• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are your thoughts on cooking?

It doesn’t hurt the game by having more to collect, but it’s nothing mind blowingly amazing to me honestly. I’m happy enough to have it.

i LOVE the cooking. it makes my house much more homey when theres food displayed, plus, you can give food to the villagers too which is really nice. im glad they added this!

I wasn’t blown away by it during the Direct, but as I have played, I have come to agree that it is a nice addition. I wanted more DIYs, and I am honestly not into the vine or glowing moss sets, so cooking is a nice consolation.

Can someone confirm if when gifted to a villager they use it for decoration or not?
ive been wanting to gift sprinkle a cherry smoothie but I’ve been hesitant bc I don’t wanna mess up her room lol
That being said, I like it I just have the same problem with it that I have with crafting: not being able to use items from the storage.
I really don’t get it like the refrigerator items would’ve been perfect, you throw food items in it and then you can use these for cooking. Oh well. But they do look very cute and tasty!!
I'm sorry to tell you this but I gifted Francine a Sea Bass Pie (I think thats what its called) and she didn't eat it. She just placed it in her home. When I saw this I was like "Oh you have got to be kidding me...."

I'm sorry to tell you this but I gifted Francine a Sea Bass Pie (I think thats what its called) and she didn't eat it. She just placed it in her home. When I saw this I was like "Oh you have got to be kidding me...."
Tbf that is what I would want
Theyre items that I care more about decorating with tha eating

So if a villager ate it I would be mad

i'm okay with it, i don't think strongly either way about it at all. i don't really feel strongly for DIYs in general and this just kinda feels like that.

Tbf that is what I would want
Theyre items that I care more about decorating with tha eating

So if a villager ate it I would be mad
Well then I am never given them a cooking item again. If I would've know this was a decorative thing I would not gift them, but now I have to get rid of that item. Thank goodness I unlocked the feature to customize villager homes.

I have not cooked a single thing yet.... It's cool that they added it, Unless I need a recipe for a build I'll never cook...

I have not cooked a single thing yet.... It's cool that they added it, Unless I need a recipe for a build I'll never cook...
The only time I will cook is if its for a daily nook mile task, but other than that. I don't really care for it in general.

It's great. I love to cook in real life, so naturally, I also like having the ability to do just that in the game as well. Definitely a feature I've wanted for a while. Glad it's finally here.

On another note, I still haven't been able to get my hands on any wheat, which it seems as if flour is an ingredient used in the majority of recipes I have. Fingers crossed Leif stocks some next week.

It's great. I love to cook in real life, so naturally, I also like having the ability to do just that in the game as well. Definitely a feature I've wanted for a while. Glad it's finally here.

On another note, I still haven't been able to get my hands on any wheat, which it seems as if flour is an ingredient used in the majority of recipes I have. Fingers crossed Leif stocks some next week.
You can kind different crops on Kapp'n Tours. I was lucky enough to find an island that had wheats on it.

I‘m indifferent to it. I‘m glad it’s been added for all the people who wanted cooking and crops, but I never saw the appeal. I also don’t have room on my island to grow crops. the only place I could fit them would be on the beach, but I’m pretty sure they won’t grow because I heard that pumpkins don’t grow there. I planted a few crops on the beach to check, but if they can’t grow on the sand then I guess I won’t have any crops on my island.

I really like it in theory and I am trying to collect recipes but I would like it a lot more if villagers ate the food I gave them and didn't display them as furniture pieces. I would make dishes a lot more to randomly gift to villagers as a daily activity for some cute dialogue if I didn't have to worry about the food just being clutter in their houses later (and yes I can change the interior but I don't want to have to be doing that all the time).

i adore cooking, it really adds something extra and natural to the game to be able to transform your fruit, fish, etc. it's my favorite thing to do in-game, and i feel like it gives more money than just selling the basic crops of ingredients (?) which is helpful for me since i don't play the stalk market!

Ok, but my island's already decorated. I'm basically done with the game. If they'd have had this from the beginning, it would've been better imo for alot of us who were there then. Now I don't play anymore because it's still boring.
I’ve actually began replacing food items or QR hat foods with the real dishes, so it’s actually helped a lot. For those of us who have islands with restaurants, cafes, diners, etc., it’s really fun to get to replace all the old repetitive furniture items with new stuff. It really depends on how you use the update to revamp your island. I’m sorry that it didn’t bring that same satisfaction for you, but I think most people love the addition of new foods and recipes. UwU

It's a nice addition. Really adds great touches to home decor because it gives the place more life compared to custom designs. Sure, there's nothing more to it than decoration and power ups, but it's something to do and something to collect.

It also would've been nice if villagers would occasionally ask for food and eat them.

i like it i think its fun and cute besides now i can spoil my villagers with good food

Back