• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your thoughts on the new rise of modding in ACNH?

More importantly, you didn't have to pay for any of that content in previous installments.
True, the way they locked a lot of base content behind online was pretty scummy. It didn't even have a real multiplayer, so it was kind of underhanded how clear their intentions were for online.

I personally wouldn't do it because I lack technical knowhow and patience, but I don't disapprove of it. Getting certain items like specific DIYs can be ridiculous since you get so many repeats. Also locking all fruit behind multiplayer is 🐂💩. Don't get me started on my 8 month long odyssey to get oranges 🍊 without online access. I appreciate modders who can get specific things quickly. Especially since the trading market for NH seems to have wound down a bit since I could last trade (in March '21.) Glad I have access for trading again but it was a pain getting stuff without it

I'd have loved it if Switch games had something akin to the Workshop for Steam games; makes it easier to install mods, and would have made me play the game a lot more.

not done any modding before but i came across pictures of modded islands in new leaf (i think i remember there being bamboo in rivers or smth??). i haven't seen any pictures of them in new horizons but shall take a gander ;o

wouldn't want to do modding though on my island - don't really know the process + possibility of heccing it up

I keep seeing more and more videos on tik tok of people modding their islands and while some things look a bit weird there are a few cool designs.

I also keep seeing amazing décor that is similar to the deigns of items in New Horizons and I want them so bad on my island but I do not know how you mod I am assuming you have to download some software and secondly I am to worried that I will mess up my switch.

Back