• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are your Top 5 Albums from 2014?

5.I dunno

4.My Everything - Ariana Grande

3.The New Classic - Iggy Azalea

2.Prism - Katy Perry

1.1989 - Taylor Swift

Last edited:
Oh lord...
In no particular order-
1. 1989- Tay Swizzle
2. Awesome Mix vol.1- Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack
3. New Eyes- Clean Bandit
4. X- Ed Sheeran (who I didn't even like until X came out)
5. 2014 Forest Hills Drive- J. Cole

Even just to be funny, I can't put the Pinkprint on here.

In order:

1. Babymetal - Self Titled
  2. Amaranthe - Massive Addictive
  3. Austrian Death Machine - Triple Brutal
  4. Devin Townsend - Z2
  5. Arch Enemy - War Eternal

To be honest, with the music I like, this was a pretty bland year. Either most bands releases were a bit disappointing, I didn't find any new interesting bands that I liked for longer than a week, or there just wasn't many significant releases.

I mean, I love the Baby Metal and Amaranthe albums but the others are just sort of 'just another album'. It was kind of hard to name 5 albums simply because I couldn't think of 5 albums from 2015 that I thought were more then "eh, it's okay".

And 'Austrian Death Machine' are a joke band...So...Y'know...When a joke band makes your list of best releases for the year, you know it's not been great.

Last edited:
I`m so out of touch with todays music, that I can only name one album released this year:

AC/DC - Rock or Bust.

I also like the Lights Out album of Ingrid Michaelson, but I have no clue if that was released in 2013 or 2014. BUt if it is, it gets first spot. She won me over.

I`m so out of touch with todays music, that I can only name one album released this year:

AC/DC - Rock or Bust.

So much this. Probably a bunch of older music people released stuff as well but idk I tend to stick to the oldies as well.

1. the pinkprint
2. the pinkprint
3. the pinkprint
4. the pinkprint
5. the pinkprint

what a great year for music

1. St Vincent - St Vincent
2. Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
3. Julian Casablancas + The Voidz - Tyranny
4. Nicki Minaj - Pink Print

Umm, idk I can't think of any more I really liked.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd really recommend St Vincent though, she's a cool lady.

1. Jin Akanishi - Mi Amor.

After that... I don't know really. Looking at my iTunes, it turns out I didn't even buy much music last year. The albums I did buy don't even really stand out in the grand scheme of things either. Even the one I did single out was actually a mini album rather than full-length.

Last edited:
1. Jinkx Monsoon: The Inevitable Album
2. .....
3. ........
4. .......
5. Adore Delano: Til Death do us Party (Cause it was just okay, not really 4, 3, or 2 material. Just 5)

1. Marina & The Diamonds-Froot. Even though it hasn't come out yet.
2. Calvin Harris-Motion
3. Iggy-The New Classic
I like Ariana Grande, but I didn't really care for her new album. Other than Love me Harder.

1. Spoon - They Want My Soul
2. Jack White - Lazaretto
3. Manchester Orchestra - Cope
4. Weird Al - Mandatory Fun
5. the Pixies - EP2

Honorable Mentions:
The Roots - ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
Thurston Moore - The Best Day
Cold War Kids - Hold My Home
Mogwai - Rave Tapes
Xiu Xiu - Angel Guts
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Flaming Lips - With a Little Help from my Fwends
Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

... I could keep going. A lot of good albums came out in 2014 ;)

The Froot singles came out last year, so does that kinda count?

Other than that, Ultraviolence <33333333333333 Queeeeen blew my mind with that perfection called an album.

As a huge, and I mean HUGE, fan of Taylor, i can honestly say 1989 was a disappointment, considering what she has cone and what she is capable of. My Princess Taylor just didn't deliver :,,,,,,,(

Last edited:
im a mainstream kid 8 )
1. One direction - four
twas a really good album <3
2. Taylor Swift - 1989
3. Sam Smith - In the lonely hour
4. Hozier - Hozier
5. Sia - a 1000 forms of fear

1. Spoon - They Want My Soul
2. Jack White - Lazaretto
3. Manchester Orchestra - Cope
4. Weird Al - Mandatory Fun
5. the Pixies - EP2

Honorable Mentions:
The Roots - ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
Thurston Moore - The Best Day
Cold War Kids - Hold My Home
Mogwai - Rave Tapes
Xiu Xiu - Angel Guts
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Flaming Lips - With a Little Help from my Fwends
Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

... I could keep going. A lot of good albums came out in 2014 ;)

Oh I forgot about Cope! That's a really solid album. I actually saw them when they were touring back in May with Balance & Composure and they put on a great show!

Oh I forgot about Cope! That's a really solid album. I actually saw them when they were touring back in May with Balance & Composure and they put on a great show!

I saw that show, too! 3rd or 4th time seeing them I think.

5.Attila-Guilty Pleasure
4.Azealia Banks-Broke with Expensive Taste
3.Pharaoh-Pharaoh
2.Nicki Minaj-The Pink Print
1.Nocturnal Bloodlust- The Omnigod

Last edited:
There's only one I can think of atm....Riot's 'Unleash the Fire', so much amazing stuff on that! Catchy as h*ll, very anthemic, diverse songwriting, very melodic....a bit of everything that hits in all the right spots. Perhaps A Sound of Thunder's 'The Lesser Key of Solomon' as well....as I listen to more release from last year I'll update!

Back