• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your Top 5 Albums from 2014?

5.I dunno

4.My Everything - Ariana Grande

3.The New Classic - Iggy Azalea

2.Prism - Katy Perry

1.1989 - Taylor Swift

Last edited:
Oh lord...
In no particular order-
1. 1989- Tay Swizzle
2. Awesome Mix vol.1- Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack
3. New Eyes- Clean Bandit
4. X- Ed Sheeran (who I didn't even like until X came out)
5. 2014 Forest Hills Drive- J. Cole

Even just to be funny, I can't put the Pinkprint on here.

In order:

1. Babymetal - Self Titled
  2. Amaranthe - Massive Addictive
  3. Austrian Death Machine - Triple Brutal
  4. Devin Townsend - Z2
  5. Arch Enemy - War Eternal

To be honest, with the music I like, this was a pretty bland year. Either most bands releases were a bit disappointing, I didn't find any new interesting bands that I liked for longer than a week, or there just wasn't many significant releases.

I mean, I love the Baby Metal and Amaranthe albums but the others are just sort of 'just another album'. It was kind of hard to name 5 albums simply because I couldn't think of 5 albums from 2015 that I thought were more then "eh, it's okay".

And 'Austrian Death Machine' are a joke band...So...Y'know...When a joke band makes your list of best releases for the year, you know it's not been great.

Last edited:
I`m so out of touch with todays music, that I can only name one album released this year:

AC/DC - Rock or Bust.

I also like the Lights Out album of Ingrid Michaelson, but I have no clue if that was released in 2013 or 2014. BUt if it is, it gets first spot. She won me over.

I`m so out of touch with todays music, that I can only name one album released this year:

AC/DC - Rock or Bust.

So much this. Probably a bunch of older music people released stuff as well but idk I tend to stick to the oldies as well.

1. the pinkprint
2. the pinkprint
3. the pinkprint
4. the pinkprint
5. the pinkprint

what a great year for music

1. St Vincent - St Vincent
2. Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
3. Julian Casablancas + The Voidz - Tyranny
4. Nicki Minaj - Pink Print

Umm, idk I can't think of any more I really liked.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd really recommend St Vincent though, she's a cool lady.

1. Jin Akanishi - Mi Amor.

After that... I don't know really. Looking at my iTunes, it turns out I didn't even buy much music last year. The albums I did buy don't even really stand out in the grand scheme of things either. Even the one I did single out was actually a mini album rather than full-length.

Last edited:
1. Jinkx Monsoon: The Inevitable Album
2. .....
3. ........
4. .......
5. Adore Delano: Til Death do us Party (Cause it was just okay, not really 4, 3, or 2 material. Just 5)

1. Marina & The Diamonds-Froot. Even though it hasn't come out yet.
2. Calvin Harris-Motion
3. Iggy-The New Classic
I like Ariana Grande, but I didn't really care for her new album. Other than Love me Harder.

1. Spoon - They Want My Soul
2. Jack White - Lazaretto
3. Manchester Orchestra - Cope
4. Weird Al - Mandatory Fun
5. the Pixies - EP2

Honorable Mentions:
The Roots - ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
Thurston Moore - The Best Day
Cold War Kids - Hold My Home
Mogwai - Rave Tapes
Xiu Xiu - Angel Guts
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Flaming Lips - With a Little Help from my Fwends
Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

... I could keep going. A lot of good albums came out in 2014 ;)

The Froot singles came out last year, so does that kinda count?

Other than that, Ultraviolence <33333333333333 Queeeeen blew my mind with that perfection called an album.

As a huge, and I mean HUGE, fan of Taylor, i can honestly say 1989 was a disappointment, considering what she has cone and what she is capable of. My Princess Taylor just didn't deliver :,,,,,,,(

Last edited:
im a mainstream kid 8 )
1. One direction - four
twas a really good album <3
2. Taylor Swift - 1989
3. Sam Smith - In the lonely hour
4. Hozier - Hozier
5. Sia - a 1000 forms of fear

1. Spoon - They Want My Soul
2. Jack White - Lazaretto
3. Manchester Orchestra - Cope
4. Weird Al - Mandatory Fun
5. the Pixies - EP2

Honorable Mentions:
The Roots - ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
Thurston Moore - The Best Day
Cold War Kids - Hold My Home
Mogwai - Rave Tapes
Xiu Xiu - Angel Guts
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Flaming Lips - With a Little Help from my Fwends
Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

... I could keep going. A lot of good albums came out in 2014 ;)

Oh I forgot about Cope! That's a really solid album. I actually saw them when they were touring back in May with Balance & Composure and they put on a great show!

Oh I forgot about Cope! That's a really solid album. I actually saw them when they were touring back in May with Balance & Composure and they put on a great show!

I saw that show, too! 3rd or 4th time seeing them I think.

5.Attila-Guilty Pleasure
4.Azealia Banks-Broke with Expensive Taste
3.Pharaoh-Pharaoh
2.Nicki Minaj-The Pink Print
1.Nocturnal Bloodlust- The Omnigod

Last edited:
There's only one I can think of atm....Riot's 'Unleash the Fire', so much amazing stuff on that! Catchy as h*ll, very anthemic, diverse songwriting, very melodic....a bit of everything that hits in all the right spots. Perhaps A Sound of Thunder's 'The Lesser Key of Solomon' as well....as I listen to more release from last year I'll update!

Back