• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What are your memories from this game?

Shellzilla_515

F1 fan who loves onions
Bells
Switch
4129-2347-0028
Purple Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Yellow Hyacinth
The game is 5+ years old and I thought that maybe we can share our memories for the fun of it. :) Your memory can be either in-game or out of it as well (e.g. your friend was making jokes about your villagers.). Happy, sad, funny, it can be anything!

My first memory of this game is during the winter break of 2014. Me and my younger sister started our first town and named it Toronto. We then started making jokes that she (who became the mayor of that town) replaced the real-life mayor who took control of the town/city of the same name. Eventually, we started over after two weeks and I became the mayor, naming the town Lorule. When initially looking at this game, I thought it looked alright. At first, I was bugged by the animalese voices and how the villagers wore the same clothes day after day lol.

My second memory is that I recklessly dug holes around town, causing many traps for my villagers. Don't get me started on tortimer island, it was blanketed in holes. I still have the screenshot of it somewhere!

My third memory is that I showed this game to one of my friends. Weeks later, I showed Gruff to him and he started making ongoing jokes that he is an evil goat. He even came up with a nickname for him: Grut-gate. :p These jokes between him and Gruff went on for four years of highschool! FOUR!

The last memory that I will mention is that I had the game since first year of high school. On the first year, one student came up to me saying that "it's a kids game" (It's ridiculous because games are for EVERYONE but that should be discussed elsewhere). I just ignored that student and went on with playing the game. I also played this game a lot during lunch hour to pass the time and talk with my friends about it. I kept playing the game through all four years of high school and do not regret it one bit that I loved playing Animal Crossing.

Without a doubt, it has made some influences on me. It actually made me get into drawing after seeing people draw their villagers. Man, if my sister didn't ask for Animal Crossing on 2014 winter break, I'm pretty sure life would be different for me, nor would I even know The Bell Tree Forums. Honestly, it's quite scary to think what your life would be like if you didn't do certain things.

Well I've talked for FAR too long now. It's amazing on how a videogame can positively impact you! :blush:

Honestly, the series entirely has greatly improved my life. It's made dealing with my anxiety and depression a little bit easier, to be honest.

Last edited:
Back