to see.

I didn't want two south-facing river exits, because I don't like having such a small piece of land separated off at the bottom, and also I just think it doesn't look as nice.

I wanted a space to build my house along the beach on the right-hand side of the map where the back of my house would either be up against the river or a cliff. I also wanted the space for my house to be very near resident services.

I found all of those things on my very first map, so I didn't have to reset at all!

I've finally settled on an island.. big peninsula, yellow airport, lined up perfectly with the town plaza. Peaches, pansies, and the rivers Ill accept for what it is ... Good to go. Thank god. Now I need to play nonstop to get the cherry blossom diy.. wish me luck

I've finally settled on an island.. big peninsula, yellow airport, lined up perfectly with the town plaza. Peaches, pansies, and the rivers Ill accept for what it is ... Good to go. Thank god. Now I need to play nonstop to get the cherry blossom diy.. wish me luck

Check for balloons every 5 minutes! :) I would see them at :X5 or :X0! I know there are a few guides on this, but I had pretty good luck on my old file.

I decided to reset for flowers... I had native tulips, and only found hybrid tulips on island tours. I wanted a flower I liked when I find hybrids. I also wanted peaches because I love the peach furniture. :cry:

So hoping for peaches, windflowers/mums/lilies/hyacinths, blue/orange airport and a river exit on the left.
I have noticed that I only get either roses, tulips, or windflowers as my native flower. I have yet to see anything else after 2-3 hours of resetting.

I recall there was a thread about the native flowers awhile back, and I think they could only get a certain three flowers when they reset as well... so I guess I'll be trying for windflowers?

Back