• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your ideal October vibes?

The best October vibes?

• Total voters

.: Meri :.

-love brought me some eternal petals-
Bells
Switch
1708-1067-1998
Island
Lostglade
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I've been thinking recently that there's a lot of different moods and themes that are associated with spooky season, as well as the month of October as a whole, and I was wondering what everyone's favorites were, and what they tend to associate with the most!

For me, I'm always down for some general autumn vibes and I love love love the aesthetics of pumpkins, carved or not. I'm also very much into the fun/cute side of spooky things—I don't want to run from skeletons, I just want to party with them, y'know? That being said, I do also enjoy the secondhand thrill of watching a good horror game Let's Play on Youtube and the laughs that come with it, but that's about as far as I go with straight-up horror stuff.

All of them! Being the child of a goth, I'm into spooky things of all kinds. Also, I'm a fan of that generally autumnal aesthetic. Maybe the latter is because I was usually out and about around that time when I was younger.

Autumnal vibes and fun/cute spooky stuff vibes as far as halloween aesthetics go! I also enjoy watching some genuinely scary movies (but not super gory SAW-esque movies).

I'm all for the Fun/Cute Spooky stuff and Autumn vibes going on this year, and the years before that.

This, along with Thanksgiving and (If you count Christmas) are why this is my favorite season ya dig?

i’m an all-of-the-above kinda girly, but i lean towards fun/cute spooky stuff and autumnal/give me all of the pumpkins the most! when i think of october and autumn, i think of pumpkins (carved and uncarved), colourful leaves, warm tones and colours, pumpkin spice, apples, treats like pumpkin/apple pie, pillsbury halloween cookies, caramel apples, toffee, apple cider etc, apple picking, hayrides, cute fall decor etc, and that’s the kind of vibe and aesthetic i love and embrace for october itself!

however, when it comes to the halloween part of october, i’m all for fun and cute spooky stuff, and campy/cheesy horror! give me cute but still a little scary and slightly unnerving horror games, silly skeletons having fun, silly halloween decorations (i’ll link a tiktok below that’s an example of the type of silly halloween decorations i’m into hehe), cute halloween art of typically scary things, candy, horror movies and fun halloween animated movies, etc!! fun/cute spooky is the aesthetic i personally tend to have for halloween, and it’s definitely my favourite 💜

intense/genuinely scary horror is cool, but i only really like it when it comes to horror movies and creepypasta 😅

anyways, the tiktok i was talking about!! i’m not sure if people without tiktok accounts will be able to see it, but fingers crossed haha. i’m tempted to get a passport, travel to the u.s., and hit up a target just for this:

* Cool, crisp weather 🌬️
* Candy 🍭🍬🍫
* Colorful leaves 🍂

I just love all things autumn like the leaves on the trees turning and then eventually falling off. The weather slowly becoming colder as we head further into the season and of course the build up to Halloween. 🧡

I adore rainy october days! And typical cute halloween stuff is fun. As for horror, I prefer analog horror…but I watch it all year! XD

I love campy, cheesy horror. Rocky Horror Picture Show is a must-watch during the Halloween season for me

Leaves apple things cinnamon things pumpkins bonfires smores jackets breezes and honey

The honey sounds odd, but I'll explain.
As a kid, there was this local farm that had a little store. Elementary field trips were held there. The farm's big thing was producing apple cider and they had a view window to allow you to watch them do it. Other things they were known for was picking your own fruit and pumpkins in the orchards and patch. And... seeing thier beehive contained in glass panels. Sometimes you could see the queen. They sold honey sticks, honey, and honey with honey comb, and bottles of pollen. I'm not sure if all of that came from that hive, but not the less it became an association to me.

I can't vote because my birthday isn't on the poll.

4chr0a.jpg

Jokes aside, I like it all.

The weather finally stops being so nasty and hot, but it's not quite cold. It's just the right amount of chill. The leaves start to change a bunch of different colors. All the different seasonal foods. I like pumpkins. I always try to grow them, but it usually never plays out like I would hope because of life getting busy and people taking advantage of my time so the pumpkins end up wilting. This year I managed to grow a huge harvest and even pureed them all. I want to make all sorts of pumpkin stuff.

The Halloween themes are fun. Seeing people dress up in cool costumes. Lots of fun movies/shows that have some kind of spooky/fall theme. I always find this time of the year to be the most pleasant before winter rolls in with its horrible 5 months of below freezing.

Time for me to play whatever j-horror game or obscure j-horror movie i wanana see lol.

Last year was resident evil 7 this year right now im doing a resident evil 6 replay and also resident evil welcome to racoon city i just saw and it sux lol.

I love all of these things, but my favorite aspect of October is more about the dark, somber, creepy vibes. Ravens, graveyards, plague doctors, old books, old dolls, run-down houses, candles, tarot cards, old bones, spiders, rats, and bats.

In terms of Halloween vibes, my personal favourite is cute spooky, I love little ghosts and other friends!

However October is spring for me so I always have a double association of the season, also thinking of it for blossoming trees and flowers everywhere!

For me its scary movie, horror, fun to be scared month. I love horror, I like freaky, and grim. But not too grim, like psychological horror.

cutesy is nice too. I love anything Halloween to be honest. But if I had to pick a type, it would be horror, and scary.

I feel like I totally stand out from here sometimes

Last edited:
I'm fond of all of it, at least to some degree.

Like Snowesque said above, October has this mystic, spooky, fun vibe. It feels distinct from any other month to me and I just love it, definitely my favorite month of the year. The generally cooler temperatures contribute, as do the occasional gray skies and fog when we're fortunate enough for it to develop.

Autumn is my favorite season, so I'm all about the pumpkins and the leaves gradually changing colors and falling from the trees. I'm also totally on board with the pumpkin food and pumpkin spice lattes.

I've always been fond of horror so I'm up for both the campy and the intense/genuinely scary, though since I saw the original Child's Play when I was like 3 years old, I very early on learned that the things in the movies are just made up, so I've never been scared of horror. I appreciate it for the atmosphere, practical effects, music, plot, etc.

As it pertains to things like decorations, costumes, etc. I'm more into the scary/creepy side of things.

Fun/Cute spooky isn't my favorite but I don't write it off entirely. There are some fun/cute Halloweeny items and aesthetics that I appreciate when I see them, and lighthearted Halloweeny media is fun in its way too.

I just love October in all of its various, vibrant shades.

Back