• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What did you like most about Nintendo's E3?

Frequency

Overnight Wanderer
Bells
Switch
0491-0353-2730
Not including Animal Crossing obviously, what were you most excited about at Nintendo's E3? I was going to ask just for one thing, but since they announced many things, I decided to ask about multiple instead.

I believe mine would be the sequel to Breath of the Wild. It's one of my favorite games and I wasn't expecting a sequel to that game. I thought they were going to go in a completely different direction after that game like they normally do.
Other things I'm interested in is Alien: Isolation, Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games, and Banjo-Kazooie as a Smash Bros. fighter. I may have been interested in Luigi's Mansion 3 if I played it as a kid, but I never did even though I loved the GameCube. I may give it a chance though before that game comes out if I can.

Here's a list of everything announced at E3 in case you needed a reminder:
Banjo-Kazooie Smash Bros. Fighter
Dragon Quest's Hero Smash Bros. Fighter
Link's Awakening remake
Luigi's Mansion 3
Breath of the Wild sequel
Daemon X Machina
No More Heroes 3
The Pokeball Plus controller for Pokemon Sword and Shield
Trials of Mana
Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition
Witcher 3
Resident Evil 5 and 6
Contra: Rogue Corps
Panzer Dragoon remake
Dark Crystal
Empire of Sin
Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics
Spyro the Dragon trilogy
Ni no Kuni
Minecraft Dungeons
The Sinking City
Alien: Isolation
New Super Lucky's Tale
Dead by Daylight
Dauntless

Feel free to let me know if I've missed anything on this list.

i'm excited for Luigi's Mansion 3, BotW sequel, Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics, kinda? Link's Awakening, and Alien: Isolation

Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. THE character I've always wanted.

Everything else that interested me was just showing gameplay for things I already knew about and wanted, like Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3. Not that I didn't like what I saw, but I kinda knew what to expect since they're games that tend to be 'more of the same'.

tbh, I'm only really paying attention to animal crossing right now, as everything else I either don't feel a need to check out any more than I've already seen or doesn't have much anything more to show for itself

though probably no more heroes iii. travis touchdown is a great garbage protagonist I'm always down for more of this dumbass ****ty dork's dumbass ****ty dorky antics. as well as more of suda51 being an absolute ****ing troll to the players

also, haven't gotten around to travis strikes again yet, but the first 2 games have absolutely phenomenal music. so I'm hoping that tradition holds up too

Last edited:
BOTW sequel looks amazing. I had no idea what was going on but... It looks straight up horror and I'm living for it!!! Also Zelda looks super cute with short hair. I'm also very excited for Link's Awakening, Trials of Mana, and Pokemon.

I believe mine would be the sequel to Breath of the Wild. It's one of my favorite games and I wasn't expecting a sequel to that game. I thought they were going to go in a completely different direction after that game like they normally do.

you know, assuming this is a proper sequel, doing this is in a way going in a completely different direction

I mean zelda 1>2, but older video games nonsense and overhauled gameplay mechanics. plus practically soft reboot plotline. then oot>mm are so thematically divorced from each other, that it's more apt to consider them separate works just featuring the same protagonist. especially given how it resolves nothing for the oot portion. then if memory doesn't fail me, there's the mess of a link to the past>link's awakening>oracle of ages/seasons

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah, and I guess there was wind waker>phantom hourglass too

I think I just blocked that one from memory due to how bleh it was

so yeah. zelda has a ton of sequels, but they're all so divorced from one another in various ways (narrative, basic gameplay, thematics, etc) that I'd not consider any to be proper sequels myself

Luigi's Mansion 3 for sure. Love the fact that it takes place in a big hotel (which just looks freaking
amazing) as well as that Peach and some Toads are also in the game.

Spyro on the Switch is really nice, Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics looks not bad, other than
these games, the rest wasn't so interesting for me.

Last edited:
My favorite moments of the Nintendo E3 presentation this year were definitely the reveal of the Dragon Quest Hero(es) and Banjo-Kazooie as upcoming DLC characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Looking forward to playing as them when they're released.

Also, the new trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses got me more interested in the game since it showed that a timeskip occurs in the story. That, alongside other news that has been circulating and what they've already shown in previous trailers, has gotten me anticipating its release next month a bit more. I'd still rank the Smash Bros. DLC reveals as my favorite moments though since I've been cautious not to get my hopes up too much with Fire Emblem for the past few years.

Other than AC, I'm most excited about Luigi's Mansion 3. As someone who actually enjoyed Dark Moon I look forward to being able to play a new game in the series. From what I've seen so far, I have no reason to doubt its quality.

I'm most excited for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (I un-ironically love those games), and Breath of the Wild sequel. It's motivating me to finally finish the game. I've watched my partner play it all the way through and I'm a little more timid when it comes to action video games with boss fights, but I've been taking it at my own pace.

I've never played a Luigi's Mansion game but 3 looks really fun and I might pick it up. We definitely have 1 & 2, but I've never played it.

Nintendo's E3 really excited me. Idk I haven't really been pumped for games in general for a while, but their conference just sort of relit a fire in me or somethin.

Just the thought of BOTW2 is cool to me, a proper canon sequel would be a good thing to have. I'm just worried that its not going to be as 'groundbreaking' as the original if they focus too much on just building the story / characters and stuff n not changing up the gameplay. But being a Zelda game I'm sure it'll be amazing no matter what :lemon:

Sword / Shield are really interesting me too. Thought I'd fell out of love for new pokemon news but it just looks so good . Its looking like what I had in my head when I was playing Pokemon red as a kid.

My favorite things about E3 were definitely the new footage of Pokemon Sword and Shield and Fire Emblem: The Three Houses. I was excited just to see some footage of those since I hadn’t paid attention to it previously. Nothing else really interested me other than perhaps the Smash DLC characters, but then again I don’t have a Switch yet, so I can’t really play Smash Ultimate yet. The only games I’m interested in for the Switch though are Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Smash Ultimate, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Pokemon Sword and Shield, and Fire Emblem: The Three Houses. Anything else would be extra, but probably wouldn’t put any money towards it. :)

Games I look most forward to, new ones, ports and all:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Resident Evil 5 & 6(never had a chance to play them before)
No More Heroes III(despite not having played the 2nd one)
Contra Rogue Corps(definitely a pleasant surprise, this)
Contra Anniversary Collection(I'd get this today if I had money)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy(never got a chance to play them back in their heyday so this' ll be a nice introduction)
Doom Eternal
Alien Isolation(been wanting to play this FOREVER)
and Pokemon Sword, I guess. I'm not nearly as huge into Pokemon as everyone else is but I still dig it. So will definitely get it.

It was cool to see that Ni No Kuni will be on the Switch. I have been thinking about playing that game.
The Zelda sequel and the new Smash fighters look nice, though I do not really play those unfortunately!
Silksong looks great as well, but if I get that it will likely be on PC.

I really want to be excited about Luigi's Mansion 3, but I do not know what it is about it. The style throws me off I suppose? I have always really looked the look of the first and its format, so that is likely why. I have played Dark Moon, but I just could not get myself to finish it.

Last edited:
ok, I'm pretty much completely neutral on and ignoring breath of the wild 2 myself, since I've still yet to play the first one. but I need to see an image of this

I just don't care about BotW 2. I wasn't that fond of BotW anyway, and I'm assuming they're basically going to go in the same direction with this given its success. More bland temples with 'eh' difficulty so you never "NEED" something, long periods of wandering around as "absolutely nothing" happens in big empty fields, no cool items like the hookshot or ball & chain and no neat specific use for them.

If they at least brought back unique temples though that would get me a tad interested. Maybe even keep the big open world except for the temples that DO require some sort of linear progression, yano, so they can actually make them unique rather than making sure you can beat them all from the start.

Games I look most forward to, new ones, ports and all:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Resident Evil 5 & 6(never had a chance to play them before)
No More Heroes III(despite not having played the 2nd one)
Contra Rogue Corps(definitely a pleasant surprise, this)
Contra Anniversary Collection(I'd get this today if I had money)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy(never got a chance to play them back in their heyday so this' ll be a nice introduction)
Doom Eternal
Alien Isolation(been wanting to play this FOREVER)
and Pokemon Sword, I guess. I'm not nearly as huge into Pokemon as everyone else is but I still dig it. So will definitely get it.

Basically this. plus banjo Kazooie on Smash and Panzer Dragoon remake.

Back